Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    So i was able to connect my android phone without issue after the touchpad update. I am able to make calls but when i try to use it to text it says that i must connect a phone. Am i doing something wrong?
  2. lavo96's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #2  
    No...your phone needs to have Bluetooth MAP for it to work.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lavo96 View Post
    No...your phone needs to have Bluetooth MAP for it to work.
    what is Bluetooth MAP?
  4. robdmau's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #4  
    I have a problem making calls on my TP, says it cannot connect, but it still dials my phone anyways. I can receive calls just fine though. How can you make it use text messages?

    Using HTC EVO 3D
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    I have a problem making calls on my TP, says it cannot connect, but it still dials my phone anyways. I can receive calls just fine though. How can you make it use text messages?

    Using HTC EVO 3D
    I am having the same problem on my Touchpad with a Nexus S. Cannot connect to outgoing calls for some reason. I have not tried incoming calls yet.

    I'm hoping there will be some kind of patch to fix this and also to allow text messaging.
  6. #6  
    your phone has to support the MAP profile for messaging. That has to come from android.
  7. gotwillk's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #7  
    so is it able to do wireless tether now with ad-hoc connections?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrak View Post
    what is Bluetooth MAP?
    Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  9.    #9  
    ok so how do i know if my phone is capable of doing this?
  10. #10  
    I was wondering if the text will work for my HTC hd7. Incoming and outgoing works and my phone supports map.
  11. #11  
    So...all they did was allow TouchPad to function as a Bluetooth speaker from any device that can connect with it. Yay?
    What I can't understand is why my Pre 2 (before OR after update) still cannot use this text forwarding feature like the Pre 3 can. I assume the Pre 2 is also lacking this "MAP" thing?
    Or is it something in the 2.2 update that may never make it's official way around (counting on you homebrewers! =D)?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Koiji412 View Post
    So...all they did was allow TouchPad to function as a Bluetooth speaker from any device that can connect with it. Yay?
    What I can't understand is why my Pre 2 (before OR after update) still cannot use this text forwarding feature like the Pre 3 can. I assume the Pre 2 is also lacking this "MAP" thing?
    Or is it something in the 2.2 update that may never make it's official way around (counting on you homebrewers! =D)?
    On your Pre2, if you goto Device Info -> More Info, you will see a list of "Supported Bluetooth profiles". If you see "MAP" there, it should "technically" work.
  13. #13  
    My Pre 2 doesn't list MAP. I wish we could get this working.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
    On your Pre2, if you goto Device Info -> More Info, you will see a list of "Supported Bluetooth profiles". If you see "MAP" there, it should "technically" work.
    Guess that's why my sprint pre- won't work for this either :-(

    At least I finally have my touchpad from the firesale, it arrived yesterday. Not a whole lot of patches available, nor the custom kernel. I'm hoping this is just because 3.0.4 is so new?
    : (){:|:&};:
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    At least I finally have my touchpad from the firesale, it arrived yesterday. Not a whole lot of patches available, nor the custom kernel. I'm hoping this is just because 3.0.4 is so new?
    Exactly. 3.0.4 literally only just came out about 2 days ago. Patches/kernels/etc will no doubt be updated from 3.0.2 and arrive shortly.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gotwillk View Post
    so is it able to do wireless tether now with ad-hoc connections?
    Not as far as I've heard yet.
  17. #17  
    anybody know if the galaxy nexus will support bluetooth MAP?

Posting Permissions