Well I have my photon and paired it with Map turned on. Doesn't seem to work unless I missed a step.... is there something I need to enable on the to?
Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
The call forwarding is pretty straightforward on the photon. To get texts to work you have to enable an additional setting. I don't have my photon with me right now, but I believe it was settings->privacy(locations & privacy maybe?) then their is an additional Bluetooth setting to turn on.
I'll update with better details when I have my photon on me, but I just wanted to let photon owners know it does work.
Ok, here is how I got it to work:
1. go to bluetooth prefrences
2. press "add device"
3. select "phone" in the options menu
4. SET DOWN YOUR TOUCHPAD and pick up your photon
5. Press menuButton -> Settings -> Location & Security and make sure "Allow Bluetooth bypass" is on.
6. go to menuButton -> Settings -> Wireless & networks -> bluetooth settings and make sure "bluetooth" is checked and make your device discoverable.
7. in the "bluetooth devices" section, find your touchpad and click on it to pair
8. you should see a notification saying a device wants to pair, click allow
9. it should ask you to verify that the pins are the same, click ok
10. immediately pick up your photon and click "pair" on that.
11. You should get a notification on your photon saying something along the lines of "Bluetooth MAP request", click the notification, make sure "always allow" is checked, and click allow
The device you initiate the bluetooth pairing from matters! You need to make sure the pairing is initiated from your phone, not the touchpad.
This will get it to work....sort of. you can send messages from your touchpad and it will forward it to your phone, but for some reason your touchpad won't detect a successful forward and will say it failed, even though it doesn't (see attachment).
Also I don't trust the incoming texts being forwarded. Most of the time a text coming into my phone will be forwarded to the touchpad, but not always.
After rebooting my touchpad everything works flawlessly.