1.    #1  
    Hi,

I updated my touchpad to 3.0.4 yesterday and was happy to see I was able to connect it to my iPhone 3G. I can call, consult my contacts, etc. but I can't manage to send a text message.

When I try to send a text message to a cell phone, it says I need to connect the touchpad to a phone but that's already done. The message hasn't been sent.

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks
    Hey - does this mean you can also now use your iPhone as a wifi hotspot for the TP? I have an iphone 3GS - with unlimited data - would love to know.
  3.    #3  
    I have my doubts about wifi hotspot
    Maybe over bluetooth, haven't tried that yet
    Hi
    With my iPhone 4 I'm able to place phone calls using the touchpad on 3.0.4 but can't send SMSs it always popup a message saying that it needs to be connect to a phone.
    About Internet tethering I'm also able to use it with my iPhone4 personal hotspot option via wi-fi even when I was at 3.0.2 firmware. With 3.0.4 it also works fine.
    Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by shovon123 View Post
    I do not own an iPhone but I was looking into this with my Android ZTE Blade and came to the conclusion that the phone needs to have a Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile) in order to communicate with the Touchpad as far as sending and receiving text messages from the TP via the phone.

I believe like my Blade, the iPhone does not have MAP.
    you can say that again :-) lol
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I do not own an iPhone but I was looking into this with my Android ZTE Blade and came to the conclusion that the phone needs to have a Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile) in order to communicate with the Touchpad as far as sending and receiving text messages from the TP via the phone.

I believe like my Blade, the iPhone does not have MAP.
    Last edited by shovon123; 10/19/2011 at 04:51 AM. Reason: deleted last double post by mistake
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    I have a iphone. So how are you able to connect the two after the update?
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
  8.    #8  
    enable bluetooth on iPhone
    enable bluetooth on touchpad
    try to find phone devices via bluetooth card on touchpad
    try to find bluetooth deviced in the bluetooth settings on your iphone

after a while they will found eachother and you click connect on both devices
    that's it
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Thanks lorro,
    My mistake was with the TP. In the pairing mode of the TP it states that it try to pair with audio. In the drop down menu it is different type of devices to pair with. So of course I choose phone.

Simplicity has it's sophistication.
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    Ok, so after you pair up the phone with the TP what can u do?
    You can basically only use the TP as a bluetooth speakerphone. The text functionality is still limited to the Pre 3 only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn View Post
    You can basically only use the TP as a bluetooth speakerphone. The text functionality is still limited to the Pre 3 only.
    Why wouldn't I just use my iPhone's speakerphone? I don't see any point to this?
    Quote Originally Posted by garlon View Post
    Hi
    With my iPhone 4 I'm able to place phone calls using the touchpad on 3.0.4 but can't send SMSs it always popup a message saying that it needs to be connect to a phone.
    About Internet tethering I'm also able to use it with my iPhone4 personal hotspot option via wi-fi even when I was at 3.0.2 firmware. With 3.0.4 it also works fine.
    Cheers
    how are you able to do this...does it require a plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
    Why wouldn't I just use my iPhone's speakerphone? I don't see any point to this?
    when phone is across the room and you are using your tp, not that often but definite cool points.
    Quote Originally Posted by oward01 View Post
    how are you able to do this...does it require a plan?
    does tethering require a plan? Officially yes but jailbreak for ios and root for android fixes that
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn View Post
    if you have a phone that supports Bluetooth MAP then you can text as well. My work BB9800 performs flawlessly. Its one more reason for me to pick up my TouchPad. I can answer texts and phone calls without carrying around my phone around the house with me. Definitely a big plus, but I guess Apple will add it next year or two and it will be revolutionary...oh and magical ;-)