Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Arrggghhhh, since the update, auto-correct has taken over my typing, Changing it in the middle of a word, so that I end up with something Nowhere near what I started with.

HP you'd better get on this very quickly!

Just so you know, I started typing "nowhere" above, and when I got to the first "e" it changed to "house" - seriously?!? Sometimes it corrects back when I get to the last letter, but often I'm too quick and have moved on, so it mangled my sentence before I knew what happened. Oddly, I just got through that whole paragraph without an issue, of course, I'm typing more slowly and deliberately now.
    totally agree - is there a way to turn it off?
    I turned mine off. It's under just type settings.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toge64 View Post
    totally agree - is there a way to turn it off?
    Yes, you can go to the Text Assist app on the settings menu and turn it off. That's not really a solution though.
    Yes, you can go to the Text Assist app on the settings menu and turn it off. That's not really a solution though.

I meant text assist. Thanks for correcting this. It still underlines text and you can change it. Also it still corrects words like couldn't if I leave the ' out.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Idk what you guys are talking about. My text assist works fine on 3.0.4. I've tried all the words you guys have suggested "don't work".

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I have this problem as well... I don't know what happened. But when I try to edit the middle of the sentence and delete some letters, the auto correct goes crazy!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Interesting, I have yet to notice any difference in behavior of they text-assist post install. Not saying your not, just that I haven't. Definitely something to keep an eye on.
    Can you post some words that are problematic? I tried "nowhere" and it didn't try to autocorrect. I tried other words and it autocorrected just fine.

I was having issues with the Music app not advancing to the next song, so then I did a hard reset and it solved that problem. Maybe it will solve your autocorrect problem, too?
    it seems to go crazy when I type to fast in a browser... Automatically capitalizes any word it corrects. Argh.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    Can you post some words that are problematic? I tried "nowhere" and it didn't try to autocorrect. I tried other words and it autocorrected just fine.

I was having issues with the Music app not advancing to the next song, so then I did a hard reset and it solved that problem. Maybe it will solve your autocorrect problem, too?
    nowhere, snooty, nowhere, Snooty, nowhere....

The first word is n-o-w-h-e-r-e, the first time I typed it it changed to h-o-u-s-e after I got to the first e, then changed back to n-o-w-h-e-r-e when I finished typing. The second word was supposed to be s-m-o-o-t-h, but changed a number of times while I was typing it finally ending up as snooty.

I've learned to type more deliberately now.....
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it seems to go crazy when I type to fast in a browser... Automatically capitalizes any word it corrects. Argh.
    On the plus Side, it is super-responsive instead of being laggy!

Ok, plus changed to P.O. Before I fixed it, and laggy changed to soggy before correcting.

I don't think I can repeat what "super-responsive" changed to.......
    Sapient2k7 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Idk what you guys are talking about. My text assist works fine on 3.0.4. I've tried all the words you guys have suggested "don't work".
    Same here, not seeing the behavior reported on this thread. The only word auto-corrected was laggy -> soggy.
    its only problematic when you make a typo. And only in a browser text box.
    I had to turn it off as well. It's almost impossible to type "patch request" when it's turned on.
    its only problematic when you make a typo.
    I disagree. I was not mis-typing "request" and it was trying to fix it after "req" before I finished typing the word.
    its only problematic when you make a typo. And only in a browser text box.
    I turned it off. I was correctly typing "using" and it was changed to "houseung"
    Testing to see if I can replicate the text assist issue. as of this posting I have not had any problems. Actually, I find that the auto correct is actually doing a much better job of anticipating the words I'm trying to type. I typed this paragraph without having to change any text that was automatically assisted. Nowhere nowhere nowhere nowhere nowhere

I wonder if there are any artifacts from 3.0.2 patches that are adversely affecting you guys. I'm trying to get the touchpad to correct words before I finish, but it never acts until I hit the space bar.

I noticed that the spell correction was more accurate than before. Other issues that people are reporting I'm not seeing at all here.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    Testing to see if I can replicate the text assist issue. as of this posting I have not had any problems. Actually, I find that the auto correct is actually doing a much better job of anticipating the words I'm trying to type. I typed this paragraph without having to change any text that was automatically assisted. Nowhere nowhere nowhere nowhere nowhere

I wonder if there are any artifacts from 3.0.2 patches that are adversely affecting you guys. I'm trying to get the touchpad to correct words before I finish, but it never acts until I hit the space bar.

I had all patches removed before updating - in fact, I removed them all a few weeks ago because I wanted to go native, although I never got around to doctoring to go completely stock.

It's funny, because auto-correct is behaving now and I did a reboot not too long ago. But I'm also typing slowly and deliberately. Just tried typing nowhere and the change to house didn't happen. Maybe it's just a glitch that goes away after another reboot.

It was pretty funny to watch it, it was like my TouchPad had a mind of its own!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast