Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Splashtop worked perfectly pre-update.

Now it hangs on "Connecting to your computer...." everytime.

Uninstalled streamer and client dozens of times, temp removed router's security settings, changed PCs IP, tested with 3 PCs (all of which were working before 3.0.4, 2x W7 and 1XP), tested with discovered and manual additions, rebooted PC and Touchpad 1000 times.
    The webos doctor will not clear all the file structure... was it supposed to do so? i can see old files from the previous application installs after making the full erase on the device and running the webos doctor, so i'm assuming webos doctor will not simply install a fresh rom in your device.

many of the patches that used to be installed are not detected in this version ... and of course, i can't add them cause they are not shown in quick install or in preware.... EPR won't do any good this time.
    I can nolonger connect in USB storage mode after updating to 3.0.4.

I have two windows machines, one is 64bit windows 7 which is the one I used to install Preware an also transfered movies and music when my TP was at 3.0.2. Now that I updated to 3.0.4. I can nolonger connect USB Storage mode. I have reinstalled the Novacomm drivers and still no works.

Then I tried my 32bit machine which has never had to TP connected before. It goes through detecting the drivers and then fails to pull the Novacomm drivers. So then I installed the Webos quick updater which asks to install the Novacomm drivers which looks like it worked ok but I still can't get a drive window to transfer files.

Very frustrateing
    Quote Originally Posted by Okiflyer View Post
    I can nolonger connect in USB storage mode after updating to 3.0.4.

I have two windows machines, one is 64bit windows 7 which is the one I used to install Preware an also transfered movies and music when my TP was at 3.0.2. Now that I updated to 3.0.4. I can nolonger connect USB Storage mode. I have reinstalled the Novacomm drivers and still no works.

Then I tried my 32bit machine which has never had to TP connected before. It goes through detecting the drivers and then fails to pull the Novacomm drivers. So then I installed the Webos quick updater which asks to install the Novacomm drivers which looks like it worked ok but I still can't get a drive window to transfer files.

Very frustrateing
    Is java up-to-date on the 32bit machine?
    Whenever I start Preware after the 3.0.4 Update it's stuck at the "Reading Saved Package List" part of the startup process, doesn't go past it and just shows the rotating icon, no matter how long I leave it like that with screen turned on.

Edit: Fixed it by removing UberKernel and the TouchPlayer Feed
    Last edited by twiitar; 10/20/2011 at 07:12 AM.
    If you open a new tab, or open a link a in a new tab, and you return to the original tab before the new tab is loaded, the original tab stays blurry. Very annoying because I like having multiple pages open
    Quote Originally Posted by elsie2 View Post
    Is java up-to-date on the 32bit machine?
    Yes I just updated JAVA and rebooted and still no love. I may have to pull out the doctor but I will give the Precentral team some time with the new OS before I pull the nuclear option.
    Gemini file manager will not download large files (1 MB or so) from dropbox. Small files transfer OK. Router already has wmm enabled. Checked 3 routers, and they all have same problem. I can download using browser. No problem in 3.0.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by twiitar View Post
    Whenever I start Preware after the 3.0.4 Update it's stuck at the "Reading Saved Package List" part of the startup process, doesn't go past it and just shows the rotating icon, no matter how long I leave it like that with screen turned on.
    Mine also did that as well. A restart solved it
    No battery problem here.

After losing 16% the previous night, I charged to 100% last night. I also turned off Bluetooth and turned off the button light flashing on notification. But I didn't turn off Wi-Fi, so emails for both work and personal were collected over night.

At midnight, it was at 100%. And this morning at 7:00 AM, still at 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post
    They lowered the sensitivity of the inductive sensor. With a case on, it will not charge in portrait mode (some report in neither orientation). Take the case off, and it charges without issue.
    I'm also having this problem. I had my TP sitting on the dock all night and still not charged today. Rebooted several times, but made no difference. I tried picking the dock up off the desk and moving it to all possible positions on the back of the cased TP without success. If I remove the TP from the case it charges fine. I have a rooCASE case and previously I could charge it through the back AND the flap--which surprised me because it was was pretty think, but now I can't even charge it through the back alone.

I'm also having a problem with the HP App Catalog. When I click on a link for an app from the HP newsletter, it opens up the catalog to a blank page--a white page with a normal title bar on top. If I use a promocode URL, I get the usual invalid/valid box, but after pressing OK, the same blank page. I've deleted the catalog app through Web OS Quick Install and tried reinstalling it, but it has made no difference. I then noticed a "HP App Catalog Payment Service" package so I uninstalled that, and presumably reinstalled when I rebooted the device, but I still receive a blank page. Loading the app from the launcher and manually selecting apps within it works as it should.

I had some preware installed when I updated, UberKernal etc., and I had read after the fact that "themes" should be removed prior to updating. I'm not sure what a theme is, and I didn't voluntarily install anything with theme in its name or description. Not sure what effect a theme would have after an update, but thought I would mention that as a possible cause.
    I noticed that the new camera app has poor resolution grainy pictures. Before the update I was using Freecam for Touchpad and Digicamera Lite and both gave me clear pics. After the update Freecam doesn't work anymore and Digicamera Lite gives me the same grainy pics now as the new camera app that came with 3.0.4. Now whenever I start the Digicamera, for a sec it gave me a clear pic view and then quickly switched to the grainy pic view. The Skype video chat is also grainy while it was clearer under 3.0.2. Seems like every camera related app I have experience the same issue.

Does anyone else experience the same issue?
    Skype is gone from tp and from app catalog.
    Splashtop is STILL working fine for me on many computers Windows/OSX with the new 3.0.4 update.

Quote Originally Posted by T.C.Calvin View Post
    Splashtop worked perfectly pre-update.

Now it hangs on "Connecting to your computer...." everytime.

Uninstalled streamer and client dozens of times, temp removed router's security settings, changed PCs IP, tested with 3 PCs (all of which were working before 3.0.4, 2x W7 and 1XP), tested with discovered and manual additions, rebooted PC and Touchpad 1000 times.
    just did updating to 3.0.4 and it's bricked all i get is www.plam.com/ROM

help anyone pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

PS. how do i turn it off or do i have to wait for the power to run out
    Sound is working just fine for me on HBO-Go
    In fact i always had issues with the stock browser just spinning along time prior to play
    some times it played, many times not. Now it works great with HBO-Go
    I used the advanced browser prior and it also works well.

Therefore it is working and not a bug, 3x three 32GB wifi TPs

Quote Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
    I don't have any sound in HBO GO since the update.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOaks View Post
    Yep the accelerometer is completely messed up in Asphalt 6 and NFS:HP, not sure if it's the touchpad's fault or the game's.
    Yeah, asphalt 6, isn't working anymore. It's a huge issue for me. I will try to revert to 3.02. I have no idea how to do it, but I will search !
    QuickDocs Won't Delete Documents Correctly

Documents do not delete permanently when deleting in QuickDocs. When I delete a document, it reappears in the list of documents the next time I open QuickDocs. I checked in my file manager program--the "deleted" file is still sitting in the same place it was in prior to the delete. If I delete it using my file manager program, the file is deleted permanently. I can live with this one--it's a nuisance but can be worked around.
    Quote Originally Posted by toshabuser View Post
    If you open a new tab, or open a link a in a new tab, and you return to the original tab before the new tab is loaded, the original tab stays blurry. Very annoying because I like having multiple pages open
    This happened to me before the update. Looks like it's a bug that needs to be fixed.
    Simple Tip Calc http://bit.ly/cdcJIu Review http://bit.ly/a9edpu & World Cup Flags http://bit.ly/daOoeJ
    I searched for PEAP and mschapv2 but did not get any results on this thread.

Issue:
    Was able to connect to enterprise network upon initial input of credentials. After going out of range or rebooting, cannot connect to network again. Used PEAP and unchecked verify certificate options.

Isolation:
    Tried removing known network, re-inputting log in information. Removed all previous certificates, tried again, re-added, certificates, tried both with and without certificate verification checked. Only get unable to connect to to network.

Verification:
    Co-worker had brand new TP, broke the seal and opened at work today. Updated to 3.0.4 via other co-workers mobile hot spot. Was able to log in with no issues, again using PEAP and no verification of certificate. Restarted TP, cannot log onto network at all with existing known network or any other credentials.

Can't really believe this is such an issue for this device when all of our android devices, iphones, old windows mobile phones can get on our network with no issues.