Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    According to the release notes the MAP BT profile is needed on the phone for SMS with the touchpad. After a quick search on google it seems that these phones support that BT Profile:

Blackberry Style (9670)
    Blackberry Curve (9300)
    Motorola Atrix
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Motorola Photon
    HTC EVO 3D
    HTC Sensation 4G
    pre3

Any TP owner with any of these phones willing to test and share results ??
    Last edited by andresmmm; 11/04/2011 at 11:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by andresmmm View Post
    According to the release notes the MAP BT profile is needed on the phone for SMS with the touchpad. After a quick search on google it seems that this phones support that BT Profile:

Blackberry Style (9670)
    Blackberry Curve (9300)
    Motorola Atrix
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Motorola Photon
    HTC EVO 3D
    HTC Sensation 4G

Add the Blackberry Torch 9800 to the list. It can send & receive SMS and phone calls. Works great with my company-issued Torch.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue View Post
    Add the Blackberry Torch 9800 to the list. It can send & receive SMS and phone calls. Works great with my company-issued Torch.
    may i know how do u pair torch with TP? touchpad wont allow me to send / receive text on my 9700
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Well I have my photon and paired it with Map turned on. Doesn't seem to work unless I missed a step.... is there something I need to enable on the to?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    I can confirm that the Nexus S doesn't work with SMS tethering.
    Unfortunately, my LG Cosmos (VN250) does not support MAP.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Not sure how to use the SMS with my Samsung Epic, I tried to do a phone call and it failed to pair at that point ,however it shows the devices are paired. :-/
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dabug911 View Post
    Not sure how to use the SMS with my Samsung Epic, I tried to do a phone call and it failed to pair at that point ,however it shows the devices are paired. :-/
    Pretty sure the sms isn't supported by the epic...
    I too seem to be paired but will fail just after it places the call , leaving the phone dialed and connecting with Bluetooth enabled but nothing on the Touchpad end. Also doesn't recognize a incoming call at all
    Quote Originally Posted by tmspyder View Post
    Pretty sure the sms isn't supported by the epic...
    I too seem to be paired but will fail just after it places the call , leaving the phone dialed and connecting with Bluetooth enabled but nothing on the Touchpad end. Also doesn't recognize a incoming call at all
    Actually....got my GSII (sprint) to connect...make and receive calls and audio comes through the TP with no problems.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    It works with a Sensation hut its very buggy. It will connect a call and send an sms but It will fail to pair often. Turning Bluetooth on and off fixes it temporarily but it comes back. For those of you having trouble on supported handsets check all of the Bluetooth settings on your phones. This will be a cool feature if all of the bugs get ironed out.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Performed using an EVO 3D but hopefully, these instructions can be helpful for any Android user with a device that supports Bluetooth MAP (messaging access protocol)

On Touch Pad: at least one of regular messaging services should be configured or else inbound text notifications appear but the messaging screen won't open to it.
    Once you have some messaging service in place (Skype, Google Chat, whatever) you're ready to pair the devices:

1: Go to Bluetooth - Turn it on.
    2: Select Bluetooth Preferences
    - now complete the first 10 steps listed below for the phone before continuing
    3: Select Add Device
    4: Choose Type Phone
    5: When your phone appears on the list select it
    6: When the pairing verification code appears hit Pair on both Phone and TouchPad, hit yes on both.
    7: On the phone, perform step 12 below (check the box for Always and Hit Accept)

On the Phone (Evo 3D for me)
    1: From the home screen, hit Menu, then Settings
    2: Select Wireless & networks
    3: Ensure Bluetooth is on (box checked)
    4: Select Bluetooth Settings
    5: Select Advanced Settings
    6: Ensure Message Access service is on (box checked)
    7: Select Message access settings
    8: Check the box for SMS
    9: Hit the back button twice to return to the Bluetooth Settings screen
    10: Check the box for Discoverable
    - Continue with the Touchpad Steps above from Step 3 then follow on screen prompts
    11: When the on screen code appears for pairing verification hit Pair on both the phone and Touchpad
    12: A Bluetooth Authorization window will then appear showing your phone requesting permissions, check the box for Always and Hit Accept.

Inbound texts appear on the phone as well as in the Touchpad notification area and in the messaging app. All texts sent from the Touchpad also appear on the phone.

Hope this helps a few folks.
    can make and receive calls on my touchpad. also can recieve sms on my touchpad but get an error when trying to send sms messages. any clues as to what i can tweak?

-Steven
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveborough View Post
    can make and receive calls on my touchpad. also can recieve sms on my touchpad but get an error when trying to send sms messages. any clues as to what i can tweak?

-Steven
    I have the exact opposite. I can send text messages, but I don't recieve text messages on the touchpad. I am using a droid bionic by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Readonly View Post
    I have the exact opposite. I can send text messages, but I don't recieve text messages on the touchpad. I am using a droid bionic by the way.
    +1 this for me. On a Droid X2
    I was able to make & receive calls and send texts with my Moto Bravo for a while yesterday after the update. But last night it went back to saying it can't make calls please use your phone, I dunno what happened, but it was really nice while it worked.
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Connects no problem. Receives calls on TP no problem, but the echo on other ends makes it very annoying for them. Dialing from TP then call is auto-transferred to Epic no problem. But until the echo is fixed, I won't be using it.

No joy with SMS either direction.
    @OP, you forgot the Pre3 on that list
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by andresmmm View Post
    According to the release notes the MAP BT profile is needed on the phone for SMS with the touchpad. After a quick search on google it seems that this phones support that BT Profile:

Blackberry Style (9670)
    Blackberry Curve (9300)
    Motorola Atrix
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Motorola Photon
    HTC EVO 3D
    HTC Sensation 4G

My BlackBerry Curve 9330 with MAP cannot send texts, does anyone have full MAP shoots with this phone and 3.04?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cue79 View Post
    Well I have my photon and paired it with Map turned on. Doesn't seem to work unless I missed a step.... is there something I need to enable on the to?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    I have my Photon paired with the touchpad for audio but I don't see how to turn on MAP for messaging?
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthghost View Post
    may i know how do u pair torch with TP? touchpad wont allow me to send / receive text on my 9700
    All I did was pair the Torch with the TP and it worked perfectly. The only suggestion I can offer (if your 9700 supports MAP) is to go to Bluetooth services on your phone and make sure ALL services are checked. Good Luck!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast