Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By noxis
  1.    #1  
    Hi all, I get a feeling this will turn into "send it back to HP" - but my hope is someone has the magic key to turn it back on.

My touchpad has got the android install on it, before updating to webOS 3.0.4 yesterday I removed the UberKernel back to PalmDefault. I then did the OTA upgrade successfully first time no problems. It did its install + reboot thing and was in webOS no problems at all.

Today I wanted to try the new Alpha release of Android so I tell webOS to shutdown (first time since update)... and now it won't turn back on. I have tried pressing and holding the power + centre key for 15/20/30/60/60+ seconds and I get nada. Prior to shutdown the battery was reporting 95%+ (was 100% before I went to bed and still 100% this morning).

If I plug power into it (tried a couple of different charging blocks and cables) nothing comes on screen.

Help?

------------
    EDIT
    ------------

Update! And a good one at that!

I chatted to someone on the Palm online support thingy. She gave me a new key combo to press that resurrected my Touchpad!

Press and hold the power button then press the centre button 10 times in a row then release the power. I did that and the screen lit up and flashed the HP logo. Then I just hit power button as normal and hazzah! It booted!

Now I am chuffed.
    Last edited by noxis; 10/20/2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Resolved!
    wildblue likes this.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I had this problem too.

With no particular skill what happened to me was...

i) Held down the power button for many seconds and the unit went into recovery (doctor) mode. with the USB logo filling the screen.

ii) I then held down the power and the home button at the same time, again for a few seconds and it rebooted normally.

Good luck!

Andrew
    my touchpad wouldnt turn back on after i tried to update it to 3.04 aswell the only thing that worked for me was to doctor it, just like you the hard reset did nothing. on the bright side webos doctor 3.04 is available
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Barron22 View Post
    my touchpad wouldnt turn back on after i tried to update it to 3.04 aswell the only thing that worked for me was to doctor it, just like you the hard reset did nothing. on the bright side webos doctor 3.04 is available
    But with no power at all showing anywhere, plugging it in is not recognised. I tried the good doctor but it simply sat waiting for the device to be plugged in.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Did you try holding power + volume up button yet? Should boot into USB mode.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kenmitch View Post
    Did you try holding power + volume up button yet? Should boot into USB mode.
    Yup, and down too just for the giggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    But with no power at all showing anywhere, plugging it in is not recognised. I tried the good doctor but it simply sat waiting for the device to be plugged in.
    I'm not sure then my computer didn't seem to recognise it (I.e I couldn't see the touchpad in my computer) but webOS doctor seemed to find it straight away
  8.    #8  
    After being plugged into the wall socket over night... still nothing
    Same here. Hadn't used it in several days; I assume it updated itself, and it is dead cold. I thought maybe the charger was bad so I left it on the Touchstone overnight and no go. The chargers aren't even warm from charging it. I had uberkernal and few patches but nothing else on it. There is no power at all, doesn't register when plugged into computer. Hating this. So I got it at BB online but I gather they are not providing service; does it need to go back to HP? Willing to try anything else, but I've pushed every combination of buttons alive to no avail.
  10.    #10  

I chatted to someone on the Palm online support thingy. She gave me a new key combo to press that resurrected my Touchpad!

Press and hold the power button then press the centre button 10 times in a row then release the power. I did that and the screen lit up and flashed the HP logo. Then I just hit power button as normal and hazzah! It booted!

Now I am chuffed.
    ...or just press and hold the "home" button and the "power" button for over 10 seconds ...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dharani1234 View Post
    ...or just press and hold the "home" button and the "power" button for over 10 seconds ...
    (if you read the thread) I tried that first, several times. Didn't work.
    Hi all, I get a feeling this will turn into "send it back to HP" - but my hope is someone has the magic key to turn it back on.

My touchpad has got the android install on it, before updating to webOS 3.0.4 yesterday I removed the UberKernel back to PalmDefault. I then did the OTA upgrade successfully first time no problems. It did its install + reboot thing and was in webOS no problems at all.

Today I wanted to try the new Alpha release of Android so I tell webOS to shutdown (first time since update)... and now it won't turn back on. I have tried pressing and holding the power + centre key for 15/20/30/60/60+ seconds and I get nada. Prior to shutdown the battery was reporting 95%+ (was 100% before I went to bed and still 100% this morning).

If I plug power into it (tried a couple of different charging blocks and cables) nothing comes on screen.

Help?

------------
    EDIT
    ------------

Now I am chuffed.
    i would have been given a never ending stay in the corner of shame if it was actually bricked like i thought it was. words cannot describe my gratitude.
    what is the combination do//? power and 10 home?? I success with that too

Help?

------------
    EDIT
    ------------

Now I am chuffed.
    This did the trick for me too!!! I had to do it twice, and it finally turned on!!
    omg! Thank you so much for posting your experience and fix. My connection was knocked loose from my laptop and the TP would not turn on.. This solution fixed what I thought was going to be a situation where hubby was going to be really ****ed at wifey!