Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tz3026 View Post
    I have a 32gb and a 16gb touchpad. I only updated 1 of them. The overclocked (1.5 ghz) touchpad is still snappier than the updated 3.0.4 version.
    Agreed. My wife touchpad which stays bone stock has 3.0.4 and even tho they fixed a lot of bugs, there is still a drastic difference in speed from my 1.72ghz Warthog kernel vs. stock kernel.

I'll keep my speed until they patch for 3.0.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Flash playback of YouTube 720p HD action vids with 3.0.4, is unwatchable now.
    Might as well be viewing a slide show.
    I just finished installing 3.04 using webOS Doctor on all three of my Touchpads.
    (fresh install, not just updated from 3.02)

I tested multiple 720p Youtube videos after reading your post...
    all ran very smoothly in windowed or full-screen view
    (either via my home wireless router or tethered to my Samsung
    Galaxy SII smartphone)

Some of the 720p YouTube videos I'm playing on my Touchpads right now:

787 inspections

German beer girls
    I just got 193 on lithium :/
    I kid you not... Should I do a webOS doctor clean 3.0.4?

EDIT: never mind I did it over and got 127 :-)
    Last edited by mibaksh; 10/18/2011 at 06:15 PM. Reason: clarity
    If you install this update thru webOS doctor (instead of doing the update from 3.02), will it erase anything from my TP (like apps and media files)? It seems it's better to do a fresh install than doing the update from 3.02.

thanks.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Just tested it. No... cannot click on the numbers and the next button..
    All I can do is copy the number or the "Next" button.

What is that website running? The reason I'm asking is that I also
    can't click on those buttons on the IE8 browser of my WinXP PC.
    In fact, I can't even right-click on that website at all using IE8.
    (but it works fine if I use Google Chrome)
    yep thats the problem. i dont know what the issue is.
    its annoying as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Hulu fix -will not work- until we find out where HP moved the libflashplayer.so file to (or the relevant replacement).

I can change the user agent in 3.0.4, but I haven't gotten around to finding where the flash player is hiding the WEB identifier.

I'll fiddle with it soon and have a new fix out, unless someone wants to beat me to the punch and find the flash player file and the WEB 10 identifier string with their hex editor .
    On my 3.0.4 TouchPad I see the following:

find . -name libflashplayer.so

./media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    ./media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.flashplugin-001/data/libflashplayer.so
    Quote Originally Posted by leebtyler View Post
    certain websites are still inacessible, its not good enough.

still can't log into Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site without the page resetting, for an internet tablet not being able to access websites is unforgivable.
    you would REALLY hate an iPad then
    bluenote, DeadVim, aw9d and 2 others like this.
    I just finished installing 3.04 using webOS Doctor on all three of my Touchpads.

Galaxy SII smartphone)

787 inspections

German beer girls
    hmmm asked me to install later version of flashplayer which of course I could not
    upgraded to the latest version and now my TP says www.palm.com/ROM with an exclamation point in a triangle! What do I do now?!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm1200 View Post
    Anyone know what/if the Flash player was updated to? Flash video playback was greatly enhanced for me on my 3 touchpads. Can run 720p again and some 1080p
    According to the Firefox plugin check it is running Shockwave Flash version 10.3.185.0 (which is the current version of Flash 10)
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

Galaxy SII smartphone)

787 inspections

German beer girls
    Note, I said "action vids". As in high motion.
    Both of those are almost no-motion. They play fine for me too but are not demanding at all.
    Try this one.
    and this one
    (I'm piloting the aircraft in both vids)
    Those vids played ok in 3.0.2 at 1.5Ghz. A little stutter now and again, but generally
    smooth. Now they're always super choppy. If I pause it, it buffers a little
    quicker. Let it play again after it has buffered for a while and playback still sucks
    but the buffering slows down. It really is acting like playback and buffering
    are competing for limited resources.

ian
    Just watched several 720P videos on YouTube and they ran way better than 3.0.2. Loading time was great and the video was very smooth.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    When will patches and kernel work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Just watched several 720P videos on YouTube and they ran way better than 3.0.2. Loading time was great and the video was very smooth.
    My wife's bone stock touchpad plays youtube great compared to mine.. She is on the 3.0.4, I'm on 3.0.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    When will patches and kernel work?
    In time... In time. Id say by tomorrow or next day uberkernel should be ready and then within a week many of the main patches we all use will have been tested and released.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Hulu fix -will not work- until we find out where HP moved the libflashplayer.so file to (or the relevant replacement).

I can change the user agent in 3.0.4, but I haven't gotten around to finding where the flash player is hiding the WEB identifier.

I'll fiddle with it soon and have a new fix out, unless someone wants to beat me to the punch and find the flash player file and the WEB 10 identifier string with their hex editor .
    Now having 3.0.4 to test with, I can edit /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so just fine. However, whether I change it to WIN or LNX, the result in both cases is the test page says I need a newer version of flash to display the test. My interpretation is there is some new check to prevent monkeying with it. I even tried copying the old file in as a test for grins and got the same result. Not good news I think.
    i had problem with youtube.com, I cant watch any clip now. I definitely can do that under 3.0.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Note, I said "action vids". As in high motion.
    Both of those are almost no-motion. They play fine for me too but are not demanding at all.
    Try this one.
    and this one
    (I'm piloting the aircraft in both vids)
    Those vids played ok in 3.0.2 at 1.5Ghz. A little stutter now and again, but generally
    smooth. Now they're always super choppy. If I pause it, it buffers a little
    quicker. Let it play again after it has buffered for a while and playback still sucks
    but the buffering slows down. It really is acting like playback and buffering
    are competing for limited resources.

ian
    Those two videos are cool....

They still played smoothly in full-screen(horizontal) mode on both of my Touchpads
    I'm very pleased with how YouTube / Flash videos play on 3.04. The 720p videos load
    much, much quicker and buffer much further ahead.(or maybe just uses a larger
    buffer?)

I will try to play the same videos on my third Touchpad when I get home. (the third
    one is still running 3.02 at 1.5GHz)
    mibaksh likes this.
    My Nomnomnom app doesn't seem to like the update. When trying to scroll through my articles by swiping, it swipes but picks the article that my finger lands on and brings it up, like I had actually clicked on it which I did not.
    Quote Originally Posted by locbuondoi View Post
    i had problem with youtube.com, I cant watch any clip now. I definitely can do that under 3.0.2
    I can. I couldn't when I tried to patch flashplayer.so. That seems to not be working now, something seems to be checking that file and killing flash if it's modified. Not sure if that's your problem but mine is working fine otherwise.
    Last edited by texasflood; 10/18/2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: typo
    richwoods likes this.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast