Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Maybe you corrupted the USB drive? Try a mem boot.
    A corrupted USB sounds about right. webOS doctor was failing and disconnecting several times. It seems most of my problems have been connection issues, it wont charge and is not recognized by the computer.
    Do you know anyone who has the novacom driver installed and working with their Touchpad? If the driver doesn't install then I'm not sure this is a problem with the touchpad at all.
    Preform a memboot on your touchpad and see what it does.

Memboot - WebOS Internals
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    Noone ever said it is unbrickable. And I hope they refuse your repair cus this is not their fault. It's your fault and its not something that should be repaired by hp.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    On web OS internals it says "Short of hardware damage, it should not be possible to "brick" a device."

Why do you care what HP does? I never doubted it was brickable. I know it was my fault, unless it is harware failure. I'm not complaining and dont think I am owed anything, but it would be stupid not to send it in.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Preform a memboot on your touchpad and see what it does.

Memboot - WebOS Internals
    Thanks, I'm going to give it a shot when I get home.
    maybe your USB port is busted. I had to charge mine at an angle before I got it fixed
    power + volume up + home button + 30s = device wipe
    If the link I sent you didnt work it COULD be the bootloader thats corrupted. Thats a little more complicated to fix though, I believe. Ill find the info and post a link.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by sswright127 View Post
    But the idea that the touchpad is unbrickable is false
    The only webOS devices that are unbrickable are the Pre, Pre+ and Pre 2.

All other devices can be bricked, if you go well outside the safety margins that WebOS Internals provides for homebrew apps, patches and kernels.

Having said that, I'm not aware of a failure mechanism which would brick your device by running the webOS Doctor on a device with CM7 installed. In fact, the CM7 kernel has been specifically designed to disallow writing to sensitive partitions which could cause a real bricking.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/19/2011 at 11:03 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The only webOS devices that are unbrickable are the Pre, Pre+ and Pre 2.

All other devices can be bricked, if you go well outside the safety margins that WebOS Internals provides for homebrew apps, patches and kernels.
    Haha, looks like I found that out the hard way. Actually, it feels more like hardware failure at this point. The mem boot didn't do anything for me. Does anyone know if HP actually discloses what the issue was when you send one in for repair? I am more curious about what is actually wrong with the thing at this point.
    Maybe a dumb question, but have you tried rebooting the computer that you're trying to connect it to? Or, have you tried a different computer?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    Maybe a dumb question, but have you tried rebooting the computer that you're trying to connect it to? Or, have you tried a different computer?
    Yep, multiple computers and reboots. I'm going to have to give up and send it in before my wife murders me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sswright127 View Post
    Yep, multiple computers and reboots. I'm going to have to give up and send it in before my wife murders me.
    OK, a couple of Qs.
    (1) Do the while LED lights next to the USB port flash when you plug the USB power cable in?
    There are two white LED lights there. When something is wrong, the two lights may flash alternatively.

(2) Have you tried a generic USB cable? The USB cable that comes with the tp is of really low quality. My first one was broken after a mild drag but you cannot tell from the look of it.

Try this before you send it out.

(a) Plug in the USB charger. Do that even if the tp does not do anything.
    (b) With the USB charger plugged in, press and hold both home and power buttons for AT LEAST 1 Minute. One minute! It takes very long time for tp to respond.
    (c) Now release both buttons. Press and hold the two buttons one more time for at least 1 minute. You have to hold them really really long.
    (d) If there is nothing, press home + power + volume up buttons at the same time for 20 seconds. Released them.
    (e) Repeat (b) and (c).

If after (e) tp still does nothing, then you should send it back. But make sure you check the USB cable. This happened to my tp. My tp wouldn't reboot and eventually it was completely out of power. That's how I brought it back and doctored it after it charged to 30%.

The trick is plug the power in and reset tp.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12