Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ggendel
  • 1 Post By UncleVanya
  1.    #1  
    I have nothing on the quick launch bar or under any of my tabs (apps, downloads, etc..)

How can I restore everything?

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    If a reboot doesn't fix it, then you need to pick up the 3.0.4 doctor. Since you don't have anything available, you can force the reboot by holding the power and "card" button for about 20 seconds.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    cblakey1 likes this.
  3.    #3  
    I didn't even get as far as loading 3.0.4. I uninstalled the patches and it said Luna has to restart. I said ok, it rebooted and this happened.

How do I get the doctor? Do I have to hook up to my PC?
    Quote Originally Posted by cblakey1 View Post
    I didn't even get as far as loading 3.0.4. I uninstalled the patches and it said Luna has to restart. I said ok, it rebooted and this happened.

How do I get the doctor? Do I have to hook up to my PC?
    I think he was recommending that you FiRST try to reboot the device before you Doctor it. Have you tried this?

If so what happens on reboot?

Lastly - yes you need a computer to run the Doctor from.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I think he was recommending that you FiRST try to reboot the device before you Doctor it. Have you tried this?

If so what happens on reboot?

Lastly - yes you need a computer to run the Doctor from.
    Yes, I tried to reboot it. and I got a screen with the arrow in the circle (launcher) and that's it. When I launch, I get the message under every tab to drag and drop apps to move them.

Well, I am hooked up to my PC now and the device just has a USB icon on it.
  6.    #6  
    Can I just reinstall version 3.0.4?

On my PC I can see all the TP directories (drive F). So they are on the device at least.
    Read this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

Understand that in your situation the caveats about patch recomendations for 3.0.4 not being available do not apply as I suspect you just want to get it back up and running unpatched at this point. If that's not correct - you might want to use the 3.0.2 Doctor.

Doctor directions are in the first post of the thread - read them fully before you start.

On my PC I can see all the TP directories (drive F). So they are on the device at least.
    If you have files that you want to keep grab them now before you doctor. The USB portion may not be disturbed but JUST IN CASE it's a good idea.
  9.    #9  
    The doctor I got was the latest. Do I really have to do this?

Does the Doctor restore the operating system?
    The doctor I got was the latest. Do I really have to do this?

Does the Doctor restore the operating system?
    Yes the doctor restores the OS to factory defaults. It doesn't typically rewrite the USB portion which means that the files on the media portion of the disk are usually preserved.

Honestly removing patches does not normally leave a system in the state you are in. You may want to state which patches you had and in what order they were removed etc. You might also want to wait for other options before jumping on the Doctor but I'm not sure what other options exist.

For the phones webOSRepair works sometimes but I'm not sure there is a version that works with the touchpad.
    cblakey1 likes this.
  11.    #11  
    I just ran the Dr. and it is restarting now. It's been a while though and all I have is the hp logo.

Well when it came up lo and behold the new OS was installed. I just had to go through the standard setup steps and I was good to go!

Thx for your help. I really needed it!
    I just ran the Dr. and it is restarting now. It's been a while though and all I have is the hp logo.

Well when it came up lo and behold the new OS was installed. I just had to go through the standard setup steps and I was good to go!

Thx for your help. I really needed it!
    You are welcome!
  13.    #13  
    Oh, BTW.. the items I removed are all the ones under the Install the packages tab on this site:

HP Touchpad Firesale and beyond...