Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Wow did you have a bad install. My clock app is working fine. Haven't had any issues with sound yet (but I only played one song and video so far). All my apps are there and supported (unless we are talking about Preware kernels and patches which don't count and always take a few days to get updates). Which apps are you talking about? Please be specific. I have not found any new bugs so far.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    In that case then i'll do a clean install. I updated from the leaked 3.0.3. That might be the cause of the problem.
    What a wonderful resource, pre/central is. I just rec'd mine today and installed Preware. The patches issue had me stumped til I found the answer here. Off now, to donate to WeOs internals...
    I can confirm texting works from droid2. Just go to messaging, then new conversation and enter the phone number in this format

(xxx) xxx-xxxx

Then write the message and send it.

Very cool.

Is anyone else having a problem with screen flicker when navigating between menu pages in preware? By this I mean the screen flickers momentarily whenever the pages changes. Thanks.
    In that case then i'll do a clean install. I updated from the leaked 3.0.3. That might be the cause of the problem.
    You beat me to it. Was about to post the same thing. I believe the update path is only good from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4, not 3.0.3 to 3.0.4. 3.0.3 is not an official release. When you beta test like that you can't expect a clear update path from your beta.

Is anyone else having a problem with screen flicker when navigating between menu pages in preware? By this I mean the screen flickers momentarily whenever the pages changes. Thanks.

I'm not getting a flicker, just a screen transition. I'm glad you asked because I noticed uberkernel has been updated for 3.0.4 in Preware.

Edit: Ugh! Disregard! It is just a placeholder package. I should have checked first...
    Last edited by k4ever; 10/18/2011 at 07:46 PM.
    [
    I uninstalled all of my patches before updating. After 3.04 install (which seems great) preware comes up with an error when upgrading feeds. It is associated with the "webos-kernels-testing", ie if that is switched off, the update is fine, with it switched on it fails. The update also errors when that is the only feed switched on. I can regail you with the error msg if necessary. Is this a known? should I just wait for a couple of days for a preware update or is it more sinister?
    Quote Originally Posted by seaspyder View Post
    [
    I uninstalled all of my patches before updating. After 3.04 install (which seems great) preware comes up with an error when upgrading feeds. It is associated with the "webos-kernels-testing", ie if that is switched off, the update is fine, with it switched on it fails. The update also errors when that is the only feed switched on. I can regail you with the error msg if necessary. Is this a known? should I just wait for a couple of days for a preware update or is it more sinister?
    Go read the instructions here Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals which start with:

"If you are one of the people who were told to use testing feeds by some article or forum post, but are really not actively testing anything, then you should do the following to revert your Preware configuration to only using safe stable feeds:

Open Preware
    Go to the Manage Feeds page
    Swipe to delete any feed which has "testing" anywhere in the name

Note that this does not affect any packages that you have already installed on your device.

If you have done this, and want to stick with safe stable feeds only, you can stop here"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Go read the instructions here Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals which start with:

"If you are one of the people who were told to use testing feeds by some article or forum post, but are really not actively testing anything, then you should do the following to revert your Preware configuration to only using safe stable feeds:

Open Preware
    Go to the Manage Feeds page
    Swipe to delete any feed which has "testing" anywhere in the name

Note that this does not affect any packages that you have already installed on your device.

If you have done this, and want to stick with safe stable feeds only, you can stop here"
    How about some more useful response instead of a snide "why dont you wait"? I identified the exact problem and could do with some comment as to what it means instead of snide- "you are not in the club" BS!
    BTW...I've read the rules!!!
    Last edited by seaspyder; 10/18/2011 at 08:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TT67 View Post
    I'm having this issue as well.
    How about some more useful response instead of a snide "why dont you wait"? I identified the exact problem and could do with some comment as to what it means instead of snide- "you are not in the club" BS!
    BTW...I've read the rules!!!
    What is your problem?
    I gave you the citation and the quote to help you--Rod has asked that we direct people to the wiki and let them read the instructions there. Read it and you will find your answer as to why your feed doesn't work.
    I happened to have read it again an hour ago and that is why I remember your issue.
    What is your problem?
    I gave you the citation and the quote to help you--Rod has asked that we direct people to the wiki and let them read the instructions there. Read it and you will find your answer as to why your feed doesn't work.
    I happened to have read it again an hour ago and that is why I remember your issue.
    My apologies if you were serious in your intent. I cannot find anything in the suggested text that is meaningful- other than a vague suggestion that somehow it may be related to an old feed. Am I missing something? If so could you please be more specific- If I leave this feed off, or uninstall it, will updated kernel feeds such as warthog work (when they have been updated to work with 3.04?)
    Has anyone else discovered a much bigger memory footprint and a lot less sensitive inductive coupling with the touchpad charging stand?
    I had Uberkernel installed for overclocking and now it is listed as not compatible with webOS 3.0.4 build 77.

No more overclocking for now.
    My apologies if you were serious in your intent. I cannot find anything in the suggested text that is meaningful- other than a vague suggestion that somehow it may be related to an old feed. Am I missing something? If so could you please be more specific- If I leave this feed off, or uninstall it, will updated kernel feeds such as warthog work (when they have been updated to work with 3.04?)
    Yes, swipe in preware to delete any feed which has "testing" in it.
    Then, you should be fine.

After that, if you want to get any testing materials, you'll have to go back and read the link I posted, Rod has asked that everyone be directed to the link for instructions.
    You stated that your issue is "associated with the "webos-kernels-testing". ""The old WebOS Internals Testing Feeds (for applications and kernels) have been replaced by separate Alpha and Beta testing feeds." following by detailed instructions to update your feeds isn't clear? There is no "club", I read the same link and updated mine no issues.

Yes, swipe in preware to delete any feed which has "testing" in it.
    Then, you should be fine.

After that, if you want to get any testing materials, you'll have to go back and read the link I posted, Rod has asked that everyone be directed to the link for instructions.
    Good advice.
    Thank you Bluenote and Texasflood.
    I now understand your cryptic repsonse was due to Rod's request "You must never repost or copy or rewrite these instructions anywhere else, but must always refer others directly to this page using only the URL "http://testing.preware.org/"
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    nm
    I'm an *****
    Last edited by jack90125; 10/18/2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: see above
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    really? you have a non webos phone that allows you to text message on the touchpad?
    This is mystifying to say the least. I can pair up a BB 9800 Torch to send & receive phone calls and SMS but my Pre+ won't do SMS (calls only). They got the ad-hoc limitation resolved (infrastructure only is not needed) but a webOS doesn't work correctly? Oh well, at least there are alternatives available to us in case HP pulls the plug on anything 2.x and below.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    am I the only one that can't get my run if the mill android phone (LG optimus v) to work with the new update? It pairs fine but when I attempt to call, it initiates the call on my phone then a screen pops up on my tp saying "cannot make call". Any advice would be appreciated.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast