Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by elsie2 View Post
    What case are you using?
    The case I am using is a generic leather case I bought on ebay (Chinese seller), but as I said it worked fine prior to the update of the OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    It's very hard to gather bugs from forums for a few reasons I will outline below

1. Everyone has different configurations and it often takes many contacts over and over again to get to the root of the bug.
    2. Homebrew. As end users we don't like to state anything about homebrew that could be the cause, but when dealing with reality we have to look at the OS in a bare bones state. I am very big advocate of World of Warcraft and if anyone who happens to play the game knows that if you ever ask for help with an issue the very first thing they are going to tell you to do is remove all addons. It goes the same for webOS
    3. Not enough details, a lot of times we have these "bugs," but often don't provide enough information to really diagnose the issue. (through no fault of the reporter).
    4. Incomplete troubleshooting. Bugs are often reported where later is stated to not be a bug because a restart fixed it or running the doctor fixed it etc. Bugs are not things that are fixed by standard troubleshooting.
    Indeed. That is why HP/Palm needs to add the option of disabling certain types of updates to WebOS. Of course, default it to allow them for less savvy users. If I want to install the latest firmware or not, that should be my prerogative. Clicking "later" is not giving the user an option. It's is merely delaying the inevitable.

You'd think that since HP winks at Homebrew, they would give users of this calibre the flexibility they deserve. Moreover, given the uncertain future of WebOS, many will and have come to rely on the homebrew community.
    I would like to remind everyone that complaining about posts you don't want to see in a thread only leads to more posts for you to wade through trying to find your answers. Please refer to HardBeatz post above.

Many folks spend a lot of time attempting to help as many users as possible trouble shoot. All of us are doing this for free (not just referring to moderators, everyone offering assistance is doing so in lieu of doing something else). It is literally impossible to list every "bug" because of individual setups and usage.

I would like to invite anyone that wants to attempt to list every bug on this version of the OS. If P|C staff finds the information to be of merit the information can put in a place where it can be easily seen.

Now PLEASE lets try and keep this on topic and in the format of the initial post in this thread. I know I don't want to go through and delete a ton of posts because we can't keep this on topic and informative.

Thanks
    -OldSkoolVWLover
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    I just upgraded my 32Gb TouchPad to 3.0.4 77 and now my Craig's List app no longer works (mCraig Pro 1.1.4 by SplashData). This app worked fine yesterday under 3.0.2.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but it still does not work. I have the same app on my old Pre Minus running webOS 1.4.5, and it still works fine.

When I try to run mCraig Pro, it only goes to the splash screen (with the peace symbol) and then freezes.

I am now going through all my other apps to see if any of them fail under 3.0.4.

Has anyone else found broken apps under 3.0.4? Please report them here.
    I have a whole bunch of apps that no longer work under OS 3.0.4. Time, Sports Illustrated, Fortune magazines no longer install correctly. Pandora doesn't work. Flight Predictor doesn't work correctly. Where to Go doesn't work and on and on.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I've been unable to purchase any apps by promo code. I'll get the box for Purcahse, Promo, Cancel, but when I tap promo, the box goes away and nothing ever appears for me to paste my promo code into. I even doctored last night and still same prob. Extremely frustrating. I posted a thread on this and 2 other people seem to have the same problem.
    Same here...
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    my magazine subscription apps are not downloading new issues. And worse, my time magazines that I have downloaded are gone from my touchpad and the app is asking me to download them again... But I cannot because the update won't let me download issues.

I also noticed that I have this warning
    Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter

I have around 2 gigs left on my 32gb touchpad. And it has warned me I cannot download or update any apps...
    After WebOS 3.0.4 I can confirm that the magazines (Time etc.) don't load. They appear to download but after reaching 100% they go to Pause and won't install.
    The audio distortion issue is surely related to pulseaudio, again.

I just typed in a command for stop pulseaudio and start pulseaudio and the sound was back to normal. No reset.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    for me, the audio distortion bug just hit, and restarting pulseaudio did not fix it. A full restart of the TP did though. :-/
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    same thing for me. I had bad sound and laggy games, pulse audio restart did not work, as well as luna restart also did not work. I had to do a full restart to get things back. A lot of the issues I've had so far are fixed with a restart, except the increased battery usage.

Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    for me, the audio distortion bug just hit, and restarting pulseaudio did not fix it. A full restart of the TP did though. :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by teamw23 View Post
    I don't confirm this - I did the update and Touchstone works fine for me - using the official HP case. Both landscape and portrait charge fine. Even when I fold the flap on the case back so the flap is between the back of the TouchPad and the Touchstone, it still works. So you guys getting this with 3rd party cases or the official case?
    I used to just plop my TP (in case) without looking and was able to hit the sweet spot 90% of the time. Since the update, I can't even press the TP back into the Touchstone and get a charge. I have to remove the case entirely. Everything else is great and I can't wait for the patches to be updated so I can reinstall the ones that broke, post update.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    My touchstone still works with the case as well..
    Same here, using the OEM HP TP case and no change from before, charges fine in either orientation with flap folded behind.

However, still have the problem of getting the TP to stay put on the charger when in portrait mode with flap folded behind the TP, wants to slip off. Hard to blame that on the update
    I confirm this. It is happening to me also. Lucky for me that it still works in both orientations but I have to open the case cover rather than have it folded backwards like the cover of a magazine.

3rd party PU leather case, which was working just fine everyday before the 3.04 update.

Don't wish to advertise for them but here is a link to the case I bought off ebay. Mods, feel free to censor if desired.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Leather-Case-...item19c87f32b1

(Though it's a very nice case for cheap $ - be warned that it covers the gesture areas and that is a PITA! I think it was made for the iPad and just advertised for the TP. You do get a free screen protector though...)

Quote Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post
    They lowered the sensitivity of the inductive sensor. With a case on, it will not charge in portrait mode (some report in neither orientation). Take the case off, and it charges without issue.
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 10/19/2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: added case info.
    rustymutt likes this.
    I own the HP case tor my TP and and have no Problem charging at all. It would not be the first time a company Changed something so that it did not work with other peoples stuff just to gain $$$$$$.

Other then the over clock kernel not being available yet the new OS worked fine for me.
    OK. It actually didn't take much fooling around to figure out the weird ring upon silence bug once I realized it wasn't necessarily something from the update. Here is the problem - when "VIBRATE" in the phone preferences is ON, silencing the TP from the main menu causes the weird ring. Turn OFF vibrate and it works as I remembered it before the update. So 3.0.4. may have turned vibrate ON and that, in turn, triggered the bug when I used the mute. Given that some people were noticing this before the update, it sounds like this bug has always been there. So all you moderators and powers that be, do I have to now put a new thread in the general bug report thread or is this sufficient notice to get this into the hands of those at HP who should know this?

BTW, thanks to everybody who responded to the earlier posts, it made figuring this out a lot easier by eliminating all of the most likely culprits when it first appeared. I am so happy I can make this go away - I am a night owl and my wife goes to sleep early so not being able to mute the TP silently was going to really stink.
    OK. It actually didn't take much fooling around to figure out the weird ring upon silence bug once I realized it wasn't necessarily something from the update. Here is the problem - when "VIBRATE" in the phone preferences is ON, silencing the TP from the main menu causes the weird ring. Turn OFF vibrate and it works as I remembered it before the update. So 3.0.4. may have turned vibrate ON and that, in turn, triggered the bug when I used the mute. Given that some people were noticing this before the update, it sounds like this bug has always been there. So all you moderators and powers that be, do I have to now put a new thread in the general bug report thread or is this sufficient notice to get this into the hands of those at HP who should know this?

BTW, thanks to everybody who responded to the earlier posts, it made figuring this out a lot easier by eliminating all of the most likely culprits when it first appeared. I am so happy I can make this go away - I am a night owl and my wife goes to sleep early so not being able to mute the TP silently was going to really stink.
    Was just over at the HP webOS forums and there is a whole thread on this Mute Sound rings!? - Support Community

So, you are right not a bug from the update--it worked this way before.
    OK. It actually didn't take much fooling around to figure out the weird ring upon silence bug once I realized it wasn't necessarily something from the update. Here is the problem - when "VIBRATE" in the phone preferences is ON, silencing the TP from the main menu causes the weird ring. Turn OFF vibrate and it works as I remembered it before the update. So 3.0.4. may have turned vibrate ON and that, in turn, triggered the bug when I used the mute.
    Weird. I am still unable to replicate the problem. Don't get me wrong: I'm really glad my doesn't ring/beep when I mute it.

But I have turned vibration off and on in the "Sounds & Ringtones" menu multiple times and still can't see the same problem.

Is there another vibration option somewhere? I'm just wondering in case other people try the same fix and it doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    upgrade to 3.0.4 yesterday. Issues with facebook app and kindle app. Both open blank HP App Catalog page.
    Shutdown - restart nothing seems to bring it back.

Anyone else seeing this issue and any suggestions to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by soulgrrl View Post
    Like several folks have mentioned here previously, following the 3.0.4 update, my TP with a Griffin Folio case on no longer charges in the Touchstone (in either orientation). Initially there wasn't even a charge via the wall charger but after two shutdowns/restarts, I was able to get a charge. Now I have to take the case off in order for the touchstone to induct a charge. Not really great with pets jumping all around. The clock also no longer shows up by default. Quite frustrating under the circumstances esp as the updates didn't really make things that much more productive for me.

**BTW, just want to point out, I never had a problem using this case prior to the update.
    I can confirm this behavior, pre 3.0.4 ,my touchpad was more than happy to inductive charge on the touchstone through the leather case, now it flat out refuses to charge and I have to remove it from the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Okiflyer View Post
    I own the HP case tor my TP and and have no Problem charging at all. It would not be the first time a company Changed something so that it did not work with other peoples stuff just to gain $$$$$$.
    Makes no sense - given that they don't sell accessories any more
    both of my touchpads have been updated BUT are still able to charge in either portrait or landscape with case on.
    Quote Originally Posted by gcbmears@sbcglobal.net View Post
    both of my touchpads have been updated BUT are still able to charge in either portrait or landscape with case on.
    Which case are you using?