Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes
    Not sure if this has been suggested, but if you are having problems with auto-correct, turn off the SHORTCUTS option and see if that helps. I was having major issues with Facebook and jumbled text, but when i tuned off auto-shortcuts, it works perfectly now.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I was having the same problem, but remembered I had installed an "apple emulator" program.

Turns out, it was an apple "Newton" emu! :O

Removed it, all good again.

(Seriously, this problem is insane on the HP Community Forum! It appears to really hate lithium forum software...)

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Strange how it is intermittent, still have the issue here.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Another tip.

If you are having this problem while in the middle of typing something out, change the keyboad size and the issue "resets" and you won't get it for a while. Works for me, but damn, this is a very annoying bug. I think HP needs to send up beta's of their OS' like Apple does. End users should never see this problems in a "stable" build of an OS update.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by EP2011 View Post
    Not sure if this has been suggested, but if you are having problems with auto-correct, turn off the SHORTCUTS option and see if that helps. I was having major issues with Facebook and jumbled text, but when i tuned off auto-shortcuts, it works perfectly now.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Turned off my short cuts and it seems to have fixed it in email but typing this in the browser its going crazy again :-(
    I noticed this as well when I updated to 3.0.4. It seemed at its worst if you already have text written after the cursor. It was driving me so nuts I had to turn it off.

Also I noticed that my spell checking no longer works. I can't correct misspelled words anymore although it still shows the red underline below them.
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    I noticed this as well when I updated to 3.0.4. It seemed at its worst if you already have text written after the cursor. It was driving me so nuts I had to turn it off.

Also I noticed that my spell checking no longer works. I can't correct misspelled words anymore although it still shows the red underline below them.
    i had auto-correct turned off right after 3.0.4 update because it was auto-correcting the email addresses i was typing. just turned it back on again and it's not doing taht anymore. Is it possible that HP updated something??????
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    There has got to be a fix for this... How much can be different between 3.0.2 and 3.0.4?
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123