Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    I have a friend (really!) that upgraded, and now QuickOffice isn't listing the several hundred Word and Excel documents he has on the TouchPad. He has verified they are there using USB mode and file explorer. I've had him clean up, cold boot, etc. QuickOffice upgrade this morning didn't help.

Any ideas appreciated - I'll doctor it if necessary, just trying to avoid it.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I just upgraded my 32GB WiFi TouchPad to 3.0.4 77. I got this TouchPad off Craigslist 2 days ago. I removed the Windows theme and used the Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) to remove all patches the previous owner had installed. Then I ran a "Secure Full Erase" in the Reset Options under Device Info. After setting up my TouchPad account, the only modification I have made is to install Preware. I have not installed any Preware apps, themes, or mods yet since I was waiting a few days after the update as Rod has suggested. When I open the AccuWeather app (v. 1.0.0 for TouchPad), I notice my screen brightness drops considerably but after 2-3 seconds it seems to go back to normal. I have tried opening and closing the app several times and I still get this same issue. Not sure if this is just "normal".
    Last edited by MrPre; 10/21/2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Forgot a few things...
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post
    They lowered the sensitivity of the inductive sensor. With a case on, it will not charge in portrait mode (some report in neither orientation). Take the case off, and it charges without issue.

I'm experiencing the same thing. I have a leather RooCase in which the Touchpad charged fine on the Touchstone charger. Now, since the update, it won't charge. I have to take it out of the case to charge it. Very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Skype is gone from tp and from app catalog.

Skype is still on the touchpad. It is part of (integrated into) the phone app and messaging app and accounts app, as it has always been. There is no dedicated Skype app because of this tight integration.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    WiFi performance has definitely gotten worse in 3.0.4.

I get disconnected all the time, and I'm sitting next to the router. This has never happened with 3.0.2.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    Tab in xterm/ubuntu chroot now gives a "9" character. Should give a tab char (filename completion usually).

(dont think I had any patches in 3.0.2 that would have affected this?)
    Confirmed
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sphyg04 View Post
    isilo is extremely laggy after update
    iSilo says in their forum, "We do not have any idea on when this will be fixed. The cause of the problem is somewhere within webOS, where a call by iSilo to update the screen now takes a couple of seconds instead of several milliseconds."
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Still the same bug in the email app. You cannot send an email to a recipient, who is not in your adress book, but a similar adress is in. When pressing "Send", the app corrects the recipient and sends it to the wrong adress. This has nothing to do with autocorrection, this also happens, if it is switched off. This is the most critical bug, I have ever seen!

Here is the instruction, how to reproduce this bug:

1.) Create a new contact in your address book:
    Name: Test1
    Email: test1@touchpad.com

2.)Try to write an email
    Recipient: test@touchpad.com

You have no chance. It will send the email always to test1@touchpad.com !!
    Unbelievable!
    Quote Originally Posted by demichve View Post
    Still the same bug in the email app.
    I was able to replicate this. Was it also in 3.0.2?
    IIIxe -> Zaurus SL-5500 -> Zire 72s -> Curve -> Droid X -> iPad -> TouchPad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by gassyjoe View Post
    Updating to 3.0.4 seems to break Splashtop on my TP as well. Like others reporting this problem my TP just sits and spins on "Connecting to your computer" screen. Trying to connect to a Win7-64 machine that worked fine on 3.0.2.
    Okay, an odd development. I took my TP with me to my in-laws and tried Splashtop there and it connected just fine. So I then decided to try it at a local fast food joint with free wifi and it worked fine there. Took the TP back home and it still hands on "connecting to your computer" though. Seems it's only having an issue when the TP is connected to my home wireless. Like I said previously, Splashtop worked fine everywhere I tried it (so at home too) back when I was running WebOS 3.0.2. I've reset/rebooted my wireless router and that doesn't seem to help.

Has anybody else having Splashtop issues with 3.0.4 tried using it from somewhere other than their home network?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ranchlizard View Post
    I was able to replicate this. Was it also in 3.0.2?
    Yes, already in 3.02
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Was is also missing in the 3.0.2 release?
    It is not 'missing' in the sense it was once there. It is desired functionality. Therefore, it is an enhancement request, not a bug fix.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    I noticed the Battery Drain increased by 50%
    I'm stuck in charging mode.

Who designed this stuff? Thomas Edison?
    Modern Computing devices do not stick you into only a charging screen for hours, they let you use the device while charging.....................
    HP deserves to Fail designing such stupid things
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post
    They lowered the sensitivity of the inductive sensor. With a case on, it will not charge in portrait mode (some report in neither orientation). Take the case off, and it charges without issue.
    I guess YMMV - I use the Poetic case and it charges fine both in landscape and portrait with the case on for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kero View Post
    Accelerometer controls in Asphalt 6 became WAY TOO sensitive with 3.0.4 - to the point it's impossible to play.
    Confirmed - Accelerometer is not right - not just sensitive but seems to lag behind actions.
    Damnit man, my touchpad has been all effed up now after this update. Many of my applications don't work properly any more, I'm only running on a single core at 1.2GHz, and the accelerometer is totally **** UP. My favorite game [Asphalt 6HD] is completely unplayable now. I can't even beat the very first level with the best car because it takes like 2 seconds before it responds to me turning the pad -- not to mention sometimes it even turns the WRONG DIRECTION!! *** is this? I want this OFF OF MY TOUCHPAD NOW. Please tell me how to resort to the previous update. Damn I can't even find the F4Phantom kernel I have been using either. This is a terrible fiasco; I'm so upset now.
    WebOS quick install doesn't see 3.0.4, so it wont let me install preware. :-( Any ideas?
    Exhibition does not start when I place touchpad on touchstone (charging starts).
    Exhibition cannot even be started manually.
    Tried restarting, tried changing checkboxes in settings to no avail.
    I worked nicely in 3.0.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Something224 View Post
    WebOS quick install doesn't see 3.0.4, so it wont let me install preware. :-( Any ideas?
    I can't get it to install either, not sure why. I can open the Linux command line and it looks like a successful install but there is nothing there when done.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPre View Post
    I just upgraded my 32GB WiFi TouchPad to 3.0.4 77. I got this TouchPad off Craigslist 2 days ago. I removed the Windows theme and used the Emergency Patch Recovery (EPR) to remove all patches the previous owner had installed. Then I ran a "Secure Full Erase" in the Reset Options under Device Info. After setting up my TouchPad account, the only modification I have made is to install Preware. I have not installed any Preware apps, themes, or mods yet since I was waiting a few days after the update as Rod has suggested. When I open the AccuWeather app (v. 1.0.0 for TouchPad), I notice my screen brightness drops considerably but after 2-3 seconds it seems to go back to normal. I have tried opening and closing the app several times and I still get this same issue. Not sure if this is just "normal".
    Yup, its the app. Non update related. Enjoy your new TP, it's awesome.