Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I am am relatively new to the TP world, and I updated my TP last night, and immediately wish I could go back - it is slow again (unclocked) the screen takes several seconds to rotate - or doesn't at all, I have that annoying jerky screen, pages are taking longer to load, and the only benefit I see at this time is my ability to actually log into this site on the first try. I get that patches have to be updated, but until then, I do not want to deal with this update. I was too tired and disappointed to even explore it anymore, so who knows if I have even more of some of the problems others have encountered as well.

Please tell me I can go back -actually I was quite happy with the other firmware save for some browser problems - and as frustrating as it is, I prefer login problems over that jerky screen, which actually hurts my eyes.
    Download webdoctor 3.02 and flash it back.
    I'm pretty happy with 3.04. It seems about par with my previous 1.5 oc. Try rebooting couple of times first to see if it improves.
    webOS Doctor can take you back to 3.0.2

Link
    Hmm... so, even we are in 3.0.4, it will allow the TP to go back to 3.02?? i will have to try it when I get home.
    Hmm... so, even we are in 3.0.4, it will allow the TP to go back to 3.02?? i will have to try it when I get home.
    Yes, running webOS Doctor will revert to whatever release you download. It's basically like fully formatting and reinstalling Windows or OS X on your computer. Bear in mind you will lose everything you have installed when you doctor though, so back up/copy your data elsewhere.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    When I tried it on mine, it got stuck at 12% (for almost 1 hour)

However, it did not brick the TP, I just removed the cable then turned it off .. it rebooted back to 3.0.4 as if nothing happened (still using my profile).

Let us know if there is a work around or anybody had success doing it.
    go here if you need 3.0.2 webos doc if you only have access to 3.0.4

thanks for this thread. just got mine and need to roll it back

http://www.webosbuzz.com/webos-infor...-veer-etc.html
    im in the process of a rollback... will update shortly with results.
    cjf243 likes this.
    rollback was a success and it even kept my personal files on it.
    keplenk likes this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waltah12 View Post
    rollback was a success and it even kept my personal files on it.
    You just did the normal doctor?

Damn, this is weird .. I always get stuck at 12% (using 3.0.2) .. but if I doctor to 3.0.4 it works. Weird.
    TIP:
    You can always go back to a previous version of the OS by Doctoring.
    BUT... please note that every time you put the device on a charger or plug it in, it will see there is an update and prompt you to download it. If you fail to tell it "no", it will download and install the update automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    [TIP]You can always go back to a previous version of the OS by Doctoring.
    BUT... please note that every time you put the device on a charger or plug it in, it will see there is an update and prompt you to download it. If you fail to tell it "no", it will download and install the update automatically.
    [/TIP]
    THIS

I was going to roll back, but given that it requires extreme diligence to prevent the device from automatically updating, I'll just deal with 3.04 until the issues are resolved.

I suppose one could roll back then firewall it from the internet, but preventing a touchpad from accessing the internet would - of course - remove much of the functionality of the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    You just did the normal doctor?

Damn, this is weird .. I always get stuck at 12% (using 3.0.2) .. but if I doctor to 3.0.4 it works. Weird.
    yea, using the 3.0.2 link i posted above . working great. crossing my fingers it doesnt try to update itself like some other people are seeing.

im really happy with this tablet at the price of $150...however, it lacks the polish of my I4 regarding its software and OS. there are so many corners cut and lack of completeness to multiple apps, settings, and preferences. i would have been enraged if i spent msrp on it. other than that, its a fantastic bargain and value at the sale price and an overall great device for portable web browsing and media.
  15.    #15  
    I doctored mine with no problems- did not automatically update to 3.04, and all files, bookmarks, and apps were restored - except preware - Will install prepare later.
    Last edited by Touchkeeper; 10/20/2011 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchkeeper View Post
    I doctored mine with no problems- did not automatically update to 3.04,
    Not yet.

There are many reports that this update is automatically applying.

I don't believe it's worth the trouble of rolling back to 3.02 if the system is simply going to automatically reapply 3.04 overnight.

More info here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-4-itself.html
    You can go into the system files and disable updates via command line on 1.4.5.. Not sure if it works on 3.0.x. Ill look into when I get a touchpad to fool around with (mines in for repair)
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    Not yet.

There are many reports that this update is automatically applying.

I don't believe it's worth the trouble of rolling back to 3.02 if the system is simply going to automatically reapply 3.04 overnight.

More info here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-4-itself.html
    It seems that this auto-update happens not too long after the 3.02 is reinstalled. Well, it has been since last night that I re-installed 3.02, and it is still there this morning. After the re-install I did get a notification that I had available updates, but when I tapped on the icon, I got the message - "no updates available." which was so fine with me. I have read the posts in the link you provided, and it seemed that many people had the update happen after they charged it, and one person asked a question about Wifi - So, mine is charging now - but wifi is off just to be safe.

As far as I am concerned, unless it happens to me, then I am not going to assume that it is going to happen in every case - but if it does happen to my TP, I will post about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by waltah12 View Post
    go here if you need 3.0.2 webos doc if you only have access to 3.0.4

thanks for this thread. just got mine and need to roll it back

Download All webOS Doctors (TouchPad,Pre,Pixi,Veer,ETC)

Link 3.0.4 rather than use the doctor:

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...4hstnhwifi.jar
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    [TIP]You can always go back to a previous version of the OS by Doctoring.
    [/TIP]
    Not if you have wifi turned off...I'm waiting in airplane mode.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast