Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by uprisingchuns View Post
    i can confirm this as well, was doing the update while on the touchstone charger, after the update, it no longer was charging my touchpad with the case on
    Interesting. Mine still works fine in both orientations and with the HP case on...
    Soorma likes this.
    my magazine subscription apps are not downloading new issues. And worse, my time magazines that I have downloaded are gone from my touchpad and the app is asking me to download them again... But I cannot because the update won't let me download issues.

I also noticed that I have this warning
    Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter

I have around 2 gigs left on my 32gb touchpad. And it has warned me I cannot download or update any apps...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johnj2803; 10/18/2011 at 03:53 PM.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    POP e-mail Trash folder no longer has menu option to Empty Trash???
    Swami#WN and hjepstein like this.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post
    They lowered the sensitivity of the inductive sensor. With a case on, it will not charge in portrait mode (some report in neither orientation). Take the case off, and it charges without issue.
    Can anyone else verify an issue with this (or no issue with it)?
    I can confirm 2 bugs posted earlier:

1) Tab key in xterm: A '9' is output when pressing tab in xterm on both Bluetooth and onscreen keyboards

2) autocorrect will aggressively correct a word as I type using the onscreen keyboard. The abnormal autocorrect behavior appears only while typing in the middle of a sentence. The aggressive autocorrect is characterized by changing text prior to completing the word, prior to pressing the enter key or spacebar. The TP will also correct as I delete characters, making deletion difficult. Again, this bug only appears if I am typing in the middle of a block of text with the onscreen keyboard.

As long as I am adding characters to the end of a block of text, autocorrect functions normally. *Note: I verified that I do not have this issue when typing with a Bluetooth keyboard.
    Last edited by Willard; 10/18/2011 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I can verify that my 32GB Day 1 Touchpad with an HP case <does> charge on the Touchstone in both portrait and landscape mode
    Soorma likes this.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    That's good news, I don't wanna remove my case.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    I hope that is not the case when I update. A change like that would render the case obsolete in my opinion.
    I should clarify upon my post. It charges through the back of the case, but it won't charge through the flap(front cover folded back) and the back of the case. I hope that clears it up for people.

edit: im not using a stock hp case. I'm using a poetic leather case
    Screen sensitivity seems changed. I keep popping out to card view trying to scroll. This happened to some degree before the update, but it seems more pronounced now, yet I still have the issue where I may have to tap several times to select an item. Prior to the update I had one of the sensitivity patches installed, but I removed all patches prior to update. I also did a device restart before and after the update. I'm sure there will be patches to adjust this, but I thought I'd mention it.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  10.    #30  
    **NOTE**

Please use the format in the main post for reporting bugs. Any off-topic posts will be deleted. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Market Pulse HD will not load up after launching. It just sits in the "pulse" mode and stagnates. Rebooted, still not loading. Ugh...
    The update was pretty smooth. The only thing that is broken is that App Catalog link now open the App Catalog with a blank page instead of loading the App page.

The following link was opening my app page properly before 3.0.4 :

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...blackboardmath

Now it opens a blank page. This issue has been reported by at least one other developer in the Palm dev forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukabu View Post
    The update was pretty smooth. The only thing that is broken is that App Catalog link now open the App Catalog with a blank page instead of loading the App page.

The following link was opening my app page properly before 3.0.4 :

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...blackboardmath

Now it opens a blank page. This issue has been reported by at least one other developer in the Palm dev forums.
    That's odd; app catalog is working for me on 3.04; on the bright side, I just now saw your app and have downloaded it, and will be doing so for my daughter's Touchpad as well!
    I noticed a minor issue with Skype video chat.

If I use a PC without a webcam to call my Touchpad, the little webcam icon
    on the upper right doesn't appear. This means I can't show my face to the
    PC without webcam. Under 3.02, I could press the webcam icon and
    the the PC without webcame can see my face.

Strangely, if I initiate the call from the Touchpad to the PC without webcam,
    the webcam icon does appear on the Touchpad. If I press it, the PC without
    webcam can see my face.

Probably just a minor bug....
    Some fles on the kalemsoft video player app seem to have distorted sound now - altough they worked fine before the update?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Panhandle View Post
    I didn't uninstall my patches before updating. (probably should have). Afterword, some of the patches were showing as installed, but not actually working.

ie: remove ripple patch was showing as installed under preware, but the ripple was there after the update. I uninstalled the patch and reinstalled (luna restart everytime of course) and now the patch works.

now I have to find out witch patches are working and which are not. might just uninstall/re-install all of them. I have all the normal patches that are thought to improve performance. muffling, increase touch sensitivity, etc.

fyi: confirmed patches not working after update

remove ripple
    advanced reset options
    private browsing option
    That's weird, advanced reset is working for me , after reinstalling it....
    when in usb mode, if you look at the properties of the drive it shows only 27.5gb available in total on a 32gb model. Is this correct?! Not sure if it was like this before the update?
    After removing Uberkernel and all patches, then upgrading to 3.04 (very pleased overall). Was chagrined to find that Preware v1.8.3 errors out on startup as seen in the grainy attached screenshot. No patches show up. Tried connecting via WOSQI; patches show up, some of which work, several of which do not:
    - No video pause on minimize
    - Muffle system logging
    - show filenames
    - private browsing

Tried Preware again; same thing. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Preware. Same thing.
    Is this happening, since not all of the feeds have had their content validated against 3.04, so should just hold my horses or are others seeing similar?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I can verify. I'm using a Targus Truss and had no problems charging on the touchstone with 3.0.2. I can't charge using the touchstone at all now unless I remove the case...which defeats the purpose of having a case.

Just called HP--they want me to reinstall. They claim they are having no problems charging with a Targus Truss case and 3.0.4. I have to wait for my TP to charge enough first before I can doctor. Will report results after doctoring.
    Last edited by elsie2; 10/18/2011 at 04:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyTP View Post
    Interesting. Mine still works fine in both orientations and with the HP case on...
    My US TP 32GB also charges normally in portrait and landscape with the (awful) TP case on. No issues at all.

Paired with Nokia N8 (with a few erroneous errors that I ignored, and they went away) first time. All contacts can be seen on the TP.

Go 'Phone & Video Calls' -> Dialpad -> manually type in 121 for vodafone voicemail (can't find a way to save this number anywhere on the TP) -> Call with N8 -> my phone makes the call and the sound is diverted over the TP -> then it immediately pops up a warning message on the TP saying 'Unable to connect, Call cannot be placed through this devive. Please try placing the call through your phone instead'.

However:

The TP is still connected to the phone and all audio is still coming through the TP, but the TP will now become completely incapable of doing anything with the call and the 'Phone & Video' app becomes unstable and completely unresponsive on the the dial pad.

The call then has to be ended by hanging up the phone. Each time this happens (every single call) after I have hung up I get a 'Missed call' notification in the top area from 'Unknown number' even though I made an out going call each time.

This is a shockingly poor quality FW update. Thanks for nothing HP.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast