Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By windsor20
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Guys,

Have any of you tried playing a youtube video, or any streaming video since the update. None of mine are working and I never had a problem before.

On a side note, I had to turn on my computer to type this, because the auto correct on the touchpad is absolutely horrendous all of a sudden. Horrible update.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    youtube works fine on mine. Maybe your update got corrupted or something
    Works for me, and I agree the auto-correct isn't the greatest any more, but I think I'm going to give it a little time before shutting it off. It seems most of the time it's ok, then it will go through a period of severe bass-backwards moments, then it's fine again.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I noticed my Youtube videos seem to stop in between as if my internet connection was having some issues with buffering i didnt have the stopping in the middle of videos before i updated to 3.0.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fej180 View Post
    Guys,

Have any of you tried playing a youtube video, or any streaming video since the update. None of mine are working and I never had a problem before.

On a side note, I had to turn on my computer to type this, because the auto correct on the touchpad is absolutely horrendous all of a sudden. Horrible update.
    works for me, but noted some changes both good and bad to the autocorrect feature.
    Maybe you need to doctor, everything is fine here on all websites but the autocorrect needs a little tweaking.
    YouTube videos were not working for me after updating to 3.0.4 until I cleared the browser cache.
    Quote Originally Posted by windsor20 View Post
    YouTube videos were not working for me after updating to 3.0.4 until I cleared the browser cache.
    How do you clear the browser cache?
    Have you tried clearing the cache? Mine is working flawlessly. Was watching the stream for Google/Samsung event, video was little pixelated, but I think that's due to the stream itself :/

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Geffen View Post
    I noticed my Youtube videos seem to stop in between as if my internet connection was having some issues with buffering i didnt have the stopping in the middle of videos before i updated to 3.0.4
    I'm still on 3.0.2 and I experience this problem occasionally.. If I leave fullscreen and then press pause and then play, the vid starts playing again and I can go back to fullscreen.
    Try clearing the cache in the web browser preferences to fix the flash video problem.

I had to turn off Auto-Correction (Settings tab > Text Assist) right away with this update. It's totally unusable. I'm not a bad speller, anyway.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I'm going through ups and downs with YouTube videos.
    After 3.0.4 update my high motion HD vids were playing *horribly* even stuttering at
    480p. A slide show at 720p.
    I shutdown/restarted, cleared browser cache and cookies and things got a lot better in
    terms of smoothness of playback, although it still buffers the videos very slowly as
    though it's out of bandwidth. But testmy.net shows 10Mbit/s downstream from
    the internet to my Touchpad, and other computers on the local network can buffer
    the same YouTube vids that fast (several times faster than playback speed),
    so the bottleneck seems to be within the Touchpad.
    It acts like playback and buffering are competing for cpu cycles.
    I've had a couple 720p vids play ok since then, but many still play really badly
    (compared to 3.0.2).

On a side note, there are beta versions of UberKernel (@1.5Ghz) and F4 Phantom
    (up to 1.9Ghz) in the beta kernel feeds, and I just tried both to see if it would
    help the Flash video playback (was running Uberkernel before). Both
    have made the UI and app loading lightning quick, but all flash video playback is
    dreadful, even worse than stock 3.0.4 Kernel. It's as though hardware acceleration
    has been completely disabled. I hope someone in the Beta group
    notices this before they try to release UberKernel.
    [edit]Update.. OC Kernels are known to be broken. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post3213413

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 10/19/2011 at 02:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    thanks, I will try it out tomorrow and let you know what happens. Overall, I don't like this update. My glass effect is gone, no kernels, and insane auto correct. I literally tried typing the word "stream" about 20 times before giving up on the TP. I turned off auto correction now, and its much better, but I would prefer going back to how it was yesterday.
    Same as Daemon, 320p are fluid, 480p less fluid, and 720p = 15frame/sec or so. I cleared my cache yesterday after the update and reinstalled F15C-Eagle kernel but it's far less fluid. I guess also all my patches have been overriden by the update, so I have to wait for the updates.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    All the 3.0.4 versioned OC kernels are broken.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post3213412
    For flash video playback you're better off working with the stock 3.0.4 kernel for now.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by windsor20 View Post
    same thing here
    I guess i'll have to ask again, how do you clear the cache ??
    I am missing my YouTube app. It was in my apps before the uPdate 3.0.4

Anyone missing there YouTube app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geffen View Post
    I guess i'll have to ask again, how do you clear the cache ??
    open your browswer-> tap top left corner (web)-> preferences->clear cache
    Tried clearing cache twice and still wont play youtubes... any other suggestions?

Update: tried clearing cookies and rebooting and that did the trick.
    Last edited by rbrusuelas; 10/30/2011 at 11:31 PM.