Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just a heads up, after updating to 3.04 logging will be turned back on and causes slow downs.
    go to settings, device info. On the top left click on the device info drop down and click on custom application enter ##logs# a new card should open. Do clear logs and then Change longing levels and click on set logging to minimal.

oh yeah what's up will auto correct it is really screwed up!
    i havent done that after the update but i can see a significant improvement in performance that makes me not want to reinstall the patches.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinwind View Post
    i havent done that after the update but i can see a significant improvement in performance that makes me not want to reinstall the patches.
    you don't have to install a patch to turn off logging. Just do what it says in the first post. My touch pad is now blazing!
    i mean i disabled all the patches before installing the update and i have not done any tweak yet. the tp is running just fine. im waiting for the stable cyanogen android to come out anyway. sorry to webos fans if you think that is offensive
    Quote Originally Posted by peteostro View Post
    just a heads up, after updating to 3.04 logging will be turned back on and causes slow downs.
    go to settings, device info. On the top left click on the device info drop down and click on custom application enter ##logs# a new card should open. Do clear logs and then Change longing levels and click on set logging to minimal.

ok you said do or do not clear logging?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmale1 View Post
    ok you said do or do not clear logging?
    do clear logging
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    thanks tor the quick tip. I forgot all about that. After the update I was a bit fast anyway. I don't want to back up a lot of useless clutter.
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    I reckon there's a couple of other sneaky events that turn logging back on too.. one of them I suspect being whenever you download an App.

Check it periodically anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I reckon there's a couple of other sneaky events that turn logging back on too.. one of them I suspect being whenever you download an App.

Check it periodically anyway!

just for the app you download. you can see the logging levels if you navigate through the options
    Quote Originally Posted by peteostro View Post

very nice, big difference now, thanks!
    Logging help HP find issues that they can fix or optimize. They turned it back on for a reason. Turning it off might make that task harder.
    Makes more sense to me to leave it off until I find a repeatable problem, **THEN** turn It on to record it. No sense burning CPU cycles to capture info that nobody will see...
    Could this be handled with a patch? Wasn't this handled with a patch in 2.x?
    seems to help a bit, thank you. Stock TP though these slow page changes on this site are getting old waiting for a thread topic to load.

might have to look into those post purchase tweaks soon
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thank you for reminding
    touchpad is so great after the update.... Doing this makes it crazy awesome.... Ok maybe just more awesome. :-)
    #staycoolmybabies
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    still haven't updated here yet, waiting for the patches to be out of alpha, also worried about the touchstone charger not working touchpad after update.

but will 100% turn logging off after update, I also didn't know the logger gets turned back on after downloads
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinwind View Post
    im waiting for the stable cyanogen android to come out anyway. sorry to webos fans if you think that is offensive
    I'm gonna report you to the authorities.

j/k
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    I'm gonna report you to the authorities.

j/k
    I heard from a reliable internal source that the update actually had a turn OFF logging fix in it. I had already done it before 3.0.4 and pretty sure it was not turned back on from the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by MUNOGABBAGABBA View Post
    I heard from a reliable internal source that the update actually had a turn OFF logging fix in it. I had already done it before 3.0.4 and pretty sure it was not turned back on from the update.
    It's turned back on after the update as one can see by looking at the individual logging levels. It's also on when one installs a new app, although it won't turn on the logging levels for the ones that were off...one just needs to turn that one app's logging off or set global logging to off for the same affect.

I will say that it was noticeably faster without turning logging off after the update. I'm tempted to turn logging back on given that HP is still developing webOS. When I turned it off I was under the impression that development was over and logs were being sent for no benefit. But clearly HP either had what they needed and/or gained what they needed from the logging because this update is superior by orders of magnitude. In fact, one wonders whether the firesale actually produced a much needed testbed that could be leveraged in their commercial roll-outs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast