Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    My issues most likely related to updating to 3.0.4:

1) Splashtop Remote for TouchPad not connecting to some of my Windows systems. Problem was reported to their support team and they verified sound card connection issues on systems without a sound card (VMware hosted virtual systems). A fix is coming soon.

2) Cannot add Gmail to the built in mail app. I have seen some here on the forums saying they can make it work with no problems, but I can't as well as others having the same issues. You add the account, it appears and then it disappears. No errors, just not being added. Also, going under Accounts and Google, sliding the Email switch to on, goes off after you save the change.

3) The FeedReeder app from Timo was broken, but an update appears to have fixed the issue.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I let my Touchpad update to webOS 3.0.4 today. When it rebooted it got stuck in a boot loop. I can get it into recovery mode with the USB symbol. However, webOS doctor will not recognize the device. FYI, I also had put android (CM7) on it. Any thoughts on what I should do?

EDIT:

uhhhhhhhh... I have 2 Touchpads, so I have 2 chargers and 2 USB cables. After messing with this thing for hours I just decided to switch which USB cable I was using and, BAM, the doctor recognizes it.

I can't believe how sensitive these things are to which cable you use. They are exactly the same cable but I've noticed that each Touchpad only likes the cable it came with. When you use the other one it gives you that error message about the cable not being correct and the touchpad might not be able to charge right. It's very strange.

Anyway, because I've been messing with it trying to fix it with the wrong cable, it hasn't been charging and webos doctor needs it to be charged up. It's charging now and hopefully everything will be fine after that.
    Last edited by MathewSK81; 11/03/2011 at 04:47 PM.
    all of a sudden I bet the unable to Load page almost every web site I go to - nothing new other than the update to preware
    That is weird. I've swapped out cables/chargers without a problem between different TPs.
    I use a Bluetooth A2DP headset to make calls using Skype whith my Touchpad.

With 3.0.2, this feature was working well (I used to pass several calls a day).
    Since 3.0.4, the first call works well, but after this the headset seems to disconnect. Sometimes pulseaudio restarter solves the problem, sometimes not and I have to restart the device.

Anyway with 3.0.4 bluetooth A2DP seems to be very unstable.

Regards,
    Sylvain.
    Quote Originally Posted by MathewSK81 View Post
    I let my Touchpad update to webOS 3.0.4 today. When it rebooted it got stuck in a boot loop. I can get it into recovery mode with the USB symbol. However, webOS doctor will not recognize the device. FYI, I also had put android (CM7) on it. Any thoughts on what I should do?

EDIT:

I can't believe how sensitive these things are to which cable you use. They are exactly the same cable but I've noticed that each Touchpad only likes the cable it came with. When you use the other one it gives you that error message about the cable not being correct and the touchpad might not be able to charge right. It's very strange.
    Same issue here stuck in a loop for hours WebOS DR useless, switched cables to Blackberry one re-installing as I type this.. thx for the resolution...
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Basic RSS Is broken , I can mark as Read but it does not clear the feed count .it will not refresh any feeds. I haven't uninstalled my patches yet , that is coming . My TouchPad Reboots randomly when it never Did before, I can't open more's than 3 cards now. Apps. won't install . I will try Webs Doctor this week.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I just posted this long rant here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3238016

Now I'm wondering if maybe 3.0.4 isn't the problem. Perhaps a full wipe and reinstall is in order. I just hope that app store keeps track of what I've purchased so I can redownload them again. I'm not so far into my set up that starting over would be a big deal. Should I?

Thanks,
    Jason
    So far, no good.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockula View Post
    I just posted this long rant here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3238016

Now I'm wondering if maybe 3.0.4 isn't the problem. Perhaps a full wipe and reinstall is in order. I just hope that app store keeps track of what I've purchased so I can redownload them again. I'm not so far into my set up that starting over would be a big deal. Should I?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Your apps from the HP catalog are backed up. If you want to be sure about it, go to Settings and then Backup. You can see what time the last backup occurred and can do another one if you want. If you have Preware stuff loaded, decide before you doctor what you want to do--some people uninstall everything and then doctor. Some people just doctor over all the Preware stuff. I like the first approach personally but I'm not running a lot of patches...If you do have a lot of Preware patches, etc. you'll want to make sure those are backed up if possible.
    I made a thread about this but I wanted to post about it here too since HP employees seem to be reading it:

Messaging app stops working:

Two days ago the native messager app decided it didn't want to work anymore. When signed into my AIM account, IMs would just not go through. I know they were being sent, because I found that when signed on to AIM on my computer and the TP, I would receive the IMs on my computer, but not my TP. I ran webOS Doctor, did a full reinstall. Reapplied all my different patches and Preware. Everything seemed to be going well, for one whole day. Then the problem returned.

What I've noticed:
    -I cannot receive IMs, and it also tells me people are offline, when I know they are in fact online
    -It will show buddies as signing out and back in almost instantly, over and over again
    -Restarting the TP/luna doesn't seem to resolve this
    -Have varying degrees of success getting this to stop if I change my status from Available to Offline, and back again

I'm wondering if this is somehow related to the wifi dropout issue I've been reading about, since I also had a IRC app that would do similar things. I could be connected but it would disconnect me randomly and frequently. Ended up reverting to 3.0.2 for the time being until there is a fix.
    I'm new to the touchpad (just got my firesale hardware a couple of weeks ago). So, I'm not sure if this is 3.04 or has been an issue all along. I updated right away.

Stereo bluetooth to my belkin G00 pairs, connects, but no music from apps like tunein or hd radio pro. The odd thing is that PDK apps like angry birds, glow hockey, supersonic, etc, all work just fine with sound going out through the bluetooth device as expected.

I also had problems connecting to my rocketfish stereo headphones. A reboot resolved that, but maybe temporarily. It stopped working for awhile then started up again.

My palm pre-, running WebOS 1.4.5 works with ALL of my bluetooth devices FLAWLESSLY.

Does anybody else have these problems? Is there a workaround or fix? Why do PDK apps have sound to my bluetooth devices, but not others? This is frustrating as one of my main uses for the tablet was going to be to stream to my main whole house audio system.

** Edit **
    If I run a PDK app, and then launch an app with the problem, audio plays from both just fine. Until I close the PDK app, then silence.

This only seems to affect Enyo apps (tunein, Internet Radio Pro HD, etc). I installed some of the older apps, like net2streams, and they work just fine.

Frustrating. This seems to be a problem with whatever API developers of Enyo apps are using?
    Last edited by knobbysideup; 11/09/2011 at 10:18 AM.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Since 3.0.4 I'm getting regular WiFi drop out. TP won't reconnect to known hub. Only solution is to shutdown (turn radios off) and restart. Never happened before 3.0.4
    I just listened to audio files for the first time through the headphones since updating to 3.0.4. WOW, it is HORRIBLE. It was definitely not this bad with 3.0.2. The audio through the speakers seems slightly degraded, but, nothing like through the headphone jack. It is unlistenable. I have tried both the default audio player and Music (Remix); it's equally bad with both through the headphone jack.

Maybe the problem is related to a patch or something else I have installed and not to the 3.0.4 update, but, that is the major change since I last listened with headphones. It really is bad for me.

By the way, I also have the problem reported by another user that the sound disappears all together when the headphones are unplugged from the jack.

UPDATE: After three reboots, audio through headphones is now as good as before. This is really strange that some of the problems attributed to 3.0.4 go away with reboots once they occur. In my case it took multiple reboots. Let's see how long until the problem reoccurs and if reboots continue to resolve the issue. What is this, Windows? :-)
    Last edited by Hoopster; 11/09/2011 at 09:53 PM.
    am unable to load catalog app, movie store app, gplus app properly. after each soft reset, they work properly only for a while and i keep getting back to square one again "not connected to the internet" though other apps were functioning ok.
    i am firm to finger this problem on 3.0.4, bearing in mind I've doctored 3.0.2 prior and no 3rd party apps from preware were used.
    Hi all. I have come across an issue which to me has exposed itself just after I upgraded to 3.0.4. The facts are that my pictures have stopped syncing with Facebook. Now I have about half a dozen empty folders , which I cannot even delete from the albums list.

I have found another thread where other touchpad users are describing similar problem under 3.0.2,...so I am not entirely sure whether is linked to the 3.0.4 OTA or not; however I am hoping a solution can be provided to all of us experiencing same problem.
    when I try to us the tp on a private network with no internet connectivity but with a webserver, it keeps popping up error:no internet connectivity over and over and I can not bring up the private webserver.
    Quote Originally Posted by florinadelaide View Post
    Hi all. I have come across an issue which to me has exposed itself just after I upgraded to 3.0.4. The facts are that my pictures have stopped syncing with Facebook. Now I have about half a dozen empty folders , which I cannot even delete from the albums list.

I have found another thread where other touchpad users are describing similar problem under 3.0.2,...so I am not entirely sure whether is linked to the 3.0.4 OTA or not; however I am hoping a solution can be provided to all of us experiencing same problem.
    you tried my method? off the TP and switch back to see if it will sync.
    Two very specific bugs in the browser:

Overflow handling is binary: either none at all or both in x and y direction

When the page does not overflow the canvas so it does not need to scroll to present the whole content, both scrolling directions are disabled: If you try to swipe, it will not "bounce back". If, however, the page overflows in only one direction, e.g. on the bottom, swiping in both the x/y directions is unlocked. When swiping horizontally, the browser window will just "bounce back". This is a reason why some iPad-optimized websites won't work: As soon as page scrolling is unlocked, swipe gestures do not work anymore because swiping will indiscriminately initiate scrolling of the whole page.

Browser canvas height bug when scaling

Observation and some experimenting suggest that the browser initially renders a webpage to the 768 pixels width, then sets the scale so that the content will fit, but does not adjust the height to the new scale accordingly. The result is that shorter pages' backgrounds will stop before reaching the bottom of the display, and pages will assume a wrong height of the canvas which is most prominent when elements are absolutely positioned at the bottom of the canvas (see, for example, the chat windows on the regular Facebook page).
    Quote Originally Posted by A2CKilla View Post
    THE UPDATE DESTROYED MY SPEAKERS!!!!!!..... :_(.....oh my goodness.....i'm so ****ed now...will post a video shortly

EDIT: problem resolved, a quick device restart fixed it, but it's weird that this happened
    Also running 3.0.4 and I've had the same issue where the audio gets distorted. Powering off/on fixes the issue. But this has happened more than once. Not sure what triggers this.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I have an annoying problem that affects the browser. When pinch zooming in on a large webpage, the view will automatically shift up a significant distance, forcing me to scroll back down to where I just was. I didn't notice this before the 3.04 update, but it is pervasive now.

Anyone else with this issue?