Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Now having 3.0.4 to test with, I can edit /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so just fine. However, whether I change it to WIN or LNX, the result in both cases is the test page says I need a newer version of flash to display the test. My interpretation is there is some new check to prevent monkeying with it. I even tried copying the old file in as a test for grins and got the same result. Not good news I think.
    This is what is happening to me and now I can't watch videos. What is the fix here? Do I doctor back to 3.02, put the old libflashplayer back that we backed up, and then doctor up to 3.04 or is there an easier method?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefire View Post
    3.0.4 hasn't updated any of the annoying browser quirks I deal with.

1) On the fantasy sports page for Yahoosports.com it still reloads without reason every 3 seconds.
    2) I still can't use drop down menus
    3) And the background will stop about 8/10th of a way from the end on many pages in portrait mode (precentral.net for example).
    +1
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Impressed so far. Paired my Epic Touch and I can now get text messages on my Touchpad too, so that's pretty cool
    Was this done via the workaround I've seen here on PreCentral? Or did it "just work" once paired?
    Palm Pre 2 w/ Preware
    HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Those two videos are cool....

They still played smoothly in full-screen(horizontal) mode on both of my Touchpads
    I'm very pleased with how YouTube / Flash videos play on 3.04. The 720p videos load
    much, much quicker and buffer much further ahead.(or maybe just uses a larger
    buffer?)

I will try to play the same videos on my third Touchpad when I get home. (the third
    one is still running 3.02 at 1.5GHz)
    Hmm, I guess it's encouraging to know that they *can* buffer and play smoothly.
    I just wish I knew why they play so dreadfully on my Touchpad now, when they
    worked just fine in 3.0.2 before. My experience is quite literally the opposite of yours.
    Have you done any patching yet? Turn off logging?
    I haven't touched anything yet in 3.0.4.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    This is what is happening to me and now I can't watch videos. What is the fix here? Do I doctor back to 3.02, put the old libflashplayer back that we backed up, and then doctor up to 3.04 or is there an easier method?
    I restored flashplayer.so back to original until if/when someone figures out what's going on.
    Can anyone verify if the untrusted SSL certificates are blacklisted in the default browser, without the need for a plugin?
    I restored flashplayer.so back to original until if/when someone figures out what's going on.
    Did you restore after you doctored to 3.04 or before? What were the steps to restore?

thanks
    Running 3.0.4, showed an update for F4 Phantom, ran update, running @ 1.728 just fine now.
    I really am pleasantly surprised by how much better the scrolling is. That and they finally made screen rotation work reasonably well.
    So after reading through all the posts I'm still confused as to whether I have too uninstall all patches, or just run the update from the System Updates icon in settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    So after reading through all the posts I'm still confused as to whether I have too uninstall all patches, or just run the update from the System Updates icon in settings.
    you don't have to uninstall anything. I didn't and both my touchpad are running fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Hmm, I guess it's encouraging to know that they *can* buffer and play smoothly.
    I just wish I knew why they play so dreadfully on my Touchpad now, when they
    worked just fine in 3.0.2 before. My experience is quite literally the opposite of yours.
    Have you done any patching yet? Turn off logging?
    I haven't touched anything yet in 3.0.4.

ian
    There are no patches on my Touchpads right now.

This is what I did:

(1) full erase
    (2) restart in recovery mode
    (3) start webOS Doctor 3.04
    (4) restart
    (5) started with new profile in my webOS acct(apps only)

Basically 2 of my 3 Touchpads are as virgin as they come.... not sure if that's
    the reason.

When I get home, I'm going to let my 3rd Touchpad update via OTA and see if
    that makes any difference.
    Did you restore after you doctored to 3.04 or before? What were the steps to restore?

thanks
    I did also try the before versions actually but only one that works for me now is stock after 3.04 install.
    I did also try the before versions actually but only one that works for me now is stock after 3.04 install.
    It looks like all I had to do was clear my cache and now the videos are working. So I assume 3.04 overwrote the libflashplayer fix to Win and I don't need to restore the libflashplayer.bak from 3.02.
    It looks like all I had to do was clear my cache and now the videos are working. So I assume 3.04 overwrote the libflashplayer fix to Win and I don't need to restore the libflashplayer.bak from 3.02.
    Correct. the libflashplayer.so that got installed with WebOS 3.0.4 is the one you want as of now. I misunderstood and thought you're modified it. Glad it's working now.
    Correct. the libflashplayer.so that got installed with WebOS 3.0.4 is the one you want as of now. I misunderstood and thought you're modified it. Glad it's working now.
    Thanks. I cleared the cache to enable it to work on advice from another thread. Why should I have needed to clear my cache in order to get videos to work that I had never clicked on before?
    Thanks. I cleared the cache to enable it to work on advice from another thread. Why should I have needed to clear my cache in order to get videos to work that I had never clicked on before?
    Doesn't make sense to me either except in that the touchpad browser cache has historically had issues.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    Just so it's clear.
    The correct way to update your patches, is to simply wait, and check in with
    Preware every day for the next few days.
    When 3.0.4 versions of any patches and kernels you had installed become available,
    they will show up in the "Updates" section of Preware, and you can update them.
    The 3.0.2 patches will show as still being installed right now, but they're not.
    They're just placeholders, but they're useful to you and Preware to keep track of
    what you had, and what needs updating.

I don't know why people think they need to uninstall everything. Just means
    you'll forget what you had.

ian
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    My Epic Touch 4G 'just works' after pairing. I see myself using this pretty regularly.
    My Palm history.
    Sony Clie', Treo 650, Treo700p, Centro, Treo 800w, Palm Pre, Touchpad
    Doesn't make sense to me either except in that the touchpad browser cache has historically had issues.
    Ok, thanks.