Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Well...still no ad-hoc wifi support and even worse, still no BT PAN. Thus (and because i don't feel like buying a new phone) i'll have to stick to CM. Sadly.
    santinog and Rudementry like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    This is great news!

PerfectHybrid said the patches and govnah don't work. Do I have to uninstall those before I update? What happens if I don't?
    Did anyone re-install the muffle logging, dropped packet logging, unthrottle download manager, touch sensitivity patches after 3.0.4 upgrade? Do they work fine? Do they need to be uninstalled prior to upgrade? thanks
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    The initial web page pops up much faster on the oc'd touchpad, BUT, the 3.0.4 version is much smoother scrolling and available for scrolling much sooner than the oc'd pad. Better user experience, I would say.
    Doing update with theme, overclocking and patches installed. Anyone recommend against this before I proceed?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    what about when I load a webpage and then open a new card, does the old card still turn gray or blur and only until I close the new tab, it returns to normal?
    or that still exists?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    re: rubber banding

It is still possible to scroll left and right. Is this what you mean? I dont see much difference.
    No, try scrolling Vertically then use a diagonal motion to Scroll - the page doesn't move Side to side any more while you do that. Yes, you can still make it go side to side, but the motion while scrolling vertically is much smoother.

Honestly, the "rubber-banding" didn't bother me, but I have to admit the fixed behavior is nicer.
    brum likes this.
    wait wait wait

did 3.0.4 come out?

Oh it did...

Sorry I have been up in ceilings from 2 pm yesterday til about 11 at night
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by poqonos View Post
    Do I uninstall Preware and performance enhancing patches as mentioned in the 'Getting Started' thread before update to 3.0.4?
    You can uninstall the patches but no need to get rid of preware.
    So, does this patch address the issues where long pages do not fully render, or refreshing a page sends you back to the top? These are some of my biggest complaints, and would love to see em fixed...
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Doing update with theme, overclocking and patches installed. Anyone recommend against this before I proceed?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    You must remove themes prior to update. They are not yet OTA safe.
    do i lose bookmarks in the browser? or do i have to reinstall all my preware tweaks if i do the update?
    thanks
    I just got my shiny new TP last week so forgive me if this is a silly question. I've been trying to download the 3.0.4 update but the darn thing keeps telling me that it currently has 3.0.2 and that's the most recent system update available. Does anyone know why that might be? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    The update may not be offered in your area yet?
    So the overclocking is no longer supported at this time? Should I hold off the update until all things overclock are straightened out?
    I live in RI. Do they not usually make updates available for the whole country or do they roll them out state by state?
    Have they added support for MSN / Windows Live Messenger yet?
    For what its worth, i have done most if not all the pre-ware performance tweaks and CM7a on my tp the only thing i did prior to the update was go into Govnah and set it back to palm default, did NOT uninstall it.
    Did not remove any other patches and the update took just fine.
    I find this update make the overall system more laggy and jerkier, especially when doing a few multitasking. It is snappier and a bit faster, but at the same time not smooth as the prevoius firmware. I was unable to uninstall muffle logging, and was able to reinstall the other basic patches like remove ripple, packet logging, etc. So far i dont think its a major update, it is still slugglish but snappier.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    It's laggier but snappier? Can you qualify that?
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    re: rubber banding

It is still possible to scroll left and right. Is this what you mean? I dont see much difference.
    No no. 3.0.2 lets say your looking at this forum. You try to scroll down. The screen matches your finger movement 1:1, so you are moving down but if your finger slides just SLIGHTLY sideways, so does the screen.

3.0.4 = you start scrolling down and you can practically move your finger sideways while moving up and the screen will continue to smoothly scroll straight down.

This is a huge improvement. You can still manually pull the screen around (by dragging it side to side), but general scrolling up/down is massively improved. This even works zoomed in, you zoom in on a piece of the doc, start scrolling down, and it will STAY scrolling down.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast