Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by friskies64 View Post
    I've gotten that too, as well as the blurry text. If I remember correctly, it happened when I opened a link in a new browser card without switching to it immediately. I had to go to the new card and let it load before going to the original card.
    I'm getting the white screen even after a single browser page has been opened and fully loaded. Extremely annoying and more so considering you are the only user with a similar issue. For instance, I paused while I was writing this post and it went all "white out" on me. I feel like there's nothing I am going to able to do about the problem, just live with it?
    Palm Pre Legacy WebOS 2.1
    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/holley2583/themes, Checkum' Out!
    Do pictures still show in reverse order for folks? This is quite frustrating as I don't understand how this could be overlooked.
    MikeM2010 and chaosdivine like this.
    Do pictures still show in reverse order for folks? This is quite frustrating as I don't understand how this could be overlooked.
    I am glad someone asked this. And how about the ability to sort the albums so you dont have to scroll through hundreds of them to find what you want!! The Touchpad pic app really sucks but I cannot find a replacement.

Still NOT doing this update until HP fixes the mess they made.
    Quote Originally Posted by chunglau View Post
    Thanks, that works!
    You guys are all welcome. I'm just glad this community is around and is so helpful. We're all in this together in the end so lets pass on the knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    Yes, this is happening to me too. I thought I did it though...I even deleted all my photos and over time the TouchPad re-indexed them but they are still in reverse order or even worse off than that now. Deleting them and re-adding them does not fix this issue.
    Bugville game doesn't detect touch input once the app is first opened. Must press home button to go into card view then maximize the app. After maximizing app, touch input is then recognized, although it takes a second or 2 for the event to register. Once game is loaded, the touch input events register correctly.

Having the sound issues the same as others, works for a while after a restart, have to restart once or twice a day atleast.

Touchscreen is not calibrated as well, mine seems to always be registering higher than where I actually touch. This seems to be in all apps.
    captive portal still doesn't work. meaning its useless at any free wifi locaton >.<
    Captive portal works fine here. I was quite surprised yesterday when I went to use it in the lobby of a Hotel, and it didn't come up - but then it came up when I was in a room in the Hotel. Buzzards.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Bug in: Unlock screen
    Short info: unlock circle is not movable and "drag up to unlock" message does not appear during USB cable charging

Description:
    Unlock function has erratic behavior when using power button to light up the screen in USB cable charging mode. Unlock circle is not movable and "drag up to unlock" message does not appear.
    I updated my TP to 3.04 and now when I unplug or plug in my headphones I loose all sound. I can restart my TP and get the sound back until I plug in or unplug my headphones. I completed a reset and updated TP again and I am still having that problem.
    I was having serious SQLite bug problems and tried many things to get my apps working again but nothing worked. All the SQLite problems I was having went away after I did the emergency patch removal and restarted. After that I was able to reinstall new versions of the patches that were designed to work with 3.0.4 and so far my apps all still work whereas before many were hanging on startup or features requiring SQLite were failing to work.
    The new camera and the 3rd party camsea apps i had before stop working.I had 3 web chat support sessions... No help at all. Spelling going crazy. I disable and still working by itself. I use to have a camera, know i dont.
    My touchpad just erased itself when I tried to turn bluetooth off. Really ****ed about that. Happen to anyone else? I've about had it with trying to use this tablet for anything even semi serious.
    I don't think I posted this...

When the TP (at least mine) is laying flat on a surface the bottom corners of the screen seem to nearly turn off as for as touch sensitivity. You can tap a control in the bottom corner (left or right) for 10 minutes with out registering the tap. Tip it at a slight angle and it works perfect again... very odd I wish I used the prior software build more to be 100% certain that it worked properly, but from what I recall it didn't behave this way before. I'm not going backward though so I'll just wait for another update and deal.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM2010 View Post
    I am glad someone asked this. And how about the ability to sort the albums so you dont have to scroll through hundreds of them to find what you want!! The Touchpad pic app really sucks but I cannot find a replacement.

Still NOT doing this update until HP fixes the mess they made.
    I didn't want to do the update either and decided on delaying the installation until I came home one day and it installed on its own!
    isilo does not scroll
    Getting the dreaded OS version 9.9.9 when using the 3.0.4 doctor on 4G Touchpads from AT&T -- result is that device restore does not work, and that most apps are unavailable in the app catalog
    I am having speaker issues. After a while the sound becomes metallic, rasping. Restaring pulse audio does not help. Restarting the device does help. Happens randomly.
    I have an issue with the App Catalog since 3.0.4
    Downloads and updates always fail. Getting the note to clear space on the device, but I only used half of it! Deleted some files, though. Now device info tells me there's 19 GB free space on it, but I still can't download anything!
    tried Emergency Patch Recovery - nothing changed!

Update: After doctoring my TP I couldn't install Preware properly. Erasing all apps and USB drive as well solved this problem, and the App Catalog finally is working well.
    But now I have that sound issue as described above! Whatever killed the sound completely in 3.0.2. now crashes it to a metallic jangling blurry sound! Pulse Audio Restarter does not solve this problem, neither does a luna restart. You have to restart the device to fix it.
    Last edited by bibiana; 11/06/2011 at 03:15 PM.
    1. - Screen will go white randomly - not just on web as for others (happens often in Preware, mail app and a couple of times in Kindle. Touch it and it returns to life.

2 - WiFi connection is frequently lost. Have to toggle WiFi off/on to reestablish (yes, I have a D-Link DIR-655 router which seems to be particularly problematic for the Touchpad). Happened with 3.02 as well, but, it is *much* more frequent with 3.04.

3 - Battery drains faster than with WebOS 3.02.

4 - Touch sensitivity in corners is very poor (seemed to be an issue with 3.02 as well). It is particularly noticeable in Preware when I am trying to tap the back arrow and in the browser for anything in corners. Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 presses to read the touch. Installing Buttah seems to have helped somewhat.

5 - I did have the "Muffle System Logging" update issue, but the procedure listed in this forum (emergency patch recovery) solved that problem.

6 - Occasional freezes in Kindle app. Can't turn pages, but, if I minimize to a card and then bring the app full screen again, it works. Sometimes pages will turn on their own as well. I did not notice this in 3.0.2 and I read 8 books with none of these problems.
    Last edited by Hoopster; 11/09/2011 at 09:28 PM.