Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    after the install the accelerometer is not working the same in asphalt 6 unuseable even after I played with the sensitivity settings.....I can't even stay on the road it seems to snap back and forth ...I tried the lowest sensitivity and still no change.....

any ideas.??
    same issue..*** have they done?? y change the accelerometer
    Quote Originally Posted by teamw23 View Post
    When you ask the TouchPad to mute using the dropdown menu in the upper right hand corner of the home screen, it does eventually mute, but before it does that, it rings a single loud ring like a telephone before going quiet.

So basically, if you are anywhere where you want the TP to be quiet, it will only grant your request after ringing loudly. So if you are at a meeting, or your wife is asleep next to you, you have to make the TP ring like a phone before silencing it. In effect, this makes the mute function unusable - you have to turn down the TP manually with the rocker volume and it makes noise doing that too.

The mute function worked fine in 3.0.2, so this is definitely a bug since the 3.0.4 update.
    Mine did that before, either when muting or when unmuting, but I know it did it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Soorma likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Mine did that before, either when muting or when unmuting, but I know it did it.
    Mine didn't do this with 3.0.2 and it still doesn't do it with 3.04.

If my volume is up, and I mute sound, it does a little vibration, but doesn't make any other audible sound. When unmuting, the current volume level is briefly displayed, but that is all.

Perhaps I am not following the same steps to replicate the issue?
    I am pretty sure that this is new. I have only had the TP a few weeks, but I remember using the mute function before several times without incident and I can't believe I just noticed this, it is pretty jarring. As I recall, it didn't used to make any noise when you turned the mute ON. I can't remember whether it made a noise when you turned mute off or not, but I am pretty sure this isn't the way it is supposed to work. Why would anybody deliberately design something so it makes noise immediately after the user specifically just asked it to make no more noise? That just doesn't make any sense. I think what it is trying to do is vibrate to confirm the selection, but somehow triggering that also triggers a single ring. Maybe I need to fiddle with the ring tones or something to set it so there is no ringtone at all and that makes this go away. I noticed there is a whole folder of ring tones on the TP in the directory when you plug it in and it is probably playing one of those. Maybe I will copy them off the TP and delete them all and see if that resolves the issue. I am not a big Skype guy, so I could care less about the phone/video phone features.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Ok same like others.. my phone Moto Backflip connects to Touchpad and can dials calls but i cant hear anything and since my phone is connected through bluetooth, I cant hear anythng through it as well.

But, If I receive a call it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranchlizard View Post

If my volume is up, and I mute sound, it does a little vibration, but doesn't make any other audible sound. When unmuting, the current volume level is briefly displayed, but that is all.

Mine didn't do it on 3.0.2 or 3.0.4 either. Guess I'm lucky, seeing reports of a plethora of problems with 3.0.4 and don't think I've seen any of them. I did remove the preware kernel and patches first which perhaps helped, not sure. I'm kinda conservative that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranchlizard View Post

I get a picture of a bell with a little blue slash through it now when I hit mute, combined with the single ring. I am thinking somehow the update fiddled with my ring tones. I don't recall setting a ring tone before, and the update wiped all the music off my device. I also am not sure I re-set up Skype yet after the update. I will see whether either of these things fix it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Mine didn't do it on 3.0.2 or 3.0.4 either. Guess I'm lucky, seeing reports of a plethora of problems with 3.0.4 and don't think I've seen any of them. I did remove the preware kernel and patches first which perhaps helped, not sure. I'm kinda conservative that way.
    I also pulled off all my patches, but left Homebrew and Preware installed. Do any of you who ARE NOT seeing this problem also have Homebrew and/or Preware installed?
    (1) Citrix receiver app and 3.0.4 upgrade:
    Citrix receiver not working after 3.0.4 upgrade. It worked for me on 3.0.2.
    When you open this app it lets you login and displays the inside apps but if you try to click on one of the apps, receiver card opens in a small window but does not open the app. Stays in that state forever.
    (2) vpnc - VPN not working with 3.0.4 upgrade:
    Getting error: ESP send failure detected. Please try different NAT traversal config.
    It use to work with 3.0.2, no changes made to the config settings.
    Tried different combinations and nothing works.
    I also pulled off all my patches, but left Homebrew and Preware installed. Do any of you who ARE NOT seeing this problem also have Homebrew and/or Preware installed?
    I had that mute sound before (under 3.0.2). Sounds like a bell with pillows around it.

I did a doctor to get to 3.0.4. I did that because of all the patches and overclock kernel. Plus, I forgot to uninstall the glass theme on there.

But the mute sound is still there under 3.0.4. And I have preware installed.
    Soorma likes this.
    I get a picture of a bell with a little blue slash through it now when I hit mute
    Okay and I know for certain I had that before. My TP pretty much stays on mute because I bring it to work most days and don't want to forget to mute it as I rush out the house.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Okay I am not getting a ringing I am getting the ringer silence vibration when I turn on mute. I just did it 3 times, same thing every time.

I left everything installed, I have not ran a custom kernel on the TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Can anyone else verify an issue with this (or no issue with it)?
    I have trouble with my touchstone working when a case is on it, even though it worked fine prior to the update. I have to remove my Touchpad from the case to use the Touchstone.

Please note that I am using a non-HP case, but never had problems before the update.
    Forgot to add, tested mine in official HP case last night. Works in portrait even with the flap between TS and TP
    I currently have a sound issue after installing the WebOS update. .

Issue: I lose sound when I turn on my touchpad from sleep mode. I can fix it by doing a reset but that is annoying. I did not have this issue prior to the update.

I see others have this issue...is there a solution other then performing a reset?

Thanks!
    Getting the distorted audio too. Restarts fix it, but it does return again after some time. Haven't noticed anything yet that triggers it.
    Quote Originally Posted by horseybob View Post
    That's odd; app catalog is working for me on 3.04; on the bright side, I just now saw your app and have downloaded it, and will be doing so for my daughter's Touchpad as well!
    Thanks for trying it out. If you like it, don't hesitate to rate it. :-D
    GoogleTalk still doesnt sign in
    I just installed over the top of the patches and preware, I've not got any kernal mods. I did lose sound when first installed but after a restart it's gone back to normal. Not noticed any other problems.
    Last edited by Teejay1; 10/19/2011 at 03:16 PM.
    got two updates for proxy server ip support and auto correct issues.
    I talked to a Christopher who basically said no additional support for ip is available in the GUI. (duh) and if autocorrect is an issue, to turn it off...
    if I wasn't such a loving fan of webOS I would have Seriously bought an IPAd just now...
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast