Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    I did not remove any patches before the update and one patch *really* broke. The one that let's you add more apps to the launcher (forgot the name) and I can't seem to fix it yet. The Splashtop icon is just floating and I can't move it (I have have to uninstall and reinstall the app).

Edit: Uninstalling and re-installing the apps worked.
    I didn't remove any patches also. I had that floating icon too, but it went away after I did another reboot.

Btw, happy that this update fixes the most annoying "feature" for me, the bouncing rubber band effect in the browser.
    it still has the stupid cache ISSue in the browser. Had to go and fix it in internalz pro.

oh and the stupid autocorrect now omg..
    The browser scores a 195 now on html5test.com. Can anyone report what it scores before the update?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    unfortunately I still have to refresh websites in order to have them update. Even going to sites via bookmark does not update it

hm actually it is a little better. Seems to update going from page to page (I think) but bookmarks doesn't. Maybe I'll try creating new ones and seeing if that makes any difference.
    even my PC's firefox does that when i have a lot of cached pages, my touchpads no different, think i set mine to remember 3 pages instead of the 0 or 1 it does as default.
    Also the update seems to have removed the android dual boot.

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    The browser scores a 195 now on html5test.com. Can anyone report what it scores before the update?

195 and 5 bonus points out of a total of 450 points.

Downloaded the update, waiting for the charge to go upto 50%.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Also the update seems to have removed the android dual boot.

Nah, it just removed moboot temporarily - it's fairly easy to fix and your CM7 is untouched.

CGK has a pretty good explanation of the fix here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/3211418-post926.html
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Does the update fix the enable flash option in the browser? Previously that option did nothing.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Has the automatic page reloading bug been fixed?
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    I played it safe and removed my kernel and patches, doing upgrade now. Hoping for some benefits, maybe fully stable wireless? How does one know if patches/kernels are 3.04 safe I wonder?
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I played it safe and removed my kernel and patches, doing upgrade now. Hoping for some benefits, maybe fully stable wireless? How does one know if patches/kernels are 3.04 safe I wonder?
    I just read the folloiwng post:

"Many patches won't be immediately compatible with 3.0.4. It won't break anything if you update, it will simply effectively deactivate those patches. When they are updated, preware will show you new updated patches you can install that will reactivate the relevant patches.

That said - I recommend performing the update. It's fixing a lot of annoying quirks and I'm loving 3.0.4 . It also makes several patches unnecessary - for example the touchpad sensitivity in 3.0.4 is remarkably improved which removes the need (in my opinion) of the "touchpad sensitivity" patch. Historically speaking, it usually takes a week or so for all the patches/overclocks/etc to get ported over to a new patch. You'll be back to normal very quickly.

Bookmarks carry over, as to many other little tweaks you might have done (my "just type" message is still changed, for example). No harm in upgrading."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    On the crackle site, I could play videos, but they timed out fullscreen. Fullscreen now loads, and quickly.
    What exactly happens, does it just freeze or what? I uninstalled my kernel and all my patches, upgraded and crackle still working fine for me in the browser.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Lithium BenchMark Test

Device Performance Index

TP | 3.0.4 | default | ~ 125

compares favorably with

TP | 3.0.2 | Ondemand 1.5.Ghz ~ 120

bring on the overclocking kernals!
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    omg I'm so happy that they finally fixed the WiFi app. It now lets you pick peap as a security protocol and I can finally connect to my universities secure network with ease =D
    sledge007 and khue19 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    omg I'm so happy that they finally fixed the WiFi app. It now lets you pick peap as a security protocol and I can finally connect to my universities secure network with ease =D
    Good news, thanks for sharing as I hadn't noticed that yet. Hoping there are other wireless improvements addressing the touchpad wireless falling asleep (or however you'd describe it) issue that folks have seen.
    Did they fix the browser cache?
    Few minutes test 3.0.4... It feels smoother compared to 3.0.2 without overclock.

But my problem with keyboard not too responsive still persist
    have two 32 GB Touchpads, 1 of which was heavily "upgraded", the other was stock for the wife and daughter. Upgrading the stock version resulted in a Touchpad that overall is quite comparable in performance with mine, so it's now updated to 3.04 as well, after uninstalling all patches (left Preware apps on). Immediate impression is favorable. 3.04 is nearly as fast as highly tuned 3.02, with some additional benefits that are worth it. Period.

The good:
    - Wi-Fi sensitivity is MUCH improved!!!
    - The sensitivity of my Wi-Fi is much better (!!!)
    - App catalog now shows things that are "For Touchpad" (!!)
    - no rubber-banding in the browser (!)
    - still a bit with .pdf's in Adobe Viewer, but still appreciably better..
    - bookmarks are still there
    - opening new browser windows does not gray out the ones behind it
    - video still stops playing when in card mode, although music/sound will play
    - Angry Birds progress didn't get blown away
    - Govnah still works
    - InternalzPro still works (fingers still crossed for HD)
    - Private Browser HD still works
    - Xecutah still works (!!!!!!)
    - Tweaks still works
    - new "camera" app is basic, but does give the ability to do camera, as well as video, fwiw.
    - Audiophile Pro HD indexes faster
    - Stock Volume is a LOT louder!!! May not need to patch the volume any longer! w00t!
    - Kindle no noticeable change

The sub-optimal:
    - JSTop opens, but then gives all sorts of Java output vs. working as it did with 3.02
    - battery consumption seems to have gone WAY up; with a number of things open and brightness up, was over -1200 mA. Turned brightness down and closed everything, it went down to -478 mA. Bears playing with some more.
    - camera still grainy (hw limitation it seems) and still can't change the focus
    - Preware feeds stopped working , so will next try WebOS QuickInstall

Overall, mucho gusto! Or something.

Shall attempt various and sundry re-patching later.
    Last edited by horseybob; 10/18/2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: because additional editing was desirable
    NOTE:
    Members:
    If you happen to find bugs, please use the 'stickied' thread at the top of this forum to report them. Be sure to follow the directions in the first post when you report.

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    is the google account "unknown error" bug fixed?
    Last edited by scorneil; 10/18/2011 at 02:11 PM.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast