Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    I had expected to find some regular files in there, filling up the filesystem. I don't see anything out of the ordinary in that directory that 'df' thinks is 100% full.

There's something taking up a crap load of space...

I went back to post #54 of this thread and just noticed that /usr has 400+ meg. Sorry, I didn't catch this earlier!

Dive into /usr and see if you can find and giant files or directories in there.
    Doing a "du -sh /usr/*" would help.
    I believe this is what you asked for:

[BTW thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    hmmm....nothing usual, really.

Do "ls -alF /" (ls on the root dir)
    I think I see your problem. I had to go back to post #48.

You don't have the /opt filesystem mounted!

On my 3.0.2 system, it's 124.0 M big, mostly empty.

However, this might not be an issue if you don't have Preware loaded. I think it's the only thing that uses /opt...
    hmmm....nothing usual, really.

Do "ls -alF /" (ls on the root dir)
    As requested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Your root dir looks ok.
    Well I do have preware loaded, I've got patches and such going. Uberkernal was the only thing that gave me trouble. Any suggestions?
    Hmmm.....that might be an issue...I think Preware loads everything into /opt, a separate filesystem. Your /opt directory is empty *and* it's not mounted as a separate filesystem.

I'm looking to see where it's supposed to be mounted.

If you're growing impatient, you might want to Doctor it. In the meantime, I'm gonna keep looking....
    No, I'm in no rush. I will doctor it if I have to, but it is not my first choice.
    Okay, I'm thinking that Preware is damaged. I don't know much about how they install their wares, but I'm continuing to look.

It think it mounts a filesystem from a disk-filesystem, but I don't know where that is. Looking for clues...
    I don't know if this helps, but a week or two ago I had the issue where preware was getting hung up reading feeds. It went away after a day or two. Also I just recently enabled the beta feed, not that I downloaded anything, I was just looking. Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling Preware?
    Hmm...you might try that. If you don't have very many Preware packages loaded, it just might help.

You might also want to uninstall all Preware packages first?
    I'll do that. Should I get rid of preware aps as well? or just patches ans such?
    Umm....if it's not too much trouble.

I think at this point, it's the blind leading the blind...
    just noticed that /usr has 400+ meg.
    Mine also has 402MB in /usr
    This seems to be normal, so I don't think that's the problem.

I'm guessing the / filesystem metadata could be screwed up and therefore I think it's doctor time.
    Hmmm.....that might be an issue...I think Preware loads everything into /opt, a separate filesystem. Your /opt directory is empty *and* it's not mounted as a separate filesystem.

I'm looking to see where it's supposed to be mounted.

If you're growing impatient, you might want to Doctor it. In the meantime, I'm gonna keep looking....
    optware creates and uses /opt not preware.
    So I just took a trip to the doctor (not as scary as I thought, just time consuming) and I am feeling much better now. Everything seems to be in order, uberkernal is running on 3.0.4 and I am getting a lithium benchmark of 97. Overall I am a happy camper. Thanks for everyone's help! WebOS really does have an awesome community
    Excellent. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    So I just took a trip to the doctor (not as scary as I thought, just time consuming) and I am feeling much better now. Everything seems to be in order, uberkernal is running on 3.0.4 and I am getting a lithium benchmark of 97. Overall I am a happy camper. Thanks for everyone's help! WebOS really does have an awesome community

I'm afraid I'm having the same problem, and need to doctor my tp. Was it a fairly complicated process and was athere anything you needed to do prior to doctoring it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kahunabill View Post
    I'm afraid I'm having the same problem, and need to doctor my tp. Was it a fairly complicated process and was athere anything you needed to do prior to doctoring it?
    I was kind of nervous about it too, but it wasn't bad just time consuming. First of all you don't have to do a full erase as some guides say. What I would recommend though, is backing up your whole USB partition. It should not be affected (mine wasn't) but if something goes wrong you could lose info. Also I recommend doing a webOS backup and then downloading save/restore from preware. It will do its best to make sure your apps come back with the same memory you started with, and to keep your launcher looking the same as well. Also I took screen shots of all my launcher windows and of all of my installed packages so that I know what to reinstall after the fact. I have heard that emergency patch recovery will do this as well, but I didn't try it. After that, the process is pretty easy. I was able to doctor it in about 15-20 mins and then it took maybe 3hours for all my apps and such to be back where I started. Bit it worked like a charm.

Here are three guides I used that helped me:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    TouchPadPlus.com -- The Leading Step By step Instruction to Jailbreak, Boost Up and Overclock TouchPad

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions
    traveld likes this.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I'm sorry, I appreciate all the information provided by the wonderful the community here - but it is absolutely ridiculous the number of times people have to doctor their Touchpad for issues. I was really happy with my Touchpad and felt lucky that I didn't have to deal with a lot of the problems others were experiencing.....until now.

I just ran into the storage space issue trying to update some apps (not Preware), I'm looking through through my files with Xecutah and after running "df -h | more" the only thing I see at 99% is:

/dev/mapper/store-var which is 61.4/62MB (576K available)

Can someone let me know what that is and if it is the source of my problems? I don't want to have to doctor it, but will begrudgingly if it is my only choice. Thanks.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast