Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Please let us know how it works out for you.
    Deleting the downloadhistory.db file solved the "Not enough space to download error." I needed to reboot the TP after deleting the file. When I checked, the TP had created a new downloadhistory.db file, but the new file is much smaller 5 vers 44 kb. For anyone else having this problem, Internalz Pro is an easy was to find and delete the file. The only think it took me a while to do was find the correct directory path. These are the steps.
    1) In Internalz Pro tap the home icon in the upper right corner. 2) open the folder on the first row, the folder is not named, it just shows two periods "..". 3) open the folder on the first row, again it is not named, just two periods. 4) open the "var" folder. 5) open the "luna folder". 6) open the "data" folder. 7) delete or move "downloadhistory.db.

Thanks for the help.
    traveld, jetruty and beachsided like this.
    Cool. I have to delete that file every few months. It just grows and grows. Obviously a bug. I wonder if the new 3.0.5 firmware fixes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlf View Post
    Deleting the downloadhistory.db file solved the "Not enough space to download error." I needed to reboot the TP after deleting the file. When I checked, the TP had created a new downloadhistory.db file, but the new file is much smaller 5 vers 44 kb. For anyone else having this problem, Internalz Pro is an easy was to find and delete the file. The only think it took me a while to do was find the correct directory path. These are the steps.
    1) In Internalz Pro tap the home icon in the upper right corner. 2) open the folder on the first row, the folder is not named, it just shows two periods "..". 3) open the folder on the first row, again it is not named, just two periods. 4) open the "var" folder. 5) open the "luna folder". 6) open the "data" folder. 7) delete or move "downloadhistory.db.

Thanks for the help.
    Just 44kb before deleting it? My file is currently 1.49mb and no errors yet.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Just 44kb before deleting it? My file is currently 1.49mb and no errors yet.
    You are right, I double checked and the original downloadhistory.db file was 40.9 mb, not 44kb. I had moved the original file into a different directory just in case I needed to move it back. The new file is only 5kb. On our second TP the file is only 1.67mb. I am not certain why the file got so much bigger on first TP.
    Last edited by ericlf; 02/08/2012 at 02:32 PM.
    I just recently started getting this warning every time I turn on my TP. It sends me to a help page and tells me to erase pix, movies, songs,accounts, docs, etc. to free up space. I had 21.9 GB free when I started getting this message. Since then I erased 400 pix (50%), 2 movies (.5 GB), cleared cookies,history, and cache from email accounts,emptied trash, eliminated 1 of 3 email accounts, erased 12 apps out of the 60 that I had and was left with 23.3 GB of free space. Rebooted and still I get the warning. I am at my wits end as to how to solve this problem.

I have seen some other threads here discussing this but most of those are phone problems not TP. And I can't seem to find an answer to my problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    <threads merged>

You can try some of the suggestions in this thread. Post 94 might be somewhere to start. You will need to have command line access on your TouchPad, which can be achieved by installing Xterm, Xecutah(needed to launch Xterm), and Tweaks (for VKB customization within Xterm). All of these apps are found in Preware.

I was able to pull up the directories myself, but as far as knowing what I was looking for, another story.

Several people within the thread said a visit to the Doctor solved their problems, but as HardBeatz noted in another thread, while the Doctor "solves" the problem.....you won't be able to find out what's actually causing the problem. There might actually be a far simpler fix, ie a couple of commands through command line, that would take 10 or 15 minutes, versus a 3 hour Doctor.

Good luck.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ted View Post
    I managed to resolve this issue without doctoring. Here are the steps that I went through to figure out the problem.

First on the terminal, I did df -h | more to find that Filesystem /dev.mapper/store-var which was mapped to /var was 100% full: 61mb/62mb.

So after that, I did du -kx /var | sort -rn | more which list all the files and directories under the store-var filesystem in descending order of size.

In laymans terms because I'm not real familiar with this process, could you simplify this for me?

I have Internalz Pro installed. Do I use that for this warning I am getting of "datatbase near full"
    Launch Xecutah
    Select Xterm

Once you get a command prompt, it will look something like this:

root@{YourTouchPadNameHere]:var/home/root#

You would type this command in:

df -h | more

Note that in between h and more is a PIPE, | not the letter I you will find that in the symbols below 5 and 6

it will show the first page. Press ENTER for next line, SPACEBAR for next page, Q to quit, and R to show the rest.

That's the extent of my knowledge, but that should get you a little closer.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobeer1315 View Post
    In laymans terms because I'm not real familiar with this process, could you simplify this for me?

I have Internalz Pro installed. Do I use that for this warning I am getting of "datatbase near full"
    If you have Internalz Pro installed, try doing what I did in post 101. If you are worried about deleting a file, move the downloadhistory.db file to another directory instead of deleting it.
    If you have Internalz Pro installed, try doing what I did in post 101. If you are worried about deleting a file, move the downloadhistory.db file to another directory instead of deleting it.
    that file is only 622 kb. But there is a file in there called filenotify.db3 that is 20.9 mb. This seems awfully large. Any ideas?
    Mine error occurred when I go back from usb mode. I check the file you mentioned, mine only 1.64mb. I don't move or delete it, I rename it. I will check later if the problem solved or not.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    FWIW, I deleted a pretty small downloadhistory.db fil and it solved my "not enough space" issue.
    Interesting, I had the same problem recently after using MapTool Pro to download a whole bunch of map tiles.
    I had a poke around and figured out /var was 100% full, with the culprit being downloadhistory.db - after moving that & doing a device restart, everything worked properly again.

I tried clear history / clear cache from the browser before deleting the file manually - but they had no effect on it.

I wonder if that database prunes older entries based on age - and downloading several thousand map tiles at once filled it up faster than expected, or if it is never cleaned up at all which means it will fill up eventually for everyone...
    2 TouchPads and a Preł
    mine, error still occurred even after delete the history file.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    mine, error still occurred even after delete the history file.
    That file on your touchpad was only 1.6MB - not what's filling up your filesystem.

To figure out which file system is full, run this linux command (from wTerm, xecutah/xterm or novaterm):

df -h

and let us know which file system is at or close to 100% "Use %"

And to get a nice ordered list of the size of every directory in that filesystem, sorted by size, run this, replacing /var with the filesystem that's full:

du -x /var | sort -n

Paste the last few lines of that, and we can help you figure out what the culprit is.
    2 TouchPads and a Preł
    For me it was the filenotify.db3 at 44MB. Removed the file and all is back to normal. My best guess here is that this could come from ignoring notifications for an extended period time. But it is just a guess.
    filenotify.db3 and downloadhistory.db3 were both large (40mb+) for me. deleting them both and rebooting solved my issue (for the time being anyway).

I had this issue (and several others, including the incredibly annoying distorted sound bug) a few months ago and a visit to the doctor solved both problems for me. Using xterm i checked my file systems and none were full so hope this keeps me going for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    filenotify.db3 and downloadhistory.db3 were both large (40mb+) for me. deleting them both and rebooting solved my issue (for the time being anyway).

I had this issue (and several others, including the incredibly annoying distorted sound bug) a few months ago and a visit to the doctor solved both problems for me. Using xterm i checked my file systems and none were full so hope this keeps me going for a while.
    Wow and great fix provided by you and previous posts. Actually for me all I deleted was the downloadhistory.db3 (about 1kb in size) that was tiny and shouldn't make a difference...but my problems for now are gone. Thanks! Sorli...
    Bump...would love a permanent fix!!!

Deleting files and rebooting used to work, but now after many fixes and problems returning, I can not find a file that will fix this issue. Like many others, I am really not willing to doctor and reload everything...I just don't have the time.
    Hi

I have just noticed another file in var/db/ called log.0000000099 which is 2MB at the moment! I will keep an eye on this to see if it grows. I bet this is the culprit file causing the Application Database to get full on my Pre3 and to make it "crash and re-boot".

Anybody else reckon so????

What happens if this file is moved or deleted?

cheers
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast