Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By hiddenpremise
  • 1 Post By mibaksh
  1.    #1  
    As some of you may have discovered. The new 3.0.4 77 update changes the command to add a proxy for the touchpad. Apps such as ProxySwitch will no longer work.

A new field called "proxyConfigType" which has the possible values (noProxy/autoDetectFromNetwork/manualProxy/autoConfigUrl) has been added to the "proxyInfo" object in the "configureNwProxies" command. For most of us, the correct value is going to be "manualProxy".

A working command will now look like
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.connectionmanager/configureNwProxies '{"action":"add","proxyInfo":{"proxyConfigType":"manualProxy","proxyScope":"default","proxyPort":YOU R.PROXY.PORT
    ,"proxyServer":"YOUR.PROXY.SERVER"}}'

I have developed a proxy manager app for the touchpad and am in the final stages of testing it. This app will automatically turn on your proxies or turn them off based on the ssid of the network that you are on. It is a node.jsjsjs $service$ $that$ $runs$ $all$ $the$ $time$ $with$ $an$ $enyo$ $front$-$end$. $More$ $info$ $on$ $that$ $will$ $be$ $posted$ $when$ $I$ $have$ $it$ $ready$ $for$ $distribution$.

-Whit
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenpremise View Post
    As some of you may have discovered. The new 3.0.4 77 update changes the command to add a proxy for the touchpad. Apps such as ProxySwitch will no longer work.

A new field called "proxyConfigType" which has the possible values (noProxy/autoDetectFromNetwork/manualProxy/autoConfigUrl) has been added to the "proxyInfo" object in the "configureNwProxies" command. For most of us, the correct value is going to be "manualProxy".

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.connectionmanager/configureNwProxies '{"action":"add","proxyInfo":{"proxyConfigType":"manualProxy","proxyScope":"default","proxyPort":YOU R.PROXY.PORT

I have developed a proxy manager app for the touchpad and am in the final stages of testing it. This app will automatically turn on your proxies or turn them off based on the ssid of the network that you are on. It is a node.jsjsjs $service$ $that$ $runs$ $all$ $the$ $time$ $with$ $an$ $enyo$ $front$-$end$. $More$ $info$ $on$ $that$ $will$ $be$ $posted$ $when$ $I$ $have$ $it$ $ready$ $for$ $distribution$.

-Whit
    thank you!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts

-Whit
    If you need beta testers count me in.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    thank you!!! If you want me to test feel free to pm me.

mods if you wish, this was the old topic... Merge?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3190630
    Fantastic, many thanks! Count me in for testing too, i use proxies on my touchpad regularly.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    What about authenticated proxies? Did they add support for them? the username:Password@proxyaddress trick never worked for me.

-Whit
    Looking forward to this as I use a proxy on my TP to connect to my corp's internet.

Could you by chance also ad a feature that it will bypass proxy for local addresses? My company has quite a few internal sites that I'd like to access without having to turn off/on the proxy every time I want to view an internal/external web site.

Thanks!
    willing to test on my corporate network as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCChiefsAndTheSunshineBand View Post
    What about authenticated proxies? Did they add support for them? the username:Password@proxyaddress trick never worked for me.
    weird this has always worked for me in proxyswitch.
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    shneor likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    weird this has always worked for me in proxyswitch.
    Do you put a domain name in as well? My corp proxy requires the domain with the login and password.
    Looking forward to this, or on update to ProxySwitch. Would be a huge win for the TP of you could put support for automatic proxy configuration (proxy.pac) in your update. None of the tablets seem to support this function.
    I can be a beta tester too !
    Need to show off against those iPad users.
    guys an updated proxyswitch is in preware... The author says he as well will be doing a similar implementation
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3190630

Quote Originally Posted by KCChiefsAndTheSunshineBand View Post
    Do you put a domain name in as well? My corp proxy requires the domain with the login and password.
    don't believe so, I use the ip with username and pw. See page 3 where we discussed it in that other thread. I'm sure as well the devs will clear anything additional up
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.

-Whit
    Thanks for the tip.
    However, I couldn't make it work on the emulator

root@qemux86:/# luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.connectionmanager/configureNwProxies '{"action":"add","proxyInfo":{"proxyConfigType":"manualPr
    oxy","proxyScope":"default","proxyPort":80,"proxyServer":"myproxy.mydomain.com"}}'
    {"returnValue":true,"proxyGuid":"9715db3a-b1c2-4db1-a66b-e8664c5c46c7"}

It looks to work but when I tried to connect to google using the emulator browser, it failed:
    tail -f /var/log/messages

2011-11-28T23:22:51.469100Z [4493] qemux86 user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.browser: Browser.browserError(): Unknown Handled Error: Couldn't connect to server: Google, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$72$

I will try on my Touchpad and see if I found the same problem, but from the emulator it doesn't seems to work...

Using:
    palm-sdk_3.0.4-svn519870-pho669_i386.deb
    palm-novacom_1.0.80_amd64.deb
    Virtualbox:4.1.6