Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Another feature: in messaging, you can now set availability for each account, rather than just being online or not for all accounts at once.

So i just installed the update without removing any patches. I'm new to Touchpads and WebOS but how do I tell if the patch is functioning? Obviously the ripple removal has stopped working, but I don't see any mention of a patch being 'disabled' or 'incompatible' in preware.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    After turning logging off and turning off the throttled download manager,

I re-ran the Lithium BenchMark test.

The Device Performance Index is now 120 which matches webOS 3.0.2 with the Ondemand ~ 1.5 Ghz

and is a notch down from the 125 I got earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by dna550 View Post
    Bread Crumbs:

Choose the "SETTINGS" tab and "Device Info"

Tap on the "Device Info" and select "Custom Application"

Key in ##5647#

Select "Clear Logs"

Select "OK"

Select "Change Logging Levels..."

Select "Set Logging To Minimal"

Select "OK
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i've never experienced this ever in my life until i used a touchpad.
    i didnt know there was a setting for this however. maybe that will help. it seems a little different compared to 3.0.2 but i cant quite figure out why or how. seems like i notice it mostly reading forums, but regular websites it does not seem to suffer from this.
    ill take a wild random guess here, but on my touchpad it seems like it does cache the text/html parts of most webpages i visit, text heavy sites like news ones load and display really fast, the slowdown seems to be either pictures and/or flash content, as if they arent cached but everything else is.

no idea tho just a guess/random observation.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I went through the steps listed in the Guide below:

[GUIDE]TouchPadPlus.com -- The Leading Step By step Instruction to Jailbreak, Boost Up and Overclock TouchPad

The over-clocking options are not available yet [but hope they show up in the next few days!]

When you enter the Patch names in preware, listed in this guide above, you will either see a green indicator, meaning the patch is installed or you will not see the green indicator, in which case, you should re-install the patch, or, install the patch for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignan666 View Post
    Another feature: in messaging, you can now set availability for each account, rather than just being online or not for all accounts at once.

So i just installed the update without removing any patches. I'm new to Touchpads and WebOS but how do I tell if the patch is functioning? Obviously the ripple removal has stopped working, but I don't see any mention of a patch being 'disabled' or 'incompatible' in preware.
    when in usb mode, if you look at the properties of the drive it shows only 27.5gb available in total on a 32gb model. Is this correct?! Not sure if it was like this before the update?
    I currently have two of my three 16GB Touchpads in front of me.

#1 - 3.02, almost all recommended patches, running 1.5GHz

#2 - 3.04, installed using webOS Doctor 3.04, nothing installed, except apps from HP App Catalog

#1(3.02) is clearly slower than #1(3.04) by a wide margin. Everything just loads faster
    and smoother(not sure how to describe it, but it's like everything loads in a very organized
    sqeuence from top to bottom).

After comparing the two for the past couple of hours, I will no proceed to do a full erase
    on #1 and install 3.04 using webOS Doctor.

HP has done a great job with 3.04, as far as browser performance is concerned. (can't
    say the same about Skype and a couple of other bugs on the 3.04)
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    when in usb mode, if you look at the properties of the drive it shows only 27.5gb available in total on a 32gb model. Is this correct?! Not sure if it was like this before the update?
    In Device mode I show 26.9 GB available on a 32 GB Touchpad

Since everyone uses their TouchPad in a different way, storing files and installing apps, there should be a wide variety of free space.

I didn't install CyanogenMod7, of course.
    Earlier there were rumors that 3.0.4 activated MHL support; anyone with the microusb to HDMI cable know if it actually happened?

With that said, this update is totally worth it.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    Someone can probably answer this better than I, but isn't that at least somewhat to be expected? IIRC for any given hard-drive you lose like 10% of its storage capacity to the partition.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Still appears to behave in this way.

Argh, that drives me CRAZY!!
    ok quick one, does the download unthrottle thing in preware still function, I was reading in 3.0.2 that it was useless.... Is it?
    anyway to test it?
    Is the echo when pairing to webOS phones gone?
    Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Palm Pre Plus --> Palm Pre 2--> TOUCHPAD 32gb
    Still no fix for me with Skype. i have it set on auto accept for incoming skype VIDEO calls. i call from my cell hpone and it still requests me to answer the call. anyone have any ideas?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    If you prefer the original way of scrolling you can still use it by moving diagonally and holding down. Though it seems a bit buggy if you release and immediately try to scroll diagonally again, just give the page a few seconds to adjust to center.
    lrn2swim likes this.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Can someone test whether the Back button of the browser will return to the previous position of the previous page or always the Top of page?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Hmmm, I don't remember this behavior with 3.0.2 but try to change the page number using the selections at the top of the posts. I can't hit those tiny numbers anymore. Keep hitting likes, goto, or display mode. Bottom page selection is working fine.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamfly View Post
    Can someone test whether the Back button of the browser will return to the previous position of the previous page or always the Top of page?
    Back will always go to top of page.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamfly View Post
    This has not been fixed! It still goes to the top of the previous page.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    3.0.4 still didn't fix the single most annoying browser bug that I deal with every day.
    It's impossible to save and use bookmarks for any URL that contains an ampersand.
    This include Google search results and many forum links within threads, and so on.
    Any URL with more than 1 parameter.
    The & is immediately quoted to & when displayed in the browser's address bar (which
    is incorrect behavior when the & is used as a legitimate parameter seperator char), and if
    you try to bookmark that link (even typing the address by hand) and use it, then it's
    double quoted to & which is just garbage. *sigh*

ian
    Without any patches or overclocking, 3.0.4 is like having a new device! Amazing job HP! Everything is running fast and smooth :-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    BuddyHM17 likes this.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast