Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Screen turns white usually while using browser, but touching the screen snaps it out of it. On several occasions and becoming more frequent and annoying is this white screen while using the browser. At first I was closing out the page and re-opening to get rid of the blank white screen until I noticed all I have to do is touch the screen to get back to whatever webpage I was on. I have searched but have not found any others with this annoying issue...I'm really not sure what's causing this as its not a particular website. I will continue to edit as the problem persists and if it worsens or starts occurring with other apps other than the browser. If you have any idea as to what I should do to remedy short of having to call HP, please share.

I do not have "private browser patch" installed
    Palm Pre Legacy WebOS 2.1
    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/holley2583/themes, Checkum' Out!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosdivine View Post
    I had the muffle logging error too - but fixed it, here's how...
    1) in the search text box at the top right hand corner of this forum, type 3.0.4 Patch Issues and go to page 4. A few others talk about the error on the previous pages but the answer is on page 4 - basically follow the directions. Thanks to Stevesrjr86. This is from memory...may not be word for word...
    2) In Preware, UPDATE your SAVED PACKAGE LIST by going under the menu in the top left hand side of the page under the words PREWARE. There will be a little button below your list of installed patches that says update...click it. You will use this list later since installing things one by one is a royal P.I.T.A.
    3) In the Preware search field (top right hand area there is a magnifying glass button - click it) and search for Emergency. A bunch of returns will show up. You want Emergency Patch Recovery. Install it...it will do its thing and remove all your patches. It will do a full reboot of the TP.
    4) Run Preware again, restore your patches by going to the saved package list again and clicking INSTALL ALL. Since you saved an updated list, you just saved minutes from your life.

It worked for me. Muffle Logging was gone. I chose to reinstall the 3.0.4 version and it worked fine. All other patches installed fine too.

Hope this helps you.
    Thanks, that works!
    when I tried to install emergency it said could not resolve host .... is the site overloaded for ipkg.preware.org?
    AWESOME!! It worked thank you guys so much, even seems that the pad is running faster.
    a few issues (not bugs) that I wanted to point out that are really irritating for me:

When I type I some text fields the whole page moves down a small amount when I press a key on the keyboard, to the point when I can't see what I have typed anymore. Scrolling back up stops this behaviour, but moving focus to another field and back again causes this to reappear. It's doing it while I type in this field for instance.

another is the cookie issue. When I log into precentral.net for example, it shows me the redirection page, and then back to the forums, but I am not logged in.
    Pre 3 & TouchPad. Flying in the face of the jesusPhone!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhargett View Post
    UPDATED AGAIN:

*Deleted my music
    --- Never figured this out, suspect that it was because I had my "Music" and "Video" folders outside of the "Downloads" folder

*Dumped my videos
    --- See above

*Neutered Preware
    --- Reinstalled PreWare, still get error message about certain feeds, but usable

*Disabled CyanogenMod7 Alpha (but left hard drive allocation)
    --- This was to be expected. I was able to remove and reinstall CM7A2

*Wiped game high scores
    --- Completely inexplicable

*Broke the sound in SuperSonic HD game (jewels now sound like small explosions)
    --- Apparently this is linked to the sound distortion issue

*Nullified homebrew
    --- This was expected. As updates have come available I have installed them

*Trashed Amazon Kindle (can't open any of my books, tells me to archive and re-download, still won't work)
    --- Solution: Remove and re-install Amazon Kindle Beta. Works now.

*Wrecked GrooveShark so it won't play consecutive tracks, hangs 30 sec before track ends
    --- The reason for this appears to be with the "caching" of the next track. Grooveshark begins downloading the following track 30 seconds before the end of the current one.

*Burns up battery 20% faster now.
    --- After applying the new updates and turning off what logging I could, the performance improved, but it's still burning up about 10% faster.

*Having sound distortion issue, restarting pulseaudio fixes, but annoying
    --- One of the more frustrating issues. Like others have seen, even "restarting" Pulse Audio isn't helping. I have to completely restart the device.

*Drops wifi pretty regularly
    --- No improvement here, yet. I'll be surfing and suddenly the signal will turn off. Once I had to actually delete the stored wifi profile to get it back.

* Web Browser failure
    --- After updating the "Private Browsing" patch, my TouchPad soundly rejected the patch, going so far as to not allow the built-in browser to even load. Removed patch to get browser functional again.
    Updating Again, and before anybody asks, yes, these are all problems which began AFTER updating to 3.0.4:

* NomNomNom munches no more
    --- Uninstalled, re-installed, simply shows my summary page then when I attempt to open "All," it sits and spins. Left running for 5 minutes, still no progress.

* Advanced Browser gets fuzzy
    --- If I'm viewing a page in Card A and open a link in Card B, one in 20 times Advanced Browser "background blurs" Card A for Card B, but when Card A is maximized again, the content of the web page viewed in Card A stays blurred. Also, when watching a YouTube video, and shutting down browser mid-video, audio continues to play. Could this be a clue to the audio distortion problem, as audio gets lodged in system memory?

* WiFi Getting Worse
    --- Losing signal with greater consistency now. Had to attempt to download PicSel Smart Office 5 times this morning, due to downloads failing because of intermittent wifi signal loss. Yesterday, WebOS wifi couldn't even grab the signal on company public network all day, rebooted into CyanogenMod 7 and connected on first try.
    After the (forced) upgrade, I find my wifi connection strength to be only 2 bars. Was getting full signal before the update.

The Touchpad is in exactly the same location as before and the router has not moved either. did a cold restart of the router (twice). Definitely the wifi sensitivity is worse now.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosdivine View Post
    I had the muffle logging error too - but fixed it, here's how...
    1) in the search text box at the top right hand corner of this forum, type 3.0.4 Patch Issues and go to page 4. A few others talk about the error on the previous pages but the answer is on page 4 - basically follow the directions. Thanks to Stevesrjr86. This is from memory...may not be word for word...
    2) In Preware, UPDATE your SAVED PACKAGE LIST by going under the menu in the top left hand side of the page under the words PREWARE. There will be a little button below your list of installed patches that says update...click it. You will use this list later since installing things one by one is a royal P.I.T.A.
    3) In the Preware search field (top right hand area there is a magnifying glass button - click it) and search for Emergency. A bunch of returns will show up. You want Emergency Patch Recovery. Install it...it will do its thing and remove all your patches. It will do a full reboot of the TP.
    4) Run Preware again, restore your patches by going to the saved package list again and clicking INSTALL ALL. Since you saved an updated list, you just saved minutes from your life.

It worked for me. Muffle Logging was gone. I chose to reinstall the 3.0.4 version and it worked fine. All other patches installed fine too.

Hope this helps you.
    Big thanks! I was having the same problem and now it's solved!
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Black TouchPad 32Gb running smooth @1.8Ghz/F15c kernel - White Veer-DigitalUnlock(ed)
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    I have a HTC Sensation, which supports Message Access Profile on Bluetooth. The SMS Messages portion is enabled on the Sensation.

However, when I phone-tether to my 3.0.4 Touchpad, I can only route calls; the Touchpad only sees the Call function for enabling. I'd like to be able to SMS from the Touchpad too; and it says in th 3.0.4 documentation that it will work with MAP enabled phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranchlizard View Post
    I noticed the same. I went from 61% to 45% overnight, a loss of 16%. Usually I only lose 5% or so max overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post
    Exactly the same amount as myself. From 100% (12AM) to 84% by 7AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Pulled mine off TS 2 1/2 hours ago (turned WiFi off when I pulled it off), still at 100%
    I'm noticing the same thing. It seems to be discharging at a rate of just over 2% per hour. Also, my wifi is set to turn off when it goes into sleep.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    The recent update 3.0.4 totally mess my speaker. Speaker sound started acting up Cracking sound. Its like a plastic covering the speaker. I had to restart my touchpad to make it work. Thats only way to fix the issue is by restarting device. Also anyone else having loose screen on the top left by the 3.5 jack??? Adhensive is not holding the screen.
    After updating to webos 3.04 I have experienced problems with certain games like Supersonic HD, Bug village, and Gunbros.

Supersonic HD- Steering isn't as responsive and sound is distorted when picking up diamonds.

Bug village- I am unable to press the play button unless I card the app then resume.

Gunbros- the game runs choppy unless I card the app then resume it.

Before updating I uninstalled all patches and my device was not overclocked. These apps worked fine before the update. I have read numerous threads with others experiencing similar issues.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...r-3-0-4-a.html

please look into this. Thanks.
    Last edited by sam09m; 10/27/2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: changed Install to uninstall
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Installed the 3.04 update yesterday. Reinstalled all the recommended patches that I deinstalled be the upgrade and everything "seems" to work ok. However, I definitely see an increase of battery drainage.
    Twice now my sound became distorted. A restart fixed the issue both times. This never happened before 3.04. I don't know what triggered it, it seemed random. I have seen others post with the same problem. Hope this is fixed soon or doesn't happen again.
    still having issues trying to log in to profile after update restart. i thought it was a problem with my profile but i can login online. i realized that it s connecting to my network but right before it goes to the acknowlegement it says its connected but cannot access internet. I tried reseting my router, updated my router, removed security password... still says it does not have internet access and wont let me log-in....

*note: my galaxy s2, evo 3d, hp laptop have no issues connecting to router with or w/out a password! it sucks that i cant even sign in!
    *2:39am note: have kept trying and a couple of times it has told me i no longer have a wifi connection and asks me to connect to a new network. have again reset router and also modem just in case. everything else connects fine! router is a netgear n150 wnr1000 wireless router
    Last edited by arrocha87; 10/28/2011 at 02:44 AM. Reason: info added
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hemster View Post
    After the (forced) upgrade, I find my wifi connection strength to be only 2 bars. Was getting full signal before the update.

The Touchpad is in exactly the same location as before and the router has not moved either. did a cold restart of the router (twice). Definitely the wifi sensitivity is worse now.
    That might not be a 3.0.4 issue. I'm still on 3.0.2. My TP usually sits in my Touchstone dock about 3 feet from the router. Normally it shows full WiFi signal strength (3 bars), but sometimes inexplicably it drops to 2 bars, and nothing will make it go up again. A while later it will recover to 3 bars, again for no apparent reason. But there's no apparent effect on the connection quality or speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by hemster View Post

Same issue for me... Signal strenght is worse now. And wifi issue more often than before (lack of connection even wifi seem to be connected).
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    i have the same issue with the speaker.
    Then wordpress app doesnt work.
    And lost wifi connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by arrocha87 View Post
    still having issues trying to log in to profile after update restart. i thought it was a problem with my profile but i can login online. i realized that it s connecting to my network but right before it goes to the acknowlegement it says its connected but cannot access internet. I tried reseting my router, updated my router, removed security password... still says it does not have internet access and wont let me log-in....

*note: my galaxy s2, evo 3d, hp laptop have no issues connecting to router with or w/out a password! it sucks that i cant even sign in!
    *2:39am note: have kept trying and a couple of times it has told me i no longer have a wifi connection and asks me to connect to a new network. have again reset router and also
    modem just in case. everything else connects fine! router is a netgear n150 wnr1000 wireless router
    can someone please help with this? i brought it to work and tried signing in to two different networks with no security and still says it cannot connect to the internet in this connection and try another! i,cant sign in to my profile w/out wifi! imma pull my hair out!
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Screen turns white usually while using browser, but touching the screen snaps it out of it. On several occasions and becoming more frequent and annoying is this white screen while using the browser. At first I was closing out the page and re-opening to get rid of the blank white screen until I noticed all I have to do is touch the screen to get back to whatever webpage I was on. I have searched but have not found any others with this annoying issue...I'm really not sure what's causing this as its not a particular website. I will continue to edit as the problem persists and if it worsens or starts occurring with other apps other than the browser. If you have any idea as to what I should do to remedy short of having to call HP, please share.

I do not have "private browser patch" installed
    I've gotten that too, as well as the blurry text. If I remember correctly, it happened when I opened a link in a new browser card without switching to it immediately. I had to go to the new card and let it load before going to the original card.