Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    ok, first time post. New to webOS and touchpad. Just removed all patches and updated to 3.0.4 Everything went well! I was excited to check the phone pairing. iPhone4 paired great for calls but sms is still not an option. Anyone know if 3.0.4 will allow sms with iPhone4 at ios5? Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by joel5393 View Post
    ok, first time post. New to webOS and touchpad. Just removed all patches and updated to 3.0.4 Everything went well! I was excited to check the phone pairing. iPhone4 paired great for calls but sms is still not an option. Anyone know if 3.0.4 will allow sms with iPhone4 at ios5? Thanks for the help.
    no iphone 4 with ios5 does not support sms on the TP.

From what i am reading the ipone needs MAP support to use the sms with the TP.

Not sure if there is a hack for MAP support yet or not
    Quote Originally Posted by funjoy77 View Post
    no iphone 4 with ios5 does not support sms on the TP.

From what i am reading the ipone needs MAP support to use the sms with the TP.

Not sure if there is a hack for MAP support yet or not
    Thanks! I was thinking with iMessage that maybe TP could use SMS to iPhone4 w ios5
    Quote Originally Posted by ericjs61 View Post
    I had Uberkernel installed for overclocking and now it is listed as not compatible with webOS 3.0.4 build 77.

No more overclocking for now.
    F4 overclocking works for me
    Last edited by miczroberts; 10/18/2011 at 11:30 PM.
    In fact, I could transfer file from my SS Galaxy S2 to TP in 3.0.2
    Quote Originally Posted by joel5393 View Post
    Thanks! I was thinking with iMessage that maybe TP could use SMS to iPhone4 w ios5
    The problem is instead of Apple actually building functionality into a phone they Tout you can do everything you need with an App (e.g. imessage), which is fine it's a business plan that has worked for them. However, since the phone doesn't support the MAP profile you can't send or receive text messages to the TouchPad.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    With the new OS and being able to connect to non-WebOS phones is great but not without problems. The TP connects well with the Iphone 4. The problem that I am having is that on the phone that is being called, the audio sounds very bad. I am able to correct it by muting the Iphone 4 but that is just another step and is counter productive to using the TP to make and receive calls, I may as well just use the Iphone 4 to make and receive calls. It is NOT feedback.

Is anyone else having this problem and have you found another way to correct the problem?

Thanks, DJ
  8.    #108  
    Kwas.... please read the post above yours in this thread.

<threads merged>
    I installed all these using the proper method. I uninstalled all my patches before installing webos 3.0.4 and then used the guide to uninstall preware, use linux and install latest preware. But now I have no patches, no plugins to download, is this normal? Will patches appear automatically when they get updated? I'm talking about patches like:

Muffle System Logging
    - Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    - Unset CFQ IO Scheduler
    - Unthrottle Download Manager
    - Quiet powerd Messages
    - Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    - EOM Overlord Monitoring (in Applications not Patches)

Hope someone can help.
  10.    #110  
    Hi donkon... please see the first post in this thread. Thanks!

<threads merged>
    Proxy support for my university sucks and the apps like proxify, proxyswitch, etc. Do not work. I get errors
    Any one else getting issues?

It used to work excellent on 3.0.2 with those apps. Thanks HP
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Can anyone with 16GB TP tell me what is the available space after fresh install of WebOS 3.0.4 with no apps/patches applied
    I have KoreanIME patch installed on 3.0.2 now that i installed 3.0.4 i cannot use it anymore..is there a fix for this?
    I am having a problem with my nexus s. The pairing goes fine but I cannot use my phone, I cannot dial out unless i disable the bluetooth. It seems to connecting to bluetooth on android on the dial pad screen and when i click call nothing happens.
    Another thing that might be good to add on the first post is that if a standard feature (e.g. sound) isn't working, just reset the thing. Threads have seen multiple issues cleared up this way, and it worked for me as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wised View Post
    Can anyone with 16GB TP tell me what is the available space after fresh install of WebOS 3.0.4 with no apps/patches applied
    check ur device info app. It tells you in there the available space left. Or were you asking because you don't have a tp or urs has apps on it and is no longer stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    <threads merged>

It is advisable to wait 72 hours before running the update, while waiting the 72 hours please keep an eye on the forums and most importantly the webOS Internals twitter feed. (this information comes from Rod of webOS Internals.

If you want more information than that please use the search and read relevant threads (don't forget the TouchPad Homebrew forums as well). All issues may not be known at first launch of an OTA update, even the folks under NDA with early access don't have access to an OTA update until the day it releases for everyone.
    What do I do if I already installed it? When i lauch preware, i get an error message before i can access it...the F15 upgrade is also lost along with the luna restart ability.
  18.    #118  
    The F15 kernel hasn't been updated yet for 3.0.4. All kernels are in Alpha testing currently as WebOS Internals just got the updated code from HP today.

Per Rod Whitby's twitter update:
    Kernel alpha testers: we have UberKernel and Warthog kernels now built from updated 3.0.4 sources. Please test. F15C and F4 to come later.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/19/2011 at 07:25 PM.
    I'm having an odd problem ever since the update...my TP will NOT charge on my touchstone when it has its case on (the Poetic folio case). It never had an issue before and immediately stopped working after the update. This is a total dealbreaker for me...is there any way to roll back to the previous version?
  20.    #120  
    Yep, you can simply doctor back to the previous OS version. BUT... any time you put the device on a charger or plug it in, it will prompt you to download and install the update again. If you don't remember to tell it 'no' it will automatically download and install it for you.