Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    3.0.4 effectively tries to kill the speakers and sound through headphones but fails. It just chokes it.

I was listening to music and all of sudden, it sounded like the speakers were dying. I plugged in my headphones, same issue. So it has to be a software thing.

I uninstalled the patch "Increase Volume" and the issue persisted.

You can replicate this by just waiting for a long time. It will happen, eventually. You though pulseaudio freezing was annoying? This is it's boss.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk300 View Post
    I currently have a sound issue after installing the WebOS update. .

Issue: I lose sound when I turn on my touchpad from sleep mode. I can fix it by doing a reset but that is annoying. I did not have this issue prior to the update.

I see others have this issue...is there a solution other then performing a reset?

Thanks!
    download PulseAudio Restarter. it works and only takes a few seconds.
    Like several folks have mentioned here previously, following the 3.0.4 update, my TP with a Griffin Folio case on no longer charges in the Touchstone (in either orientation). Initially there wasn't even a charge via the wall charger but after two shutdowns/restarts, I was able to get a charge. Now I have to take the case off in order for the touchstone to induct a charge. Not really great with pets jumping all around. The clock also no longer shows up by default. Quite frustrating under the circumstances esp as the updates didn't really make things that much more productive for me.

**BTW, just want to point out, I never had a problem using this case prior to the update.
    Last edited by soulgrrl; 10/19/2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: adding a note
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    3.0.4 effectively tries to kill the speakers and sound through headphones but fails. It just chokes it.

I was listening to music and all of sudden, it sounded like the speakers were dying. I plugged in my headphones, same issue. So it has to be a software thing.

I uninstalled the patch "Increase Volume" and the issue persisted.

You can replicate this by just waiting for a long time. It will happen, eventually. You though pulseaudio freezing was annoying? This is it's boss.
    I uninstalled my patches before upgrading. Haven't tried headphones but my speakers are working fine. Yet another 3.0.4 issue I'm not seeing, guess I'm lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Okay I am not getting a ringing I am getting the ringer silence vibration when I turn on mute. I just did it 3 times, same thing every time.

I left everything installed, I have not ran a custom kernel on the TP.
    What you are getting now is what I remember, just a vibrate and no noise. Sounds like some people are getting the weird mute ring and some people aren't. But everybody so far seems to either have it or didn't have it before 3.0.4. The different behavior suggests to me that there is indeed a bug somewhere, but it isn't necessarily something that we can trace to 3.0.4. I seem to be the only one who thinks 3.0.4 caused it, and that may just be because I was playing with something else earlier that triggered this change before the update. I will play with it tonight some more and see if I can't figure out what causes it to go away. I will also borrow my wife's TP and see if she has the same problem or not, which might help to isolate things. Regardless of where this came from, it is really really annoying. Death to the silent ring bug! :-)
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I've been unable to purchase any apps by promo code. I'll get the box for Purcahse, Promo, Cancel, but when I tap promo, the box goes away and nothing ever appears for me to paste my promo code into. I even doctored last night and still same prob. Extremely frustrating. I posted a thread on this and 2 other people seem to have the same problem.
    Bump

I am experiencing the same problem.
    [eQUOTE=boodaddyz;3213427] Phone Pair:

Finds my HTC EVO 3D, but I can't place calls, text, or anything. It tells me it can't connect, and to try the call on my cellphone. This is a fail. If I restart, I can make one call and I can see on my cellphone that the call was placed, but I can't hear anything on my tablet. When I switch the audio to my cell phone speaker I can here. When I switch back to my tablet, I can't hear a thing. Try again, and fail

I get the same thing on my HTC HD , I also noticed that you cannot change the volume on incoming calls...on touchpad or phone. Volume set to high caller gets his own voice echoed back so bad that it is unusable.
    I just got my Droid X to work with messaging. After when pairing, my phone said the TP was requesting MAP access, so I said "go for it, man." Now texts will appear on the TouchPad.

I'm not sure that I care, but it does work.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFan123 View Post
    Do you have an official HP TP case? Because I don't and it's frustrating for it to have been working fine just a few minutes ago and getting this great update, only to lose the convenience the Touchstone once provided.
    What case do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by revlamb2 View Post
    I have trouble with my touchstone working when a case is on it, even though it worked fine prior to the update. I have to remove my Touchpad from the case to use the Touchstone.

Please note that I am using a non-HP case, but never had problems before the update.
    What case are you using?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Distorted Audio -Confirm

I had the same issue with the speakers sounding "tinny"/"blown" nearly a day after update. Even with headset plugged in. Has to be something with the software. Reset fixes it temporally. Mute/Unmute and PulseAudio Restarter didn't help. I hadn't ran any apps or installed anything new for nearly a day before it happen. I did receive a single Facebook notification, but it doesn't appeared to be linked.

Here's a short video of my TouchPad with the problem. It's not the best quality because all I have right now is my FrankenPre2 to record with:
    Soorma likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by soulgrrl View Post
    Like several folks have mentioned here previously, following the 3.0.4 update, my TP with a Griffin Folio case on no longer charges in the Touchstone (in either orientation). Initially there wasn't even a charge via the wall charger but after two shutdowns/restarts, I was able to get a charge. Now I have to take the case off in order for the touchstone to induct a charge. Not really great with pets jumping all around. The clock also no longer shows up by default. Quite frustrating under the circumstances esp as the updates didn't really make things that much more productive for me.

**BTW, just want to point out, I never had a problem using this case prior to the update.
    My other touchpad uses a third party leather case and also didn't have any issues with the touchstone charger until now.

Why did they have to touch that? UGH! Why?!

Only hope is if 3.0.4 Uberkernel will fix it back to how it used to be since it's obviously software related.

Or what we really need is a way to go back to 3.0.2 and DISABLE updates so 3.0.4 or later won't install unless we really want it to.
    Last edited by VitaminD; 10/19/2011 at 04:05 PM.
    chaosdivine likes this.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to have a thread where people post their 3.0.4 bugs and somebody compiles them in the first post for easy access?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    You mean like the topmost sticky in this very subforum?
    It's real easy for me, I've been lucky and seen none yet. But as fate doesn't like to be tempted and tends to make one a liar after making such a statement, I could be back with a report soon, But really I do have a concern that folks may see something unique or semi-unique to their configuration and blame 3.0.4 perhaps incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by knightnz View Post
    Hah. good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by knightnz View Post
    No. In that one I have to wade through 10 pages of people saying "no problems here, a-hyuk," and people saying "my touchpad won't charge through the case."

What I want is, on the front page of the thread, each problem listed once, so that a person can come up, see his or her problem and say, "Oh, bother, mine isn't listed yet. Let me add it to the mix."
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 10/19/2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: removed direct reference to another user
    It's very hard to gather bugs from forums for a few reasons I will outline below

1. Everyone has different configurations and it often takes many contacts over and over again to get to the root of the bug.
    2. Homebrew. As end users we don't like to state anything about homebrew that could be the cause, but when dealing with reality we have to look at the OS in a bare bones state. I am very big advocate of World of Warcraft and if anyone who happens to play the game knows that if you ever ask for help with an issue the very first thing they are going to tell you to do is remove all addons. It goes the same for webOS
    3. Not enough details, a lot of times we have these "bugs," but often don't provide enough information to really diagnose the issue. (through no fault of the reporter).
    4. Incomplete troubleshooting. Bugs are often reported where later is stated to not be a bug because a restart fixed it or running the doctor fixed it etc. Bugs are not things that are fixed by standard troubleshooting.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    don't know if it is 3.0.4 related or not but it appears a number of apps that were previously in the app catalog are no longer there

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ware-gone.html
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Seriously can some1 organize a post of bugs that people face after a fresh install.

by fresh install i mean no overclocking, patches etc..

Till now I have these issues:

1. Accelorometer acting weird
    2. Games Lagging
    3. Phone app will not dial calls after connecting to phone, tells me to dial from phone and then I can talk properly.
    4. 720p youtube video stutters

This is after a restart, no cynagenmod, no preware, patches, kernels etc.
    Well, I posted a thread in the homebrew section for a patch to restore the touchstone sensitivity for those of us having problems with charging through 3rd party cases as well as the official case.

It's not a bug. It's deliberate coding on HP/Palm's part for some unknown reason.

Kindly direct those who post about this issue to that thread.

Link: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-2-levels.html
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast