webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > "Not Enough Space to Download" after 3.0.4
"Not Enough Space to Download" after 3.0.4
Like Tree11Likes

Old 10/18/2011, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

I've upgraded to 3.0.4 this evening and I can no longer download anything from the AppCatalog. I get a "Not Enough Storage to Download" error, yet I've over 4GB free.

I'm in the UK.

I can install stuff from Preware ok.

I've tried repeated restarts, connecting as USB drive etc.

Anyone else had this?

Does anyone know if there is a temp folder I can check and clear out?

Regards,

Andrew
AndrewP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 03:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have had this issues too... I posted in the update thread... Tweeted about it too but still no idea what happened...

I have less than 2 gig left, deleted my music.

I also lost my Time magazine downloaded issues and cannot re download them and new issues...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2011-10-18 at 4.53.08 PM.png (43.4 KB, 65 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by johnj2803; 10/18/2011 at 03:55 PM.
johnj2803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

You could try doctoring it i suppose
rbyrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 04:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Let's get a list of installed patches for you folks. I would say attempt removing any patches and kernels before doctoring.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 04:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Let's get a list of installed patches for you folks. I would say attempt removing any patches and kernels before doctoring.
I encountered the same issue.... Prior to the update, I know for a fact that my
Touchpad had over 7GB of free space.

Instead of uninstalling the patches and Preware, I decided to start fresh and
used webOS Doctor 3.04. Took 10 minutes and my Touchpad was running
3.04 smoothly. (plus the time it took to re-download all the apps purchased
from HP App Catalog)

IMHO, nothing beats a fresh install.
Touchpaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
I encountered the same issue.... Prior to the update, I know for a fact that my
Touchpad had over 7GB of free space.

Instead of uninstalling the patches and Preware, I decided to start fresh and
used webOS Doctor 3.04. Took 10 minutes and my Touchpad was running
3.04 smoothly. (plus the time it took to re-download all the apps purchased
from HP App Catalog)

IMHO, nothing beats a fresh install.
Takes me WAY longer than 10 minutes to restore everything on my devices. Too much stuff to sync and download, personally would rather not do it if I don't have to.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Liked by sorli likes this.
Thanked By: sketch42
Old 10/18/2011, 04:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Same error here. Never installed any kernels. Just updated, installed no patches after update (had the speed up ones [I removed before update] and a few [like private browsing, etc] which i didn't remove (but again did not reinstall). Have Add Launcher tabs and Increase Volume "Linux Applications" [aka startup scripts] installed. I have Jason's SysToolsMgr and FilMgr services installed along with associated apps. I started with 4 GB free - tried deleting a couple movies to get me to 7GB free. Restarted a few more times. Still getting the error.
AMR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 05:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

A theory I have is that it might not be the amount of space available but possibly the number of files. I have MapTool Pro installed with the entire set of pngs for All of Italy and All of Minnesota cached.
Which includes 947 Megs and totals 29,441 files and 597 directories.
Since it takes FORever to download them, i want to try not to delete them.
<still thinking>

Update: My entire USB partition stats:
93,514 Files in 5,635 Folders Approx: 21.4GB

Update 2: Preware says I have 165 Apps, 8 Linux Apps, 1 Linux Daemon, 9 Patches (none of which have been reinstalled yet), 2 Services, and 9 Unknowns.

Last edited by amrcc; 10/18/2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10/18/2011, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

I believe 32 gig has 27.5 available out of the box so if you are at 7 gigs now, sounds about right.
Old 10/18/2011, 05:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm having some mixed results...in the first instance I wondered if it was an 'account' problem, so I loaded calendar, contacts, email and accounts. After doing that I have been able to download some apps, but it's hit or miss whether it works. Apps in question were Pix, Compass HD, Softick Solitaire, London Evening Standard.

Patches-wise, I'm stock kernel. I had 'send to paper mache' as the only patch and I also have GNU Patch and Lsdiff.

Otherwise 3.0.4 is very snappy - much improved. And yes, I'd rather not resort to doctoring as I've several non-cloud apps that I'd have to backup and restore.

Andrew
Old 10/18/2011, 06:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

i installed the emergency patch recovery via preware before installing the update. basically it will remove all the patches and you can reinstall them again after the update with a few finger taps.

right now my tp works very smoothly and i dont want to reinstall the patches because the perfomrance is pretty good already. the update also improves the multitasking ability. however preware keeps loading and never actually open. that mAy be fixed by reinstalling it i guess. also vietnamese characters are not displayed correctly on facebook website and app.

btw i'm typing on my tp, having it connected my iphone and talking with my gf. nice!
dustinwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 09:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
I believe 32 gig has 27.5 available out of the box so if you are at 7 gigs now, sounds about right.
I thought the number was 29.5 I have 27.5 right now with a 2GB cyanogenMOD partition. I have seen the number 29.5 thrown around before as well.
wbussing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 03:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

Just for info, my TP is only the 16GB version.
Old 10/19/2011, 04:49 AM   #14 (permalink)

After installing the webOS 3.04 update, downloading attempts from the App Catalog systematically fail with the following error message: "not enough storage to download"

Has anyone else experienced this and know how to fix it?

Thanks
damienh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 05:02 AM   #15 (permalink)

hm. I guess you didn't look 5 topics below yours http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...r-3-0-4-a.html
c000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 05:11 AM   #16 (permalink)

Yes - I've just realized there was another thread on this [PLS MERGE]

Still, I'd like to find a solution whithout having to go through Doctoring... It ruins the purpose of OTA update if at the end of the day you end up having to do a clean install
damienh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2011, 07:00 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccx View Post
hm. I guess you didn't look 5 topics below yours http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...r-3-0-4-a.html
Apologies for getting the title wrong and typing "space" for "storage". I spotted the error in the body of the message but I didn't seem to be able to edit the title.
Old 10/19/2011, 01:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

Well, Palm Support were the usual help. As soon as "Preware" was mentioned, it was time to resort to doctoring.
Old 10/19/2011, 06:13 PM   #19 (permalink)

I moved my .MapTool folder off to a PC and was able to install two updates, then I got the error again.

I have 2500 Pictures that I'll move off next and see what happens.
Old 10/19/2011, 06:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

I think it is going to have to be a fresh install or a quick fix from HP, I have 16GB of space left out of my 32GB TP and I am getting the same error as the rest on here.

Tags
databas, full

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0