Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
    iphone 3GS 4.3.2 here, calls work fine but no SMS.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    Works with HTC EVO 3D
    Mine "works" too but I still have the same issue where sms on my E3D are sent but say "pending", then if/when I restart my phone all those messages are resent a second time. Do you have this issue or know of a fix?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    The Google calendar is very important to me. I just looked it up on Touchpad and all my events are there. Yea!
    release notes for 3.04 says:

"Most devices cannot send or receive SMS (text messages) from the TouchPad. The SMS Mirroring functionality needed to send and receive SMS from the TouchPad requires the Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP) to be supported by the phone."

Googling this further, apparently MAP is used mostly in cars. CNET writes:

"only a handful of BlackBerry, Motorola, and HTC devices are equipped with the profile."

Read more: Sync update adds new, yet little-known, Bluetooth profile to vehicles | The Car Tech blog - CNET Reviews
    PlatEdSonata likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by christr View Post
    I doubt it... I didn't think there was any hardware in here to actually do anything with it. Some folks pondered there would be some magic cable for the USB port... but I don't see that happening.

I think it may have been that webos 3.0.4 itself could support HDMI, but it's unlikely that a softwware update will modify our hardware.
    No, It was also established that the hardware could do HDMI out, but it was a question of whether or not HP had the foresight to wire it to the micro-USB port. There were rumors it was included in 3.0.4, but I think those were squashed pretty quickly.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Works with my Galaxy S2, sending only though, it doesn't recognise incoming texts. Phone calls initiate but drop almost instantly. Used freetether.

Haven't tried with 3.0.4 or cm7 yet.
    After updating to the new 3.04 today, I noticed that the player had more music on the list than usual, then I saw my flac collection has now been added to the list Nice work HP!
    Last edited by dizzyraider; 10/18/2011 at 03:28 PM.
    angiest likes this.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    so there's no hdmi in 3.0.4 .. can someone confirm?
    Didn't even think about it, so far, so good.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Figures. Incoherent muttering.

Any idea of they added vorbis support as well?
    Wow you were right it does work. I forgot to turn on Messaging Access in my bluetooth settings on the phone. As soon as I did that I re-paired the phone and the TP and message began flowing. The messages go through just fine, and the TP recieves them back without any issues. Thanks guys!

Also note that phone calls works fine too. I tested it out in the car earlier while using a wired headset. Just to screw with people im going to make a phone call from it. I'm gonna place it up to my ear and try not to laugh.
    jblather, paulm64 and naptime like this.
    Text messages work when paired to my Galaxy S II (Sprint) work. Can send & receive from the touchpad just fine. The only thing that is somewhat akward is that when I send a message directly from my phone, that message doesn't show up in the message history on the touchpad. Not the end of the world, but makes following a discussion hard if you bounce between the phone & touchpad to send messages.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post

Have you checked the changelog?your question is addressed there.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Figures. Incoherent muttering.

The Official HP Palm Blog: What's new in webOS 3.0.4?

A new over-the-air update for HP TouchPad is now available. (For details about how over-the-air updates work, click here.)

Some of the new functionality you'll find in the new update include:

A new Camera app for photos and video
    The ability to pair non-webOS phones to your TouchPad, so you can answer calls on your TouchPad. Pairing with non-webOS Bluetooth keyboards has also been streamlined.
    Support for OGG Vorbis music files
    Online/offline messaging status support.

In addition to new features, you'll also experience better performance, user interface improvements, and other enhancements such as support for accelerometer events in Adobe Flash Player, and more robust Skype video calling. For more details about the update, click here.

Jon Zilber
    I have a bluetooth cordless phone system I pair my cell phone with when at home and also bluetooth in my car. I doubt that my phone could be connected to the TouchPad and either of those at the same time so I probably won't need to connect my TouchPad to my phone very often but it is nice knowing that I can if I need to. At the very least, i can text away while in meetings at work and everyone will just think that i am checking my email.
    Quote Originally Posted by christr View Post
    I doubt it... I didn't think there was any hardware in here to actually do anything with it. Some folks pondered there would be some magic cable for the USB port... but I don't see that happening.

I think it may have been that webos 3.0.4 itself could support HDMI, but it's unlikely that a softwware update will modify our hardware.
    There was supposed to be HDMI out support for the TouchPad via the Micro-USB port. If that is true, could we just use a cable from an HTC or Samsung phone that also has this feature?
    Whoops, I asked on the wrong thread!

But yes. The touchpad's chipset has support for the MHL standard. A couple people (seems like they had some info on the inside) said that HP would add this support in 3.0.4. Should be the same cable as the HTC EVO 3D, HTC Jetstream, Samsung galaxy, etc. anything that uses Qualcomm's chipsets.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    There was supposed to be HDMI out support for the TouchPad via the Micro-USB port. If that is true, could we just use a cable from an HTC or Samsung phone that also has this feature?
    Just tried with my MHL adaptor, didn't work.
    Does anyone have a problem with music not appearing in the music app after the update?
    Stupid question, but no one asked this so here goes:

1) if I do the OTA update, does it wipe my installed programs? I don't want to be slaving over restoring all my apps
    2) Any way to rollback to 3.0.2?

I don't have any experience in this purely because my device came with 3.0.2 pre-installed.

Also, I think a lot of users are complaining about patches, preware, kernels, etc. because for many TP users, this is their first foray into webOS, meaning this will be their first OTA ever with preware installed. 3.0.2 doesn't count because the "getting started" thread recommends 3.0.2 before installing preware.

Might I suggest the mods put a sticky'd thread up to address this and prevent further unnecessary questions?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast