Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wittc21
  1.    #1  
    So I decided to doctor my Touchpad prior to upgrading to the 3.0.4 update today. I made sure to do a manual backup which took about a minute and said it was successful. Once the doctoring was complete I signed in with my webos account and it only restored about 75% of my apps.

Specifically, three of my purchased apps were missing. I went into the app store thinking I could just re-download them for free since I already paid for them. Before I did that, I searched this forum and found several posts in the past of others re-downloading their purchased apps for free as long as you were signed in with the same webos account.

I wasn't as fortunate. As a test I re-downloaded Advanced Browser and was billed the $2.99. It shows up pending in my bank and I received a 2nd receipt.

I went into the backup app and it shows the last backup as September 6th! So the manual backup I performed apparently failed or didn't go through for some reason.

I spoke with the live chat support and got absolutely nowhere, I really wonder who they have working for them. I've scoured the web and cannot find a support page or email address for the HP app store. The unhelpful rep advised me to call support in the morning at 877-426-3777.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and a warning to those doing what I did. I realize I could have run the update over all my patches, but I wanted to start clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by zackintosh View Post
    So I decided to doctor my Touchpad prior to upgrading to the 3.0.4 update today. I made sure to do a manual backup which took about a minute and said it was successful. Once the doctoring was complete I signed in with my webos account and it only restored about 75% of my apps.

Specifically, three of my purchased apps were missing. I went into the app store thinking I could just re-download them for free since I already paid for them. Before I did that, I searched this forum and found several posts in the past of others re-downloading their purchased apps for free as long as you were signed in with the same webos account.

I wasn't as fortunate. As a test I re-downloaded Advanced Browser and was billed the $2.99. It shows up pending in my bank and I received a 2nd receipt.

I went into the backup app and it shows the last backup as September 6th! So the manual backup I performed apparently failed or didn't go through for some reason.

I spoke with the live chat support and got absolutely nowhere, I really wonder who they have working for them. I've scoured the web and cannot find a support page or email address for the HP app store. The unhelpful rep advised me to call support in the morning at 877-426-3777.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and a warning to those doing what I did. I realize I could have run the update over all my patches, but I wanted to start clean.
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with downloading applications that were already purchased. Call this number for assistance 407-531-4496 option 2. This is the WebOS corporate support line. They are open until 12:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time. They should be able to assist you. Good luck!
    mando likes this.