Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gassyjoe View Post
    Okay, an odd development. I took my TP with me to my in-laws and tried Splashtop there and it connected just fine. So I then decided to try it at a local fast food joint with free wifi and it worked fine there. Took the TP back home and it still hands on "connecting to your computer" though. Seems it's only having an issue when the TP is connected to my home wireless. Like I said previously, Splashtop worked fine everywhere I tried it (so at home too) back when I was running WebOS 3.0.2. I've reset/rebooted my wireless router and that doesn't seem to help.

Has anybody else having Splashtop issues with 3.0.4 tried using it from somewhere other than their home network?
    Splashtop has some serious bugs at the moment. It's been almost 30 days since release and they have not fixed anything yet though they promise they will.

Monitor their threads here - oh and post your own help ticket, I did.

Splashtop Remote - Support : Q&A - webOS devices
    Updating to 3.0.4 seems to break Splashtop on my TP as well. Like others reporting this problem my TP just sits and spins on "Connecting to your computer" screen. Trying to connect to a Win7-64 machine that worked fine on 3.0.2.
    Post your problem on their website, they need to know this.

Splashtop Remote - Support : Q&A - webOS devices
    Quote Originally Posted by elsie2 View Post
    I can verify. I'm using a Targus Truss and had no problems charging on the touchstone with 3.0.2. I can't charge using the touchstone at all now unless I remove the case...which defeats the purpose of having a case.

Just called HP--they want me to reinstall. They claim they are having no problems charging with a Targus Truss case and 3.0.4. I have to wait for my TP to charge enough first before I can doctor. Will report results after doctoring.
    same problem here. No charging with the the case
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I Have overclock to 1.5 now it's 1.188 with the update what happen!!
    @1969bob
    Did you install the new kernel?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    download PulseAudio Restarter. it works and only takes a few seconds.
    I got this sound problem too. Have installed PulseAudio Restarter, but its does work for me. Is there anymore solution to solve this problem.
    Thanks.
    Has anybody else having Splashtop issues with 3.0.4 tried using it from somewhere other than their home network?
    It still works fine for me on LAN.
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    Tab in xterm/ubuntu chroot now gives a "9" character. Should give a tab char (filename completion usually).

(dont think I had any patches in 3.0.2 that would have affected this?)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasons219 View Post
    Confirmed
    There was a fix posted earlier in this thread by James006. In any case it's a problem related only to apps that use the Xserver and is fixed in Xserver 0.9.6.

So we should mark this one as "fixed".
    I encountered a problem with messaging after update to 3.0.4. Somehow I cannot receive message from my friends with my yahoo account while my skype account works well. (I still can send message and my friends can receive them in both account) I have tried remove my yahoo account and then add again, restart device but it doesnt work. Please help me.
    Any helps are appreciated
    Thanks
    Since the update I'm having trouble accessing some websites. Any forums that I try to visit will hang up the browser progress bar. It will start and then the site will hang before anything comes up on the screem or it will be unable to load. I can't access Precentral, Bikeforums, Redflagdeals, Harmonycentral, Roadbikereview or any other forums that used to be no problem for the browser. If I do a luna restart or device restart the internet will work fine for a minute or two then go back to being unable to load the pages.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappymonkey View Post
    Since the update I'm having trouble accessing some websites. Any forums that I try to visit will hang up the browser progress bar. It will start and then the site will hang before anything comes up on the screem or it will be unable to load. I can't access Precentral, Bikeforums, Redflagdeals, Harmonycentral, Roadbikereview or any other forums that used to be no problem for the browser. If I do a luna restart or device restart the internet will work fine for a minute or two then go back to being unable to load the pages.
    The copy and paste features in 3.0.4 are way better, but the browser is balking often when touching a URL. A page reload usually resolves the problem, but this is pretty inconvenient since the web browser is the Touchpad's most valuable application.

Optimizing the V8 JavaScript engine for 3.0.4 was long overdue, now we just need to see it run perfectly.
    i can send message by Yahoo account with Messenger but can't receive anything
    Well, with all the chaos after the update came out, I decided to wait things out and I've left my TP off for about a week.

I just opened the cover and it was on--when it's on the Touchstone, it seems to turn itself on--is this common?

And the TP updated itself. So much for taking the safe route--the dang thing won't let me!

(I wish my wife would update automatically without waiting for permission...not to mention turning herself on for me... )
    New camera app not working. I get a gray screen and camera icon, nothing else. I've doctored using 3.0.4 version twice, doctored to 3.02 and OTA updated twice; no preware patches or kernels installed, all with same results. Tried using skype before the update and all my recipients saw was a spinning circle. Does not work after 3.0.4 update either. Don't know if the 2 are related. I noticed the free camera app in the catalog is for 3.0.2. I'd like to test this on 3.0.4. Has anyone had success with NuttyBunny's app using 3.0.4? I think if it works I can troubleshoot from there...
    A problem I encountered on both touchpad is that my sound is messed up after the update and the newest govnah and uberkernel! I restarted both devices and that fixed the sound(high pitched sound, like the sound is there but it's just high pitched squeaking type chipmunk), and it worked back to normal. However let it sot for about 10 min then start up a game adphalt 6, or closing an app the squeak came back. Is this a bug? I try searching this post but couldn't find an answer! Also I left all patch as before but uninstalled increase sound lite, and remove ripple effects as those are not working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xterminater View Post
    A problem I encountered on both touchpad is that my sound is messed up after the update and the newest govnah and uberkernel! I restarted both devices and that fixed the sound(high pitched sound, like the sound is there but it's just high pitched squeaking type chipmunk), and it worked back to normal. However let it sot for about 10 min then start up a game adphalt 6, or closing an app the squeak came back. Is this a bug? I try searching this post but couldn't find an answer! Also I left all patch as before but uninstalled increase sound lite, and remove ripple effects as those are not working.
    remove the custom kernels and restart the device. Then see if the problem persists. If not, talk to the developer of the kernel
    Never construe anything I ever say as legal advice. Never. Instead, consult a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction, which means someone other than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Can anyone else verify an issue with this (or no issue with it)?
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post
    They lowered the sensitivity of the inductive sensor. With a case on, it will not charge in portrait mode (some report in neither orientation). Take the case off, and it charges without issue.
    I can verify. I updated today. Now my TP does not charge when placed on my TS when using the same case as before. Granted my case is a cheapo fold-over stand design, but it used to work. No metal, just faux leather and chipboard. TP charges fine naked on the TS.
    Quote Originally Posted by stw4468 View Post
    I can verify. I updated today. Now my TP does not charge when placed on my TS when using the same case as before. Granted my case is a cheapo fold-over stand design, but it used to work. No metal, just faux leather and chipboard. TP charges fine naked on the TS.
    Yeah, I couldn't be bothered anymore with all the bugaboos with 3.0.4. It's too much of a trade off.

3.0.4 bugs:

• Sound isn't as robust (and distorts often. Have to use Pulse Audio restarter too often)
    • Touchstone doesn't charge third party cases and issues with some official cases
    • Accelerometer borked - can't play any games that use it.
    • Tap on email notification email app comes up and the email display panel is empty until you tap the email again.
    • Wifi dropouts

So I'm staying on 3.0.2 (as in went back to) with all the many patches I use [plus overclock...shhhh]. Can certainly live with it. Been livin' with it for a month now.

BTW, I disabled update so it can't update to 3.0.4 nor nag me about it.

Here's how:

Plug your TouchPad to the computer and using WebOSquickinstall on your PC/Mac hit the tools tab and Linux Command shell.

From the linux command line enter:
    Cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon
    killall UpdateDaemon

If you disabled your update you might want to re-enable it at some point.

Cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod +x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /

then restart your Touchpad and automatic updating should be back.
    If I ever learn that things are fixed, I'll move on to that future update. But 3.0.4 is nixie.
    Last edited by VitaminD; 10/23/2011 at 04:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by short_round View Post
    Warthog Kernel worked for me. F4 Phantom didn't and neither the Uberkernel.
    Mine still says I have warthog but now won't show a cpu frequency setting above 1.2ghz .
    Quote Originally Posted by battscrew1 View Post
    same problem here. No charging with the the case
    HP is now aware of the issue. I called in a service request on the day I updated. I finally got to level 3. The level 3 engineer I spoke with had me generate a log from my TP and email it to level 4 support. They are trying to get logs from people having the problem so they can isolate the issue.

So, if you are having the issue please take the time to contact the Butler service and open a service request. Tell them about the problem and that it is a known issue and ask to go directly to level 3. Level 3 will help you generate a log if you don't know how and you can email that off to them. The more information they have from us (and the more service requests they see for this issue), the more likely they are to fix this soon.

FYI--they have a TP in the HP folio case that is charging without a problem. I explained some people were even have an issue with the HP folio. Please remember to tell them what case you are using when you contact HP.