Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    problem with using pReader (either Native or Apps Catalog) got stuck midway. Will not advance in page. And each time I close it and open the apps again, it will have to reload the book. Reading in mobi format.

Also each time when I open either of them, they stuff up preware, i.e. preware get stuck on 'reading saved packages'

I have this problem with pReader immediately after upgrade (without any patches) and since, with or without new Uberkernel switched on.

Could someone suggest other eReader in the meantime?

32Gb Touchpad, 3.0.4, Uberkernel on.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemytp View Post
    problem with using pReader (either Native or Apps Catalog) got stuck midway. Will not advance in page. And each time I close it and open the apps again, it will have to reload the book. Reading in mobi format.

Also each time when I open either of them, they stuff up preware, i.e. preware get stuck on 'reading saved packages'

I have this problem with pReader immediately after upgrade (without any patches) and since, with or without new Uberkernel switched on.

Could someone suggest other eReader in the meantime?

32Gb Touchpad, 3.0.4, Uberkernel on.
    Why not use the kindle app? you can convert almost any ebook to work with it using calibre. and there is a sideloading app in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotatoslacker View Post
    Why not use the kindle app? you can convert almost any ebook to work with it using calibre. and there is a sideloading app in preware.
    Thanks for the tip. Did not know about Kindle Import apps.
    Works wonderfully for my Kindle.
    Not worried about Calibre for now.

Once again, thanks.
    Asphalt6, SuperSudoku and Hot Pursuit, not working properly. Others have identified this problem as related to Accelerometer since 3.0.4. Not sure if the problem lies with the game developers or with HP WebOS.
    TP 16Go - 3.0.4.
    When in HP Touchstone Charging Dock, time is not correctly refreshed !
    see my link :
    http://www.autourdupc.com/webos304bug.jpg
    Time of the main clock is still at the time I put the TP on the dock. The real time is at upper right corner.
    I'm also experiencing the Auto Dim bug. I enable and disable it repeatedly, and also restart the touchpad, but Auto Dim will NOT turn off! It's maddening! I only wish there was a preware patch.

Also, while auto-correct (typing) was quite useful in 3.0.2, it's offensively intrusive now. Why would anyone think it's a good idea to "correct" my spelling by completely rewriting a word I haven't finished typing yet? Seriously, the feature went from useful to invasive and prohibitively annoying between -.2 and -.4.

HP, if you're listening, FIX THESE NEWLY-CREATED BUGS!
    Last edited by WesleyTP; 10/25/2011 at 02:23 AM.
    Never construe anything I ever say as legal advice. Never. Instead, consult a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction, which means someone other than me.
    updated 3.0.4 and now i get is a blank white screen when i launch the browser.... help wifi is ok mail and facebook works etc fine

i get errors when i try remove Preware Private Browsing

stuck with a touchpad that carnt surf atm grrrrrrrrrrr thinkin of Reinstall WebOS and starting again help plz i have installed preware and reinstalled still no joy
    Also getting the distorted audio bug. Damn

For clarity:
    1) Auto dim won't disable
    2) Intrusive auto correct
    3) Distorted audio

NOT ONE of these issues existed before 3.0.4
    Never construe anything I ever say as legal advice. Never. Instead, consult a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction, which means someone other than me.
    Since 3.0.4 installed itself OTA, I can't disable advanced gestures in the screen settings. I have toggled on and off a dozen times now, rebooted, etc. The swipe up to minimize is always on no matter what I do. This was certainly not and issue before 3.0.4. I'm hoping someone has a solution, as I find this gesture to be too sensitive and annoying.
    Hi, I have the touchpad 32GB and have all my homebrew installed. Can I do the new web os update and will the homebrew fix any bug issues once the new webos is on. Or is it better to remove the homebrew and associated patches and applications and then install the update.

thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    My only issue is that my Yahoo mail isn't downloading or giving notifications unless I open the email app. This is happening for both mine and my wife's mail accounts on separate touchpads.
    I'm not getting notifications for either of my email accounts or Facebook. I checked the menus and notifications are on.
    Quote Originally Posted by fragger View Post
    updated 3.0.4 and now i get is a blank white screen when i launch the browser.... help wifi is ok mail and facebook works etc fine
    Its most likely the "Private Browsing Patch" Uninstall that and it should work. There is a thread regarding the private browsing update. It doesn't work right.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistryp View Post
    Hi, I have the touchpad 32GB and have all my homebrew installed. Can I do the new web os update and will the homebrew fix any bug issues once the new webos is on. Or is it better to remove the homebrew and associated patches and applications and then install the update.

thank you
    Stay on 3.0.2. (There are a number of posts in this thread that show you how to stay on 3.0.2 and to block the nag notifications that 3.0.4 is available).

Too many critical bugs in 3.0.4.

But if you must, I would remove all patches first. There are no patches yet that fix any of 3.0.4's critical issues.
    After updating my TP I found the browser (both versions!) working badly. Very slow in finding and opening sites, some of them won't open at all. Apps like radio.de need now a lot of time to find anything. So I am not amused, since I use the TP primarily for surfing and reading.

Solution: Find an older version of webOS doctor (for example 3.0.2, the last stable version) an reset your TP. Happy days are back!

Now I'm looking forward to the next update (3.0.6, maybe in december?)...
    Quote Originally Posted by HellionPrime View Post
    Its most likely the "Private Browsing Patch" Uninstall that and it should work. There is a thread regarding the private browsing update. It doesn't work right.
    i fixed it by reinstalling webos works fine and haven't installed "Private Browsing Patch"
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This is the thread for reporting bugs in webOS 3.0.4 (build 77). Special rules apply to this thread, so please read before you post.

This thread isn't for general chat.

We also aren't going to use if for general complaints and rants.

We're going to keep it clean, specific, and organized in order for HP to have easy access to confirmed bugs.

Keep your replies to either confirm a posted 'bug' by another member, or to list a possible new bug.

Please follow the criteria laid out below in both confirmations and posting of possible new bugs.

Thanks for your help and understanding.

Tips for recording a great bug

1. Identify
    Proper identification of a bug is the most important thing when it comes to reporting a bug. If something happens only once is it really a bug? Itís also important to be able to know the different between expected behavior and unexpected behavior, sometimes things we perceive are bugs are not bugs at all, however when it doubt assume itís a bug.
    2. Isolate
    Take all other factors out of the equation. Although preware is likely not the issue, itís best to ensure a bug continues to appear with no software that could interfere
    3. Describe
    Others rely on what you say is a bug to attempt to replicate, and verify that it is a bug. Be descriptive, make sure you list enough information for someone else to come behind you and know exactly what you are talking about.
    4. Replicate
    So you found a bug and you have isolated, now itís time to replicate. Itís important to replicate the bug so you can document exact steps it takes to reproduce the bug. This is key for further testing.
    5. Verify
    Once you have replicated that is a bug verify, post it in the forums and let others attempt to make sure they see what you see, as others post bugs you can do the same.

Other key tips when filing your bug

1. Make your bug the first thing people see. The first line of your post should be the bug you have experienced.
    2. Donít write a wall of text. If there is a giant wall of text most people are just going to pass it by. Bullet list if possible.
    3. Make sense and use proper grammar. Thatís not to say that we should all be 100 percent perfect English, but someone coming behind you shouldnít have a hard time reading what you wrote.
    4. Document, document, document. While avoiding number 2 you want to document as much information as you can
    5. Include a screen shot if possible.

Questions to answer

The following questions are questions you can easily answer that are going to help discern as much as possible what the bug is.

1. Give a brief description of what happened.
    2. Do you receive any error messages?
    3. What are the expected results?
    4. What application exhibits the symptom?
    5. What account does the symptom appear in? (e.g. Facebook, Google etc)
    6. Have you downloaded an application outside of the App Catalog?
    a. If so, what application and where from?
    7. What are you doing when the issue happens?
    8. When did the symptom first appear?
    9. How frequently does the symptom occur?
    10. Can you tie the issue back to a specific action or does it appear to be random?
    11. Can you effectively replicate the issue?
    . List exact steps to replicate issue
    12. Is something else involved besides the webOS device? (e.g. Accessory/Computer/Wireless router)
    . Manufacturer :
    a. Model Number:
    b. Version / Revision:
    c. Year:
    13. Can HP contact you for further questions and or log files? (yes or no)***

***Further communication with HP would likely be through the private message feature in Precentral unless otherwise noted.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    XTerm broken. I sought to setup USBnet, but can't get xterm to go past the informational screen. Xecutah seems to work just fine, but no xterm! Yes, I know to launch it after Xecutah.
    Muffle system logging has a new update. Tried installing the update, and I keep getting the IPKG error that it cannot run "IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT..". Tried uninstalling it, but get the same IPKG error. Has anyone been able to get that to work on 3.0.4?
    Gemini File manager fails to download any large file (> 1 MB) from dropbox after the update. Can anyone try repeat that?
    Quote Originally Posted by chunglau View Post
    Muffle system logging has a new update. Tried installing the update, and I keep getting the IPKG error that it cannot run "IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT..". Tried uninstalling it, but get the same IPKG error. Has anyone been able to get that to work on 3.0.4?
    me too, trying removing, bunch of same errors...
    Quote Originally Posted by chunglau View Post
    I had the muffle logging error too - but fixed it, here's how...
    1) in the search text box at the top right hand corner of this forum, type 3.0.4 Patch Issues and go to page 4. A few others talk about the error on the previous pages but the answer is on page 4 - basically follow the directions. Thanks to Stevesrjr86. This is from memory...may not be word for word...
    2) In Preware, UPDATE your SAVED PACKAGE LIST by going under the menu in the top left hand side of the page under the words PREWARE. There will be a little button below your list of installed patches that says update...click it. You will use this list later since installing things one by one is a royal P.I.T.A.
    3) In the Preware search field (top right hand area there is a magnifying glass button - click it) and search for Emergency. A bunch of returns will show up. You want Emergency Patch Recovery. Install it...it will do its thing and remove all your patches. It will do a full reboot of the TP.
    4) Run Preware again, restore your patches by going to the saved package list again and clicking INSTALL ALL. Since you saved an updated list, you just saved minutes from your life.

It worked for me. Muffle Logging was gone. I chose to reinstall the 3.0.4 version and it worked fine. All other patches installed fine too.

Hope this helps you.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 10/25/2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: fine tuned things