Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    When i go into Preware is has (Available Patches) greyed out. It has no patches available. This is after the 3.0.4 update. Any ideas? I'm guessing that they are turned off until some of them can be updated to work with 3.0.4.

    Thanks,
    Hookie
    Thanks,
    Hookie
  2. #2  
    give them a few days to update and test them, and they will be back
  3. #3  
    As with every OTA update patches must be updated and resubmitted by the patch authors. I'm hoping to to resubmit my patches later this week (school midterm exams are taking up most of my time)
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4. #4  
    unfortunately I went ahead and uninstalled all my patches before realizing they'd likely be updated in a few days to a week.

    now I'll have to go back in and keep checking and reloading them individually as they get updated, because as of now, they don't even show up in Preware.
  5. #5  
    i made the same mistake with the ripple effect patch.
    the ripple effect was restored with the new version of webos.
    so i uninstalled the ripple effect patch and then attempted to reinstall it (not thinking that it might actually need to be updated for the new version) and now the entire patches section of preware is missing.

    oh well.
  6. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #6  
    Just so it's absolutely clear (not that people won't continue to do it anyway), but you
    do not need to uninstall *any* of your patches. New versions of them will show up
    as updates in Preware as they become available in the next few days to a week or so.

    Patches, by definition are modifications to the existing code, which means that
    after any new official WebOS release, the Homebrew developers have to root
    around in the source code of the various apps, re-create their patches, test,
    and re-release with a new version 3.0.4.x version number.
    In the meantime, Preware will show that your 3.0.2 patches are still installed,
    but they really aren't. They're just placeholders to remind you and Preware
    which ones you had installed before. When new 3.0.4.x versions of the patches
    become available, they'll show up as updates in Preware, you then allow it to install
    them and you're done.

    If you remove the old patches manually you'll have to remember all
    that you had and start over from scratch.

    ian
    shanpalm61 likes this.
  7. #7  
    if you are like me and don't want to wait, create a new feed in preware and call it webos-patches-old or something. Now use the existing feed url but change 3.0.4 to 3.0.2? Enable both feeds and now you can get to those patches again.

    it makes sense from the previous post that the apps aren't really there after the update? Took me a bit to realize I needed to reinstall my warthog kernel. I have all my old patches and 1.7 OC back on 3.0.4 now.

    my only question is *** with the camera app? It doesn't work for me? Just a white screen and camera icon and it flashes and then white again! I'd be more miffed if I actually used the camera! The free apps from appetite worked fine but now HP broke em on the update. BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    hope this helps some of you wanting your old patches back!
  8. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #8  
    All the beta 3.0.4 versioned OC kernels are broken. They're really built on 3.0.2 source code.
    They break the camera, and flash video playback, among other things.
    See http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post3213413

    Note also that installing 3.0.2 patches on 3.0.4 could be a great way to completely
    screw up your apps. If the source code of the app has changed, then
    the patch (if it installs at all) could do something completely unpredictable.

    ian
  9. #9  
    hmmmm, I was going to doctor my TP and go back to the 3.02 firmware because I do not like this update sans patches. I will decide later which route to take. I cannot stand that jerky screen. It hurts my eyes.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Just so it's absolutely clear (not that people won't continue to do it anyway), but you
    do not need to uninstall *any* of your patches. New versions of them will show up
    as updates in Preware as they become available in the next few days to a week or so.

    Patches, by definition are modifications to the existing code, which means that
    after any new official WebOS release, the Homebrew developers have to root
    around in the source code of the various apps, re-create their patches, test,
    and re-release with a new version 3.0.4.x version number.
    In the meantime, Preware will show that your 3.0.2 patches are still installed,
    but they really aren't. They're just placeholders to remind you and Preware
    which ones you had installed before. When new 3.0.4.x versions of the patches
    become available, they'll show up as updates in Preware, you then allow it to install
    them and you're done.

    If you remove the old patches manually you'll have to remember all
    that you had and start over from scratch.

    ian
    I think this answers my question, but I'll ask it anyway since I'm worried about it (forgive me). I installed 3.0.4 without first removing my patches. Have I caused any harm? In the brief use of the TP after the update it seemed to behave fine, but I was worried that the patches being left in might have compromised the update. It sounds like I'm ok and just need to be patient and when the patches I have get updated for 3.0.4 Preware will show them as having updates that I can then install.
  11. #11  
    No harm done. Once a patch is updated Preware will alert you there is an update. Install it. Remember to update feeds in Preware.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  12. #12  
    Thanks for letting me know about the camera issue being a problem with the new patches. I read specifically it has to do with OC'ed kernels more than patches.

    I guess we'll be waiting for a bit for 3.0.4. versions of our favorite patches. For what its worth the only bugs I've encountered so far applying 3.0.2 patches to 3.0.4 is the camera and the fact that every time I reboot my touchpad I have to go back into Govnah and turn it back to 1.7 from 1.2
  13. #13  
    How do I uninstall a patch I have installed?
  14. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ramit View Post
    How do I uninstall a patch I have installed?
    Search for it in Preware, and when you open it, it'll show an option to uninstall.
    As said above though, you do not need to uninstall your old patches. They're
    just placeholders after the 3.0.4 update. They will be updated eventually.

    ian
  15. Daemon's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by supafastsc View Post
    Thanks for letting me know about the camera issue being a problem with the new patches. I read specifically it has to do with OC'ed kernels more than patches.
    It *is* the OC kernels, not patches that break the camera.
    But if you try to force the install of 3.0.2 patches in 3.0.4 you could break other apps.

    ian
  16. #16  
    new guy here. made the mistake of updating my touchpad as soon as i got it today. went to install all the patches to get it running like a champ....

    and nothing available due to being updated. any way to rollback to 3.0.2? please tell me there is a way
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As with every OTA update patches must be updated and resubmitted by the patch authors. I'm hoping to to resubmit my patches later this week (school midterm exams are taking up most of my time)
    Hey I use some of your awesome patches. Thank you for putting in the time and effort to help us enjoy our webOS devices even more! Much is appreciated and good luck with your academic endeavors!
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Black TouchPad 32Gb running smooth @1.8Ghz/F15c kernel - White Veer-DigitalUnlock(ed)
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by waltah12 View Post
    new guy here. made the mistake of updating my touchpad as soon as i got it today. went to install all the patches to get it running like a champ....

    and nothing available due to being updated. any way to rollback to 3.0.2? please tell me there is a way
    answering myself here to help others

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ck-3-02-a.html


    thanks folks
  19. DRFP's Avatar
    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #19  
    Help get the patches back
    increase sensitivity
    remove F'n ripple I really really hate the ripple! Stupidest most annoying idea I have ever seen!!!!
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    No harm done. Once a patch is updated Preware will alert you there is an update. Install it. Remember to update feeds in Preware.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    How do you update feeds in Preware? I thought you have to use WOSQI to do so.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions