Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by brshoemak View Post
    I'm sorry, I appreciate all the information provided by the wonderful the community here - but it is absolutely ridiculous the number of times people have to doctor their Touchpad for issues. I was really happy with my Touchpad and felt lucky that I didn't have to deal with a lot of the problems others were experiencing.....until now.

I just ran into the storage space issue trying to update some apps (not Preware), I'm looking through through my files with Xecutah and after running "df -h | more" the only thing I see at 99% is:

/dev/mapper/store-var which is 61.4/62MB (576K available)

Can someone let me know what that is and if it is the source of my problems? I don't want to have to doctor it, but will begrudgingly if it is my only choice. Thanks.
    did you end up having to doctor your touchpad coz i have the same issue as yours, all i can see is 99% on /dev/mapper/store-var. anyone knows a solution to this ? thanks for your help!
    Looks like you'll have to dig into that filesystem and see what is hogging all the space.

What would you be looking for? It depends. You'll just have to dive in and see what could be useless files or whatever. I did that and recovered a whole bunch of space. Weird problems suddenly disappeared.
    10Gb out of 64Gb free....can't download apps. But thanks HP, you can still charge my credit card for the apps I can't install
    HP -> Land Line ... Palm -> Pre2 ... HP -> TP64gb
    Well, on the bright side, as soon as you do figure out where the problem is and solve it, you can get those apps right away
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Had that problem as well. My history so far:

• Followed the instructions with terminal (Xterm via Xecutah).
    • No partition was fuller than 93%.
    • Tried to clean up a bit.
    • Seemed to have deleted wrong files in /var/palm/jail, even though it was a folder from an already deleted application.
    • Got a reboot loop.
    • redoctored the device (btw, it's a 32GB TP on 3.0.4)
    • Now I can't download the Appcatalog itself and the HP Maps app.
    • Tried various things incl full and secure erase etc.
    • Am on the verge of throwing the damned thing out of a closed window

So far my experiences.
    Oh, and yes, another "fine" sidestory: I have a Pre3 hanging in the same profile. While tinkering with redoctoring and erasing the Touchpad, suddenly my Pre3 displayed a message, that it has to be completely resetted.
    Did that (full and secure) and now at least this one works again, except for the occasional Luna-crash-and-reboot it ocasionally does.

Ah yes. Why I am still using WebOS devices is beyond me. Maybe we ex-Palm-fans are born to suffer
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    has anyone found a fix for this yet? Without having to doctor it...
    I too am having this problem....everything else seems to work OK but I can't download additional apps. Device info reports 14.6 of 32 gb available?
    Yeah, I am having the same problem. This is so aggravating!! I want this fixed without having to doctor my device.
    We are confusing storage capacity. There is an internal partition for app storage that is different than the USB storage space (which is what is reported through device info).

Once that storage space is full it's full, best you can do is delete some applications and attempt to download the new applications.

Any applications you have paid for will be remembered by the system and you will not be charged for again.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    HBZ...how can i locate the folder that is "overloaded". I've tried deleting apps and so far no difference. I'd like to investigate "inside" my touchpad to verify what you say...which is logical, but I don't have that many apps.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I used webOS doctor to fix this issue. It took 3 hours end-to-end to fully restore since I have many apps and use many synergy accounts. The HP Catalog and Map App failed to install properly, but after a few reboots it redownloaded and both are working fine now.

I used the built-in Backup app, as well as Preware and Save/Restore prior to using webOS doctor to save as much app data as possible, and backed up the usb partition (media/internal) to my PC's hard drive just in case something got erased (nothing got erased, but it gave me a piece of mind).

Most all of my apps were reinstalled, even ones I had deleted. The only apps missing after doctoring were 2 phone apps that I had originally purchased on my Pre, namely Assasins and NOVA. I think it was because these apps were pulled from the App Catalog and replaced with Assassins Creed and NOVA 2 HD.

Otherwise all patches have been restored, most app data was restored if it was supported by Save/Restore. I haven't reinstalled UberKernel overclocking yet. I want to see if I can live with the stock speed for a while.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    carrlitoz14 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by floridarandy View Post
    HBZ...how can i locate the folder that is "overloaded". I've tried deleting apps and so far no difference. I'd like to investigate "inside" my touchpad to verify what you say...which is logical, but I don't have that many apps.

Thanks
    I also would like to know where to find it so maybe I can go and cleanup or figure out why its full, if someone does not mind giving us a where to.
    Not the most high-tech solution, but I deleted some big apps that I wasn't using much, and that made room for the ones that had failed to download/install.
    I managed to resolve this issue without doctoring. Here are the steps that I went through to figure out the problem.

First on the terminal, I did df -h | more to find that Filesystem /dev.mapper/store-var which was mapped to /var was 100% full: 61mb/62mb.

So after that, I did du -kx /var | sort -rn | more which list all the files and directories under the store-var filesystem in descending order of size.

I noticed that /var/luna/data was taking up around 55mb. After browsing the directory, I saw a file called downloadhistory.db which was approximately 55mb. The file seem to be the culprit and I was guessing that it is safe to remove. So, I just moved this file to different directory. I rebooted the touchpad and now I can download apps again!

Hope this helps out some people. I'm glad I didn't have to doctor my touchpad for this problem. Now I need to figure out how to increase the partition on that filesystem.
    I found the same problem in the past. downloadhistory.db was also the culprit. Such a troublesome file!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    I found the same problem in the past. downloadhistory.db was also the culprit. Such a troublesome file!
    Wow, what makes downloadhistory.db get so biy? Mine isn't so large, not yet anyway, ;-)
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ted View Post
    I managed to resolve this issue without doctoring. Here are the steps that I went through to figure out the problem.

First on the terminal, I did df -h | more to find that Filesystem /dev.mapper/store-var which was mapped to /var was 100% full: 61mb/62mb.

So after that, I did du -kx /var | sort -rn | more which list all the files and directories under the store-var filesystem in descending order of size.

I noticed that /var/luna/data was taking up around 55mb. After browsing the directory, I saw a file called downloadhistory.db which was approximately 55mb. The file seem to be the culprit and I was guessing that it is safe to remove. So, I just moved this file to different directory. I rebooted the touchpad and now I can download apps again!

Hope this helps out some people. I'm glad I didn't have to doctor my touchpad for this problem. Now I need to figure out how to increase the partition on that filesystem.
    I am having the not enough space to download problem, but have not used a linux line editor before. Is it easier to install and learn how to use a linux line editor or to just doctor my touchpad? I have installed Preware, so I can use webos quick install. Thanks.
    You might want to get a homebrew app called "Internalz Pro". It has a filemanager interface. Makes it easy to cruise the filesystem, identify big files and delete them.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    You might want to get a homebrew app called "Internalz Pro". It has a filemanager interface. Makes it easy to cruise the filesystem, identify big files and delete them.
    Thanks. I will give that a try. I actually have Internalz Pro on my phone, but don't use it much.
    Please let us know how it works out for you.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast