1.    #1  
    Hi

Can someone help with with a tehering issue

i have turned on my iphone 4 hotspot functionality and trying to get my touchpad to connect so i can use 3G on the move however it is not picking up the iphone in available networks.

I have tested and i can see the iphone appear on 2 laptops in the house and both connect to the iphone no problem

Any ideas?

thanks
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    You may try turning off your WIFI on the Touchpad, wait a moment, then turn it back on. Possibly could be some type of compatibility issue with your tethering app. Don't know what tethering app you are using on your Iphone. I use MyWi and my Touchpad sees and connects with no issues at all to my Iphone 4. When I helped a friend tether his rooted Android phone for his Touchpad, the first app he used (Barnicle) would not work. Although other devices he had would see his Android phone, the Touchpad would not. He tried a different tethering app, then the Touchpad would see connection.
    Open garden for Android works great. Just need to cycle it on/off once. Then its good to go (for me) Good luck and only tether when you need to !!
    iPhone4 sets up an infrastructure ap, it's not the usual ad-hoc problem like with the older iPhone models. Make sure you're on iOS 4.3.5 or higher and it should work right away.

If it does not work, you will like to:
    - really make sure you have set up an infrastructure ap, verify with other devices. It should show up as normal wifi network, not ad-hoc.
    - try different security options. Play with it. Maybe it just doesn't work using WPA2? Or WPA-PSK? Mine (old 3G, ad-hoc, in CM7 of course because 3.0.4 still doesn't like ad-hocs) only works without encryption at all...
    -If you still can't get it to work using the built-in hotspot try MyWi or PdaNet.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBeesley View Post
    Open garden for Android works great. Just need to cycle it on/off once. Then its good to go (for me) Good luck and only tether when you need to !!
    Does it require the android phone to be rooted?
    yes I just checked
    I have a similar question. I have tethered my Palm Pre to my TP via b/t, and would like to access the internet. I have an unlimited data plan on my Pre, but not sure how to make it work. Any suggestions. Thanks
    i use HTC EVO with wifi hot-spots on my phone no problem what so ever. Touchpad connects with 3G it is great having Internet access were ever you go..

under wifi setting you have to manually add the name and password setting on the phone.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazan View Post
    I have a similar question. I have tethered my Palm Pre to my TP via b/t, and would like to access the internet. I have an unlimited data plan on my Pre, but not sure how to make it work. Any suggestions. Thanks
    I assume you are using freeTether on your Pre, you should use the WiFi option and not Bluetooth to tether the TouchPad and everything should be fine.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47