Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgrod View Post
    I'm having an odd problem ever since the update...my TP will NOT charge on my touchstone when it has its case on (the Poetic folio case). It never had an issue before and immediately stopped working after the update. This is a total dealbreaker for me...is there any way to roll back to the previous version?
    let me know what you decide? And if you end up staying with 3.04
    if I wait for the patches to be updated, update my patches, then to 3.04? Or would I have to reinstall the patches anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    check ur device info app. It tells you in there the available space left. Or were you asking because you don't have a tp or urs has apps on it and is no longer stock?
    I meant, what is everyone else with the above specifications are seeing in their device?

I have 12.5GBand someone mentioned they have 13.4GB. No apps/patch installed/carried out from last updated profile...

Thx
    My touchpad automatically Downloaded and Installed the new update. Is this Normal?
    my preware will not open; keeps trying tp read package list; some games do not open correctly on scren to play; all since updates; any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I Cannot get evo 4g to work with Bluetooth. It paired. The phone says connected to Bluetooth audio but when I try to make a call from the to it says call can not be made from device. Sometimes it will dial and then say this. No sound comes out of tp speakers. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimzarc45 View Post
    my preware will not open; keeps trying tp read package list; some games do not open correctly on scren to play; all since updates; any suggestions?
    I had similar issues after the update which were related to my router. Enabling WMM in the QoS settings for the router resolved my problems.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Actually the Touchpad can now connect to my new Cisco router with 5 Ghz and WPA2 security. So that is improved, too. Before I had to use WPA to connect. For all other routers I have WPA2 worked fine even before the upgrade.
    7 pages of questions. Appears to me the Preware guys could- and should have a racket.

How much does an HP WebOS developer get paid? HP is still keeping their jobs to give you something for free- at least for now.

How much effort do the guys and gals put into a Preware App? 3 minutes of my effort in responding to a stupid question is a waste of my time. Give me a dollar, and I'll give you 3 minutes of programming language or information. Want Android? There's a lot of great Android tablets on the market. Want IPAD features? Simple solution- buy one. It costs 300 dollars in parts, manufacturing and things like having to pay employees wages -people who are trying to make a living- to have made an HP TouchPad.. You got a "good deal" as it is- for the price many of you got it for, HP "owes" you absolutely nothing. Neither does anyone else here. If it doesn't satisfy you, let me recommend the HP Slate 500 or Elitebook 2740p with onsite 3 year support- support so good that you would never have to post a stupid question on an internet forum for at least 3 years.

Five minutes after HP releases a WebOS update- which many of you thought wasn't going to happen- and you expect something RIGHT NOW. I'm sure that many of the Preware folks have other things to do, things like having jobs and having a real life. They sure ain't making a living off of you.

CONTRIBUTE TO PREWARE
    Last edited by gmichael52; 10/20/2011 at 01:26 AM.
    ktredshoes likes this.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    While I like the ability to limit searches to Touchpad, I am somewhat disappointed that they have removed the count of positive and negative reviews.

Update: I just got and installed an update to the appstore app, and they have restored the numbers in the header of Positive and Negative Reviews.

Thanks HP!
    Last edited by lar3ry; 10/20/2011 at 10:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roroingo View Post
    My touchpad automatically Downloaded and Installed the new update. Is this Normal?
    I was suprised that mine did this too, I don't recall seeing an option to disable auto-update.

Is there a way to safely rollback to 3.0.2? (3.0.4 has stopped the only app that I use from working).
    @T.C.Calvin,
    You can revert back to 3.0.2 wit WebOS Doctor
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ck-3-02-a.html
    I have to say I am very happy with my 3 week old TP that runs 3.02 and has the basic performance patches and several apps, (no overclock). Just works real well.

So I am wondering why folks are updating to 3.04 when it is widely known to cause some problems that will likely be fixed in a couple of days. (Is it just human nature to want the latest and greatest?) IMHO it seems like less brain damage to wait just a couple of days for the developers to catch up and get all of the better performance and no headaches.
    Quote Originally Posted by phreon View Post
    I have to say I am very happy with my 3 week old TP that runs 3.02 and has the basic performance patches and several apps, (no overclock). Just works real well.

So I am wondering why folks are updating to 3.04 when it is widely known to cause some problems that will likely be fixed in a couple of days. (Is it just human nature to want the latest and greatest?) IMHO it seems like less brain damage to wait just a couple of days for the developers to catch up and get all of the better performance and no headaches.
    Some of us wanted to wait but were force fed the update. Check out this thread

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-4-itself.html

Seems like it auto updates when charging so if you don't want the update than don't charger your TP
    Had mine on charger each night for the last 3 nights with no auto update. I just got a notification this morning that 3.04 was available to install. It had downloaded but not installed. I am pretty sure that you can select updates to auto download or auto install. I saw it in an earlier post.
    Just realized that there is a big difference between being on a wired charger vs Touchstone. I believe that on a Touchstone the TP is active but on a wired charger the TP stays shutdown. (Provided you have turned off notifications that wake it up.)
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Anyone having problems installing the webos ota update with cyanogenmod installed. Touchpad downloads update but when it goes to reboot to finish installation it goes back to the mobootscreen to choose which os to load. When I load webos it says the installation failed. Can anyone help me withthat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentiger1 View Post
    Anyone having problems installing the webos ota update with cyanogenmod installed. Touchpad downloads update but when it goes to reboot to finish installation it goes back to the mobootscreen to choose which os to load. When I load webos it says the installation failed. Can anyone help me withthat.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...scussions.html
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I downloaded preware to help make my TP faster and im looking for the following and some of the items are gone, like"muffle system logging" "removed dropped packet " etc. I succesfully downloaded preware, open it and search for the following and nothing. did i do somthing wrong?
    I am guessing that you just updated your touchpad to 3.0.4.

the patches you are looking for are not available yet. Wait for the developers. Give them some time to update their patches.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast