Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kenmitch
  1.    #1  
    mine only has 27.3 th of available memory....is that normal for 3.0.4 for a 32 model. I uninstalled cm7 and ubuntu..after a fresh doctor?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunksaliby View Post
    mine only has 27.3 th of available memory....is that normal for 3.0.4 for a 32 model. I uninstalled cm7 and ubuntu..after a fresh doctor?
    I was just wondering the same thing. I un-installed cm7 and deleted all my stuff and I only have 23.6! Something's not right here.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    yes. WebOs reserves like 7gb I think, or around that much.
    I have 27.2 available after installing 3.0.4
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    yes. WebOs reserves like 7gb I think, or around that much.
    This number is completely incorrect. webOS reserves about 2.5 GB. If your device says you're short 7 gigs out of 32/16 you're doing something wrong.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    my comment was based on this post http://forums.precentral.net/3212575-post9.html
    funny. You even posted in that topic as well.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulm64 View Post
    I was just wondering the same thing. I un-installed cm7 and deleted all my stuff and I only have 23.6! Something's not right here.
    You should have about 27gb's or so left after the 3.0.4 install.

Maybe take a look at the following guide to get it back. You have to follow it to the end including the web doctor or you won't get the space back. Before I followed the guide I had 25gb's left on a fresh install. Only downside is you have to do the fresh web doctor at the end of the guide to get it back.

Everything About Tablets | How to: Remove CynogenMod Android from your HP TouchPad
    slamdunksaliby likes this.
  8.    #8  
    thanks for the answers guys! yeah i followed one guide to uninstall cm7 but it said i should have 29 gb free...so i was confused...but i guess 27.2-27.5 is around the right number :P
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    i had 27.4 after uninstalling cm7 and reinstalling 3.0.4.

i reinstalled 3.0.2 and was back at 29.4.

so apparently 3.0.4 uses 2 more gigs.