Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    I'm hoping if there is ever an update to the Veer it will include BT MAP profile support so I can link it up with my Toyota Entune system. BT Audio and Phone work fine with the Entune system, but messaging and limited internet services do not (which kinda bums me out).
    I bought a Sprint Blackberry Style (9670) with the express purpose of being able to send and receive texts and calls through the Touchpad. I can confirm that all of the features do work on it
    My BB Bold 9650 can make and receive phone calls, but can only receive texts. When I try to send a text I get a network error message #41. Hope some one can figure this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbeach View Post
    My BB Bold 9650 can make and receive phone calls, but can only receive texts. When I try to send a text I get a network error message #41. Hope some one can figure this out.
    What carrier? Sounds like it might be a carrier issue.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    @OP, you forgot the Pre3 on that list
    lol
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    What carrier? Sounds like it might be a carrier issue.
    I've got Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbeach View Post
    having the same issue with my blackberry curve 9330
    how are you guys connecting your phone? When I try to sms it says I need to setup a sms profile
    I am unable to text either way with my bold. I am on 1tt and have both bbos 5 on one and 6 on the other. Neither can text.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I tried my Bell Atrix with my touchpad and it is a no go for sms. Calls work fine for both incoming and outgoing.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    works with the htc rezound... Sms works and incoming calls ...
    not even sure how to do it, but anyone know if the vzw galaxy nexus has bt MAP?
    Well I have my photon and paired it with Map turned on. Doesn't seem to work unless I missed a step.... is there something I need to enable on the to?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    The call forwarding is pretty straightforward on the photon. To get texts to work you have to enable an additional setting. I don't have my photon with me right now, but I believe it was settings->privacy(locations & privacy maybe?) then their is an additional Bluetooth setting to turn on.

I'll update with better details when I have my photon on me, but I just wanted to let photon owners know it does work.

Ok, here is how I got it to work:

On TouchPad:
    1. go to bluetooth prefrences

2. press "add device"

3. select "phone" in the options menu

4. SET DOWN YOUR TOUCHPAD and pick up your photon

5. Press menuButton -> Settings -> Location & Security and make sure "Allow Bluetooth bypass" is on.

6. go to menuButton -> Settings -> Wireless & networks -> bluetooth settings and make sure "bluetooth" is checked and make your device discoverable.

7. in the "bluetooth devices" section, find your touchpad and click on it to pair

8. you should see a notification saying a device wants to pair, click allow

9. it should ask you to verify that the pins are the same, click ok

10. immediately pick up your photon and click "pair" on that.

11. You should get a notification on your photon saying something along the lines of "Bluetooth MAP request", click the notification, make sure "always allow" is checked, and click allow

The device you initiate the bluetooth pairing from matters! You need to make sure the pairing is initiated from your phone, not the touchpad.

This will get it to work....sort of. you can send messages from your touchpad and it will forward it to your phone, but for some reason your touchpad won't detect a successful forward and will say it failed, even though it doesn't (see attachment).

Also I don't trust the incoming texts being forwarded. Most of the time a text coming into my phone will be forwarded to the touchpad, but not always.

After rebooting my touchpad everything works flawlessly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bigbeck89; 01/12/2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: adding details
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12