Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    My touchpad was acting up a few days ago so I went ahead and restored it with webOS doctor. I decided to give CM7 a shot as well. CM7 was way to buggy so I decided to run it through webOS doctor again and wipe it clean. At some point during the restore it disconnected and completely shut down. Now the driver wont load when I connect it to my PC and the thing is not responsive. webOS doctor wont recocnize it. It has a Black screeen, button is not lighting up, nothing. I have tried all of the button combinations and every other idea I could find to get it to at least be recognized by my computer. Basically it's toast. It looks like you can brick a touchpad after all. Has anyone else had this happen?
    plug into the power barrel in the wall and let it charge for about an hour, just in case it has run out of juice, I think it has to have a certain percentage for the doctor to run.
    use the app in Canuck Coding called "universal novacom installer" to install on your PC after rebooting it.

plug your tp into the wall charger for several hours. Once it has had time to charge it should turn on. Unplug and power off, then hold the power button down along with the up-volume button until you see a big USB symbol. Don't Connect to your pc until the doctor asks for it.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Is the battery dead?

We have heard that if the battery dies on CM7 it can look dark.
  5.    #5  
    I let it charge for about an hour and a half. Im going to put it on the charger for a few more hours and see if it helps. I did install the novacom files above. When I plug it in to my computer it says drivers failed to install. Under device manager it is under unknown devices and is is just named palm.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    use the app in Canuck Coding called "universal novacom installer" to install on your PC after rebooting it.

plug your tp into the wall charger for several hours. Once it has had time to charge it should turn on. Unplug and power off, then hold the power button down along with the up-volume button until you see a big USB symbol. Don't Connect to your pc until the doctor asks for it.
    I charged it all night with no luck. I even tried a few other cables and a different wall adapter. Nothing. Either I bricked it or the hardware decided to crap out when I was updating.
    That happened to my brother about a month ago. All his needed was a charge.
    Other chargers won't work for tp because of the 5.3v requirement. Check and test your tp charger on other devices.
    this is what you need:

Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Make sure you are using the official USB cable as well. What type of computer, try different USB ports on computer, if possible try another computer.

Also since you have already had issues, if you get to a point to run the doctor again, run from command line.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11.    #11  
    Sorry I didn't clarify about the cables and chargers. I was switching out between 2 original cables and 2 original chargers. I kept it plugged in overnight with the original cable and charger. Before that I was trying different combinations of the 2 sets I have to see if there was a problem with one of them. I have tried all of the USB ports on 2 different Windows 7 machines, the drivers wont load on either. Haha I have tried everything short of banging it on the table, which seems like the next logical step.
    Did you try a hard reset?

Did you try recovery mode when plugging into your computer?
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

sswright127 likes this.
    Did you try holding the power and volume up buttons for 20 seconds? If that doesnt work, try holding the power and center button for 20 seconds also.

If those 2 dont work, you're probably out of luck. But lets be honest, thats the risk you take installing things like CM7 on your touchpad.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    i m glad to find this thread. will not touch the CM7 for a while now. I am happy with the webos. seems to response faster after the system update.
    Quote Originally Posted by na_tra View Post
    i m glad to find this thread. will not touch the CM7 for a while now. I am happy with the webos. seems to response faster after the system update.

This original poster didn't follow the proper way to remove Android from your Touchpad. Attempting to doctor is blatantly wrong. If they followed the proper procedure, they wouldn't have posted it.
    Did you press home, volume and power buttons all at the same time? This will turn off the tablet but the battery still drains. At this point, tp would not charge even if you plug a good charger in. To turn it back on, hold the home and power buttons at the same time for 1 minute, release, then hold them for another minute. See if this helps.
  17.    #17  
    I have tried both buttons several times and it will not respond. I do realize that webOS doctor may not have been the best way to remove CM7, but according to everything that I read it should have restored my touchpad. Actually, it says on the Alpha 1 Rootzwiki page to use the Doctor to restore. I knew the risk when I installed it. But the idea that the touchpad is unbrickable is false, unless I just happened to have hardware failure during this process. Thanks for the help everyone but I am going to contact HP about sending it in for repair. Oh well.
    Last edited by sswright127; 10/19/2011 at 04:19 PM.
    Maybe you corrupted the USB drive? Try a mem boot.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by sswright127 View Post
    But the idea that the touchpad is unbrickable is false,
    Sure, anything is "brickable" when trying to install an operating system;
    And anything is "brickable" when the uninstall procedures for said operating system are not followed.

Sorry for your loss. Hope is works out.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by sswright127 View Post
    I have tried both buttons several times and it will not respond. I do realize that webOS doctor may not have been the best way to remove CM7, but according to everything that I read it should have restored my touchpad. Actually, it says on the Alpha 1 Rootzwiki page to use the Doctor to restore. I knew the risk when I installed it. But the idea that the touchpad is unbrickable is false, unless I just happened to have hardware failure during this process. Thanks for the help everyone but I am going to contact HP about sending it in for repair. Oh well.
    Noone ever said it is unbrickable. And I hope they refuse your repair cus this is not their fault. It's your fault and its not something that should be repaired by hp.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast