Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mrumble View Post
    Was on 3.0.3 upgraded today. Clock app still broken (was broken in 3.0.3). Is this true for anyone who upgraded from 3.0.2? Does the clock app work?
    clock works for me 302 to 304.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    My touchstone still works with the case as well. My only issue is that my Yahoo mail isn't downloading or giving notifications unless I open the email app. This is happening for both mine and my wife's mail accounts on separate touchpads.
    Which case are you using?
    As reported, after the 3.0.4 update the spell check has gone haywire, I had it turned off before the update and after the update it was reset to on and it was impossible to type with it. It is now turned off again.
    I'm noticing that the autocorrect issue has disappeared if I use my touchpad for a while. however if I restart, it goes back crazy. so my advice, for now is just use your device a lot and it goes away but don't restart lol.
    outgoing calls linked with htc droid incredible 2 running android 2.3.4 (gingerbread) not working...several attempts, with same result. *insert fart noise*
    EDIT: I found that adjusting QoS (enabling WMM) solved my connectivity issues after the update.

Since the update, I've run into a significant issue with a wireless network that is a problem on 2 TP. I have two wireless routers in my house (Router #1 - Linksys 610n w/ddWRT; Router #2 - Netgear WNDR3700 w/stock software). R1 works great with the new update; very fast. R2 now causes significant lag in both updated TP's that was not an issue before. Both routers are using 2.4ghz band & both are using WPA2-PSK [AES].

I've tried restoring the settings to Auto IP, resetting the router (R2), changing and/or swapping the channels (1 > 11 > 6) and there is still a very significant problem that wasn't there before the update. I've been using R2 exclusively for the past couple of weeks w/o issue.

Most notably, using R2 I get "unable to connect" string errors on several of the Preware feeds after taking way too long to load (switching to R1 brings the feeds in immediately), and Communities will not load any sites. I can get websites to load but they are significantly slower using R2. This all suggests to me some kind of dns issue but I haven't tracked it very far.

This is completely repeatable no matter what I've tried and, as I've indicated this was not an issue until the update.

Happily, R1 works great and allows me to see how many improvements are available on the update. But I would be extremely disappointed if I was only experiencing this update using my 2nd router. I'd love to hear any ideas on what I could try to get R2 connecting correctly again . . .
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 10/19/2011 at 09:31 PM.
    Warthog Kernel worked for me. F4 Phantom didn't and neither the Uberkernel.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    So I guess we are just ignoring the OP?

It really would be helpful if everyone used the format stated in the OP. Thanks!
    Soorma likes this.
    my wi-fi can't setup, my proxyswitch can't work,calculator,clock,map also can't work, pReader can't load books, all this happen after update.
    Accelerometer controls in Asphalt 6 became WAY TOO sensitive with 3.0.4 - to the point it's impossible to play.

Also, experienced audio corruption issue in all apps (flash, games) - reboot fixed it - not sure for how long.
    I just updated, below is what I find so far.

Internet Connection:
    Internet connection is way better. I was always loosing connection, and that is good now.

Preware:

Preware works still, and I updated the kernal, but I uninstalled advanced reset options because the update broke some patches, and when I went to reinstall it, it wasn't there. I tried searching and everything, and it doesn't show up anymore. I havn't tried to reinstall any other patches yet to see if I get the same result.

Blutooth Phone Pair:

Finds my HTC EVO 3D, but I can't place calls, text, or anything. It tells me it can't connect, and to try the call on my cellphone. This is a fail. If I restart, I can make one call and I can see on my cellphone that the call was placed, but I can't hear anything on my tablet. When I switch the audio to my cell phone speaker I can here. When I switch back to my tablet, I can't hear a thing. Try again, and fail

I am going to use Doctor on it, and see if that fixes any of this. If you choose to do this, don't expect to install PreWare and have everything up and running correctly, until updates are made to make all the patches run again.

Ill post an update in an hour or so.

(Make sure you backup) --- (Launcher/Settings/Backup) It will restore most of the apps back after you restore with Doctor.

Here is (Software update information and release notes for TouchPad (Wi-Fi) webOS 3.0.4
    http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb2...66_en.html#304
    Last edited by boodaddyz; 10/19/2011 at 02:20 AM. Reason: added link
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeman View Post
    The new camera app worked right after the new update. But it has stopped working.
    It sticks at the load screen with the camera icon, then it shows the controls for a split second and then it sticks on the load screen.
    Also of note is it flickers and sticks when you turn to portrait or landscape mode.
    I hope HP addresses this. Its a typical buggy new app.

HP Touchpad with Preware installed and over clocked with F4. F4 isn't the problem. I checked by removing it.
    I have the same issue
    noticed that the snappier touch sensitivity inadvertently put me in card mode (coincidentally this happened right after I read the post that mentioned this). It's difficult to recreate, and I love the snappyness, so it's fine.

"Tab" is now "9" when I use my BT keyboard in Ubuntu/Chroot

Touchplayer plays M4V videos that I downloaded from video-flood... But they won't stream (recreated by trying it again) M4V's that I had previously downloaded and one I downloaded today won't play in gallery. (is there a preware codec that I forgot was there before the update? Possible.)

I have noticed increased temps... Uberkernel works, but I'm keeping it clocked lower for now... I'm concerned about the temp.
    Quote Originally Posted by boodaddyz View Post
    I just updated, below is what I find so far.

Internet Connection:
    Internet connection is way better. I was always loosing connection, and that is good now.

Preware:

Preware works still, and I updated the kernal, but I uninstalled advanced reset options because the update broke some patches, and when I went to reinstall it, it wasn't there. I tried searching and everything, and it doesn't show up anymore. I havn't tried to reinstall any other patches yet to see if I get the same result.

Blutooth Phone Pair:

Finds my HTC EVO 3D, but I can't place calls, text, or anything. It tells me it can't connect, and to try the call on my cellphone. This is a fail. If I restart, I can make one call and I can see on my cellphone that the call was placed, but I can't hear anything on my tablet. When I switch the audio to my cell phone speaker I can here. When I switch back to my tablet, I can't hear a thing. Try again, and fail

I am going to use Doctor on it, and see if that fixes any of this. If you choose to do this, don't expect to install PreWare and have everything up and running correctly, until updates are made to make all the patches run again.

Ill post an update in an hour or so.

(Make sure you backup) --- (Launcher/Settings/Backup) It will restore most of the apps back after you restore with Doctor.

Here is (Software update information and release notes for TouchPad (Wi-Fi) webOS 3.0.4
    Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) - Software update information and release notes for TouchPad (Wi-Fi)
    Just wiped my tablet with doctor, and I am getting a new error when trying to place a call. "Unable to connect. Cannot send voice over paired phone or no phone is paired".

My phone is connected, and everything is working on that end, but nothing works. sigh...I might download the older web os docter and go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAbnkr View Post
    noticed that the snappier touch sensitivity inadvertently put me in card mode (coincidentally this happened right after I read the post that mentioned this). It's difficult to recreate, and I love the snappyness, so it's fine.

"Tab" is now "9" when I use my BT keyboard in Ubuntu/Chroot

Touchplayer plays M4V videos that I downloaded from video-flood... But they won't stream (recreated by trying it again) M4V's that I had previously downloaded and one I downloaded today won't play in gallery. (is there a preware codec that I forgot was there before the update? Possible.)

I have noticed increased temps... Uberkernel works, but I'm keeping it clocked lower for now... I'm concerned about the temp.

I installed the recovery Palm Kernel. Video-Flood/Gallery plays/stream m4v files again. And the camera works now.

still getting a "9" when pressing "tab" in chroot.
    Really badly distorted audio a day after 3.0.4 update. Performed a reset to fix.
    No distortion encountered with 3.0.2.
    Soorma likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Can anyone else verify an issue with this (or no issue with it)?
    Mine charges fine with the power switch to the left (landscape) or top (portrait). Does not charge in the other two orientations!!??
    after installing the new update this morning,i wish i would not, sadly my TP 32 GB went into autorestart each time i wnat to connect to the inernet and haged for long time in hp logo . there was preware patches installed before and all working fine before the update. i ,m very sadly now to web os doctor and lost all my files , any help in this matter, i will update with the next issues
    Firts of all, upgrade was seen as 3.02 68 and then, after a very long while, my Touchpad is now 3.04 !

What is worst is

1) wifi : connexion seem to take more time to establish.

2) TouchPlayer : 1.0.4 : sometimes movies plays very slowly. Need to reboot Touchpad.

3) Shutdown Touchpad : sometimes take too much time to shutdown (Touchpad seem to be hang).
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeman View Post
    The new camera app worked right after the new update. But it has stopped working.
    It sticks at the load screen with the camera icon, then it shows the controls for a split second and then it sticks on the load screen.
    Also of note is it flickers and sticks when you turn to portrait or landscape mode.
    I hope HP addresses this. Its a typical buggy new app.

HP Touchpad with Preware installed and over clocked with F4. F4 isn't the problem. I checked by removing it.
    Current custom kernels ARE the problem for not working Camera. HP published wrong kernel source
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast