Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Not sure this has been posted yet: The Doctor for webOS 3.0.4 is now available: http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...4hstnhwifi.jar
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Why does it save the file as a .zip file? Do I need to rename it when I have it here?

Alan
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Why does it save the file as a .zip file? Do I need to rename it when I have it here?

Alan
    Weird. It saved it for me as .jar file. Perhaps it's related to your browser (I use Chrome). I suggest renaming it to .jar and then just start it (w/o the TP connected) to verify that it runs correctly.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Yep - that sorted it.

Cheers

Alan
    will this fix the gonav? Seems oike the overclock func stopped working. So did the private browse func.
    Quote Originally Posted by swak6287 View Post
    will this fix the gonav? Seems oike the overclock func stopped working. So did the private browse func.
    Overclock will stop working and there is about 3 threads on why. The short of it every update kills the overclock kernel. you have to wait til wbeOS internals makes an update
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Hi,

I'm trying to update to 3.0.4 via Doctor. I'm on a Mac running OSX 10.7.2. When the Palm webOS Drivers Installer runs, it says "The Installation Failed" - contact the software manufacturer for assistance. I can't find anything in the HP Help for Doctor. Anyone else have this problem, or any ideas?

Thanks, Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by ukpetey View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to update to 3.0.4 via Doctor. I'm on a Mac running OSX 10.7.2. When the Palm webOS Drivers Installer runs, it says "The Installation Failed" - contact the software manufacturer for assistance. I can't find anything in the HP Help for Doctor. Anyone else have this problem, or any ideas?

Thanks, Peter
    Maybe the file you are using is for Win/PC only?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    How do I install this jar file? It says after downloading it,wrong file type mime. I am a newbie to webos.
    Thanks
    It says its ok for Mac OSX 10.5 & 10.6 - perhaps it hasn't been updated for 10.7 - on the phone at the moment to HP...
    Indeed - as I thought - Sam at HP says the installer has not been updated for Mac OSX 10.7 - so I am unable to use Doctor.... brilliant!
    Okay I know we've got a lot of new to webOS folks here. And I know there are some webOS old timers that like to update with the doctor.....

Can someone please tell me why there are so many folks updating (especially a minor update) with the doctor. Using the doctor to update is doing it wrong (in 99.9% of cases).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    garykirk likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukpetey View Post
    Hi,

Thanks, Peter
    This was always an issue with me and my mac. Try using an older doctor and letting the drivers install. I got It working a few months ago when the 2.1 metadoctor craze was going around for legacy devices. I believe installing the sdk or an older doctor worked for me. I'm sorry that I can't recall what exactly it was that fixed it

also, this is not related to lion 10.7.x. I used the 3.0.4 doctor on my macbook pro running lion 10.7.2 last night
    Quote Originally Posted by burrina View Post
    How do I install this jar file? It says after downloading it,wrong file type mime. I am a newbie to webos.
    Thanks
    Sounds like you are attempting to download the software on the device. The doctor is something meant to be downloaded to your computer when you need to recover your device from a failure that is not able to properly fixed through other troubleshooting steps.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Okay I know we've got a lot of new to webOS folks here. And I know there are some webOS old timers that like to update with the doctor.....

Can someone please tell me why there are so many folks updating (especially a minor update) with the doctor. Using the doctor to update is doing it wrong (in 99.9% of cases).
    I used the doctor since I was planning on erasing my TP anyway - so the update came out at the perfect time.
    Doctor doesn't do a full secure erase, if that was your goal.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    Na. Not really my goal. Just a restart of my device. I didn't have much on it anyway.
    A full erase was my goal, back to factory. I take it this was the wrong approach...?
    I used version 3.0.4 http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...4hstnhwifi.jar to doctor by 32GB Touchpad, because my induction charging stopped working. I had installed some patches (had subsequently removed them), had done a complete erase, but the induction charging still wasn't working. I downloaded this from
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...ions#Wifi_Only

The issue is that I now that after having doctored, I have an app catalog that is "phone sized" and shows a blank white screen rather than the normal touchpad app catalog. I don't think my apps are reinstalling either. Was this the wrong doctor to use? If so which is the right one?

Update - Most of my apps have reinstalled fine. There are a few that show yellow triangles in the software manager. One of these is the HP App Catalog. Selecting the entry for the catalog brings up the catalog itself, rather than the set of options to report a problem or delete an app.

The App Catalog app is still phone sized and blank.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...g-missing.html
    Have to click on the yellow triangle to reinitiate the app catalog install. Now all is well.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mdwy62; 11/23/2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Update