Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
Like Tree24Likes
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    Simple question: Right now I have basic unmodified 3.0.2 (except for the PDF reader patch). I would like to know what are the generally-accepted problems with 3.0.4 compared to 3.0.2 before I update. Scanning the threads for the last couple of weeks, I think they are:

a) Some people seem to be having problems with distorted sound, but it's not clear in what context

b) Some people say the accelerometer has been changed in a way that breaks some games

Any others?

I know there are lots of other anecdotal problems reported, but they don't seem to be general from what I can tell. (I hope the Touchstone problem reported above isn't general!)
    I have no sound.
    since updating to 3.04 Paper Mache does not work, Time magazine does not work and Market Pulse does not work.

the spelling checker is crazy too.
    Simple question: Right now I have basic unmodified 3.0.2 (except for the PDF reader patch). I would like to know what are the generally-accepted problems with 3.0.4 compared to 3.0.2 before I update. Scanning the threads for the last couple of weeks, I think they are:

a) Some people seem to be having problems with distorted sound, but it's not clear in what context

b) Some people say the accelerometer has been changed in a way that breaks some games

Any others?

I know there are lots of other anecdotal problems reported, but they don't seem to be general from what I can tell. (I hope the Touchstone problem reported above isn't general!)
    I am Experiencing the touchstone problems as well. I reported It way back on page four...not sure how many others have the issue, but it sucks. I will be doctoring as soon as I have time.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlyall View Post
    since updating to 3.04 Paper Mache does not work, Time magazine does not work and Market Pulse does not work.

the spelling checker is crazy too.
    There were a bunch of educational "cards" programs... "Animal Cards" was one. Another had aircraft. They all stopped working after the update. I checked in the app catalogue and they are no longer listed.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    It still sounds like people are experiencing dozens of individual random bugs, some with WebOS, some with hardware, some with individual apps.

So the current situation is that if I update to 3.0.4 I will likely experience an unknown number of possibly-annoying or possibly-crippling bugs, some of which may have complicated work-arounds, some of which may be still awaiting updated patches, some of which may never be solved. Gee, this is encouraging...
    It still sounds like people are experiencing dozens of individual random bugs, some with WebOS, some with hardware, some with individual apps.

So the current situation is that if I update to 3.0.4 I will likely experience an unknown number of possibly-annoying or possibly-crippling bugs, some of which may have complicated work-arounds, some of which may be still awaiting updated patches, some of which may never be solved. Gee, this is encouraging...
    The scenario you depict is doubtful... the majority of users are NOT seeing a number of issues.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

I only had one issue and that was solved with the help of the great folks here, so I think you're overreacting. You're lumping everyone together saying we all have problems when it's a few. Plus, it takes time to fix the issues, it's not an overnight thing. Give the developers and programmers some credit here please...
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai View Post
    I only had one issue and that was solved with the help of the great folks here, so I think you're overreacting. You're lumping everyone together saying we all have problems when it's a few. Plus, it takes time to fix the issues, it's not an overnight thing. Give the developers and programmers some credit here please...
    Also, many of us that haven't had problems have multiple touchpads... 2 here, didn't remove anything, OTA update, good to go
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    It would certainly be good to know if most people have updated their WebOS version without problems, but how can we know what the likelihood is? Some people have had problems, others haven't, and naturally there are more postings about problems than about not having problems. Maybe we need a poll?
    It would certainly be good to know if most people have updated their WebOS version without problems, but how can we know what the likelihood is? Some people have had problems, others haven't, and naturally there are more postings about problems than about not having problems. Maybe we need a poll?
    Most people have updated without any problem, I can guarantee this. A lot of the "issues" are from people not taking the time to understand what will (or can) happen when you update a device that is modified outside of the manufacturers specs.

A lot of us have been doing these OTA updates to webOS for YEARS now. Back in the old days, you actually had to remove your patches before updating... a group of individuals spent countless hours developing AUPT, multiple times of doctoring to an old version and coding and testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Most people have updated without any problem, I can guarantee this. A lot of the "issues" are from people not taking the time to understand what will (or can) happen when you update a device that is modified outside of the manufacturers specs.

A lot of us have been doing these OTA updates to webOS for YEARS now. Back in the old days, you actually had to remove your patches before updating... a group of individuals spent countless hours developing AUPT, multiple times of doctoring to an old version and coding and testing.
    I have been working with this TP for over a month now and have had very few if any problems with the OTA or the patches. I have done the OTA with the patches still imstalled and with out and the only thing i see it just disables the preware and some of the pataches.
    All i have to do is enter develement mode and connect to computer and reinstall preware and load the ffed and it tells me what patches need updating (meaning reinstalled ) so everything is working good Only problem I have had was the Touch Player I had to revert back to version 1.0.4 in order for it to continue to work on well every format I have tried including ;;;;;; rm, rmvb, mov, wma, wmv, mk4, mp4, mpeg, flv, mpg, ogg, avi, mp3,wav DVD Movies ( IFO,BUP,VOB ) . If you update your touchpad to 3.0.4 make sure you use Touchplayer 1.0.4 , Dont use 1.0.5 here is how to add feed .
    Open Preware
    Tap the top left of the Preware screen and select Manage Feeds
    Scroll to the bottom and under New Feed, give the feed a name (any name) and enter/select the following corresponding details
    URL: mobilecoder.touchpadhp.info/mcfeed
    IS Compressed: NO
    Select Add Feed
    Again in Preware, select Update feeds
    Install (Search for TouchPlayer in Preware, select it and hit install, you will know you have the correct version if the details say that it is NOT hosted on Precentral)
    Luna Restart
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlyall View Post
    since updating to 3.04 Paper Mache does not work
    Restart your device and then Paper Mache should work again. This is a bug where webOS sql data storage hangs.

paper mache : faq
    --
    @ryanwatkins

Paper Mache / @papermacheapp
    http://www.ryanwatkins.net/software/papermache/
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zxhwk View Post
    Only problem I have had was the Touch Player I had to revert back to version 1.0.4 in order for it to continue to work on well every format I have tried including ;;;;;; rm, rmvb, mov, wma, wmv, mk4, mp4, mpeg, flv, mpg, ogg, avi, mp3,wav DVD Movies ( IFO,BUP,VOB ) . If you update your touchpad to 3.0.4 make sure you use Touchplayer 1.0.4 , Dont use 1.0.5 here is how to add feed .
    Does your earlier version of TouchPlayer actually wotk with mp3? I had 1.0.5 on my TP, but can't remember if I installed it before HP slipped an update in on me, and mp3 files never did work right. 1.0.6 did not help.

On both versions, there was no way to stop a song, once started. Tapping again just started an overlapping instance of the song, or, if you tapped another song you got an overlapping song.

The author says he didn't think anyone would use it to play music.
    so this was strike 2.. Strike 1 was quickoffice crashing and I losing A lot of valuable info. Then, yesterday, boom wordpress, didn't even post to my blog and I saw it was successful.

LMFAO really? And I'm supposed to be pleased about this?
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Hi Im new to the forums. i have been searching for a while to find an answer to a problem i have. i just got my HP Touchpad back from storage around 12/8/11 and it will not update to 3.0.4 i am stuck on 3.0.2 i do have preware installed and its overclocked. i have been told to use webOS doctor to force update but i know it will erase everything. im not worried too much about preware but what about my purchased apps from the catalog? will i be able to get those back even if i backup? I've heard about 3.0.5 coming soon and if i should just wait to update to that. but then again i dont know if it will update to 3.0.5 I have no idea why its not updating.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    The scenario you depict is doubtful... the majority of users are NOT seeing a number of issues.
    WebOS is fantastic, intuitive and simple in its design. What few complaints I have about the interface have mostly to do with parental controls to lock my kids out of undesirable content and changing my settings/deleting my apps. Overall, though, I recommend it above iOS and Android 10 to 1.

However, the level of denial in the quote I cited rivals Steve Jobs' argument that there was no antenna problem on iPhone 4. Just because the complainers are often shouted down by the same group of 4 or 5 people every time showing up and swarming their complaints with "works fine for me" replies and blaming "the patches" does not mean that "the majority" aren't having problems.

I love WebOS; I have purchased two Touchpads for my own home back in August and a third for my mother-in-law in November. Only two of the three have Preware and non-market apps installed, but all three have experienced major issues following the update to 3.0.4 (one of which I did not authorize on the un-modded TP):

- Intermittent wi-fi dropout
    - Sound issues requiring reboot (none of the suggested solutions have worked other than this)
    - Wonky motion sensing on games like SuperSonic HD
    - Occasional extreme lag while running simple tasks like email

So, let's be clear, WebOS is awesome, and I wish it could be adopted by the major players in the tablet/phone game, but it still has bugs to work out on its back-end, and 3.0.4 solved several things while breaking a few others.
    lar3ry likes this.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by josegomez6815 View Post
    Hi Im new to the forums. i have been searching for a while to find an answer to a problem i have. i just got my HP Touchpad back from storage around 12/8/11 and it will not update to 3.0.4 i am stuck on 3.0.2 i do have preware installed and its overclocked. i have been told to use webOS doctor to force update but i know it will erase everything. im not worried too much about preware but what about my purchased apps from the catalog? will i be able to get those back even if i backup? I've heard about 3.0.5 coming soon and if i should just wait to update to that. but then again i dont know if it will update to 3.0.5 I have no idea why its not updating.
    im having the same issue. My new touchpad says 3.0.2 is up-to-date. Any suggestions?
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Pre -> Touchpad
    New to the forums, but have had my touchpad for about a month now. When I first received my TP it worked great. Then I installed the 3.0.4. Had the problems with the speakers and then I had problems with it not starting properly. Mainly whenever I shut it down and then tried to restart later the hp logo would show and go away, repeat. Never fully restarted. HP had me send it back to them, they fixed it...put it back to 3.0.2 apparently and now it wants me to update again. It's been working great. I'm a little nervous about updating again. Should I go ahead? I keep picking the update later option, but don't know how long I can do that.
    Text forwarding works on my photon
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011