Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Well, I bit the bullet and doctored. 4 hours later all seems ok, but I've had limited time for testing.

Andrew
    I am getting the same error message after updating to 3.0.4, based in Uk and has 10GB left on device. With webOS Dr is it a full erase and restore from pc all downloaded and purchase So far I tried full restart and using the update manager some apps which failed to Download can be downloaded but it is and and miss. Anyone out there found a workaround without doctoring?
    Same here: I've managed to d/l some apps after a full reset

The pattern I've experienced is that typically when multiples d/l attempts have failed, after a full restart the first items will appear in the app catalog as "interrupted" and you can resume/complete the d/l and the last one will continue to fail.

I am also looking for way to fix this without having to doctor. Maybe an update of the App Catalog app could fix this?

Has anyone found a more efficient solution/work around?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by damienh View Post
    Same here: I've managed to d/l some apps after a full reset

The pattern I've experienced is that typically when multiples d/l attempts have failed, after a full restart the first items will appear in the app catalog as "interrupted" and you can resume/complete the d/l and the last one will continue to fail.
    I ended up doctoring but the symptoms you are describing were exactly the same as mine. Since doctoring, the download problem has gone away, but now I can't save QuickOffice files, sigh.
    How big is the actual update?
    I am getting the same error message-plenty of free space.
    Even getting error when attempting to update installed apps.
    Removed all patches prior to install of update.

Have not observed any other problems so far.

We need others to reply to this thread so that we can open a ticket with HP and get attention.

Only other alternative I see is to doctor to 3.0.2 and then upgrade back to 3.0.4
    Quote Originally Posted by d1pkk View Post
    How big is the actual update?
    3.0.4 ota is approximately 53 meg
  8. uk1
    I'm getting this on a 64gb with 27gb spare ...............
  9. uk1
    I am getting the above message after updating the touchpad 64G to 3.0.4. There are over 27GB space left on the device. Tried deleting some stuff then saw the thread.

Not really sure whether I should be doing something or simply waiting for something ......
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by isis3313 View Post
    Only other alternative I see is to doctor to 3.0.2 and then upgrade back to 3.0.4
    Why can't you doctor straight to 3.0.4? I did.

Regards,

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    Why can't you doctor straight to 3.0.4? I did.

Regards,

Andrew
    just did-app catalog is all good
    <threads merged>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I've had this problem before and I was able to fix it.

There are several file systems, not just one. The problem is that one or two of them is gets full.

Just after boot there are just a handful of filesystems mounted. As time goes on, the system mounts more and more filesystems. Mainly, they're jailed filesystems, one for each App.

In my case, it was the /var and /var/file-cache file systems that were filling up. This, despite having 21 Gig free according to Device info.

I got rid of some giant directories and all was good again.

This post describes the problem along with some symptoms:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3214265

If you have Xecutah or some access to the shell, do a 'df -h | more'. You'll see that one ore more filesystems is full ('100%') or nearly full.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by isis3313 View Post
    just did-app catalog is all good
    Excellent.

Have you tried saving a new file in QuickOffice?

Andrew
    If a file system fills up on the TouchPad, you'll see some strange errors. Here are the symptoms I experienced:

Couldn't take a snapshot of the desktop
    Sports Illustrated app launched but failed to load completely
    None of the games (about 11 of them) would start.
    Skype couldn't log in ("Unknown error)
    Preware had database errors, screen captures wouldn't save to flash
    Couldn't save edited files
    Xecutah/Xterm wouldn't start unless immediately after a full reboot
    Sound failure (restarting pulseaudio didn't help - only a full reboot)
    Govnah/uberkernel would always go back to Palm Default after reboot.
    Couldn't turn airplane mode on
    etc.

They fail because when they start up, they try to create a 'jail'. The filesystem they are trying to do this on (/var) is full, so the app silently fails or has bizarre behavior.

The fix is to find out which filesystem is full (probably /var) and eliminate some old files/directories. No need to Doctor.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I'll try and catch Jason next week when he is done with Midterms and see if he can write snip of code to "Delete Unneeded Files" and/or "CleanUp Filesystems" and add it as a menu option to Internalz. We probably should consult Rod as well...
    I was wondering why Palm/HP didn't address this problem. The Touchpad has a bunch of mounted filesystems. I understand why they did it this way (partly to facilitate 'jails'), but they could have at least made some sort of arrangement for apps to clean up after themselves. Only way to know the source of this problem is to fire up a shell and do a 'df'.

I don't think a catch-all utility will solve this problem. It seems that apps cause this problem. Since apps are the only things that know what files it creates, they are the only entities that can fix it. However, a utility could be handy to tell the non-linux-expert-user what filesystems are full and maybe present a list of them to delete. However, that is fraught with risks. The user may very well blow something away that's important.

One place a catch-all utility might help is in the /var/file-cache/attachment directory. This tends to grow very large and I'm wondering if occasional purging would help the problem. The only issue is that I don't know what Palm throws in there. I see it's a bunch of .pdfs....
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    PS. I deleted the downloadhistory.db and things started to work better.

Do we all have MapTool installed? While it might not be doing anything wrong, the process of downloading all those files (multiple attempts at getting 60,000 of them in my case) might be the issue.
    I have MapTool Pro and indeed it generated a gigantic downloadhistory.db. However, that wasn't the big part of the problem - it was a full /var/file-cache filesystem. /var was full, too.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    They definitely added the new error box "...not enough space..." in 3.04. Before the update we were getting all kinds of "symptoms" (db write errors, apps not installing, etc) with no clue as to what was causing them. So they must have been aware of this specific issue. And adding that error box sent us to the conclusions we are coming up with here.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast