Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not every new app, should have its logging turned on. It's a setting that the developer decides when she/he creates the application package. But it might happen that devs have it on, while developing and forget to turn it off, when submitting it to the app cat. So it would still be wise, to check the logging levels once in a while or after every app install.

And thanks for reminding - I'll go home and do this first (have been saying the same for the past couple of days, keep forgetting )
    Quote Originally Posted by sm007h View Post
    It's turned back on after the update as one can see by looking at the individual logging levels. It's also on when one installs a new app, although it won't turn on the logging levels for the ones that were off...one just needs to turn that one app's logging off or set global logging to off for the same affect.

I will say that it was noticeably faster without turning logging off after the update. I'm tempted to turn logging back on given that HP is still developing webOS. When I turned it off I was under the impression that development was over and logs were being sent for no benefit. But clearly HP either had what they needed and/or gained what they needed from the logging because this update is superior by orders of magnitude. In fact, one wonders whether the firesale actually produced a much needed testbed that could be leveraged in their commercial roll-outs.
    Am disinclined to turn off still because I had a big problem with a corrupt profile that did not let me log in, one doesn't find out about these matters until its too late to get in and turn logging back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Am disinclined to turn off still because I had a big problem with a corrupt profile that did not let me log in, one doesn't find out about these matters until its too late to get in and turn logging back on.
    I definitely don't see what one has to do with the other. You don't think the logging patch created your profile problem?

Or am I misunderstanding and YOU have some way of reading and interpreting these logs to correct issues as they occur?
    If so, you can easily have a full-time job here helping the rest of us out!
    I read it as a response to the suggestion to leave logging off until one encounters an issue. If you do that and you come across a problem, there's no guarantee you'll be able to turn logging on and replicate the issue for HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by nunjabusiness View Post
    I definitely don't see what one has to do with the other. You don't think the logging patch created your profile problem?

Or am I misunderstanding and YOU have some way of reading and interpreting these logs to correct issues as they occur?
    If so, you can easily have a full-time job here helping the rest of us out!
    I wish. I wouldn't have been sitting here with a broken touchpad for a week. HP Tech Support told me yesterday they can recover the logs even if one can't log into a profile.
    thanks for the reminder
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12