webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > "Not Enough Space to Download" after 3.0.4
"Not Enough Space to Download" after 3.0.4
Like Tree11Likes

Old 06/01/2012, 03:19 AM   #121 (permalink)

A reply just in from Rod Whitby below - which means another file must be the culprit but which one....?

"As I said before, /var/db is your DB8 database. Removing any files in there is pretty much equivalent to doctoring your device.

-- Rod"
NK_Newbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2012, 05:08 PM   #122 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

on my TP with 15GB free, deleting the downloadlog file did the trick just now
BBooDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2013, 05:46 PM   #123 (permalink)

geeez, i just want to get my tp operational, not be a pro at this stuff.....downloadhistory.db , I can not find it to delete it..
tinybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2013, 09:05 PM   #124 (permalink)

Do you have Internalz Pro?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/17/2013, 08:16 AM   #125 (permalink)

Well, I have also run into this problem. I've gone through the steps outlined above. My download.db file wash't that large. Moving it and deleting it did not solve the disk space issue. What was largest, according to following the suggestion in post #115, were some directories of Adobe flash cache. I'm frankly a little nervous about deleting these, thinking I could seriously bork something.

What's off limits in terms of these directories?

UPDATE: So, I moved the AssetCache folder from var/palm/data/.adobe/Flash_Player to media/internal, and it fixed my app update issue. I then deleted all the files (except a text file) and moved it back. We'll see if that works (for a while, any way).

Last edited by davidtm; 03/17/2013 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Update
davidtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2013, 01:18 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
Well, I have also run into this problem. I've gone through the steps outlined above. My download.db file wash't that large. Moving it and deleting it did not solve the disk space issue. What was largest, according to following the suggestion in post #115, were some directories of Adobe flash cache. I'm frankly a little nervous about deleting these, thinking I could seriously bork something.

What's off limits in terms of these directories?

UPDATE: So, I moved the AssetCache folder from var/palm/data/.adobe/Flash_Player to media/internal, and it fixed my app update issue. I then deleted all the files (except a text file) and moved it back. We'll see if that works (for a while, any way).
Hi, sorry new here.
Have the same problem.
Have InternalzPro. Can't start it.
Get message: "Service does not exsit: "ca. canucksoftware.filemgr"
Any ideas?
Thanks

UPDATE:
Reinstalled InternalzPro, FileSysMgr and was able to delete the files downloaddb and filenotfiy etc, which weren't so big either.
Still have application database warning. Pressing help is useless.

Last edited by CJM281; 05/13/2013 at 04:11 AM.
CJM281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2013, 11:56 AM   #127 (permalink)

Hello,

I now have this problem too but dont have Internalz installed. Can anybody sugget wht to do . I presum it wont load via preware ?

Thanks
james the novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2014, 11:11 PM   #128 (permalink)

I am running both Android Cyanogenmod and Web OS on my 32 Gb TouchPad and started running into this "not enough disk space" message about a month ago...very annoying. I read through various threads and was at a loss not finding the data folder in /var/luna. ...just preferences...thus, no downloadhistory.e.db.. Using XX Commander, I also had no permissions to change anything and no internalz pro neither.

As a goof, I thought to delete the last app I had installed, which coincidentally was an RSS Feed reader that consistently downloaded thousands upon thousands of feeds and nonstop notifications.. That app was RSS Reader Free. Happy times now! No file manager, no doctoring...besides, when I homebrewed my TouchPad, my Mac had a Pre Mavericks OS and none of my downloaded apps i.e. Java are installed anymore.
futekgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2014, 11:18 AM   #129 (permalink)

Wrestled with this for past two weeks and made some progress with commander on getting the download app update to install but all others no dice.
ericif in #101 has the answer.
First time into homebrew world.
first did this - How to install homebrew apps on your TouchPad or webOS smartphone | webOS Nation

Then followed ericif instructions and found the dl history database up to almost 10 mb.
delete that sucker......reboot....and my two downloads that were hung finished up.
dl database is now like 40kb.
Don't be scared just follow the clear instructions.
Thanks again guys!

Last edited by Beachguy904; 08/12/2014 at 02:29 AM.
Beachguy904 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
databas, full

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0