Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by locbuondoi View Post
    after I upgrade to 3.0.4 there is no patch in my preware
    you just have to install the 3.0.2 feed in preware. Then the old patches will show. Just create a new feed and replace 3.0.4 with 3.0.2- good luck
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Update on this issue:

I shut down the TouchPad, until now, I had only Restarted the TouchPad - Post 3.0.4 update, and the video buffering issues have been resolved.

I am experiencing video buffering issues.

For example, in this video: FPV - Run up to a Flat Iron and fall colors cruise, I get 4 minutes into the 8 minute movie and the stream stalls in a buffering state.

This situation is repeatable on almost any video source.
    Last edited by dna550; 10/19/2011 at 09:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by djsvetljo View Post
    Please confirm: Does ad-hoc (ad hoc) work with 3.04? Please provide prove - devices and application(s) used
    As I stated, I disabled WPA2 on freeTether and the TP saw the unsecured network. It also connected to the free wifi provided by City of Hollywood, Fl. which was never seen before. I don't have any Android phones with me but I'd like to see if Barnacle or any of the other ad-hoc tethering programs work as well. If anybody has done this, please post!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Updated to 3.0.4 with all previous patches, some show small 'x' at the bottom of the icon. I am waiting out for the patches to be updated and final post on what works or does not work and how many patches are no longer necessary - need to keep an eye on ncinerate's post.

I did have to shutdown and restart to take care of distorted sound. Anyone else having same issue?

Not sure if youtube is supposed to work in one orientation when watching in full screen? The screen will rotate freely when its windowed (small) within the html page. One in fullscreen the orientation is stuck and will not rotate - not sure if this is the intended behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by khue19 View Post
    Was this done via the workaround I've seen here on PreCentral? Or did it "just work" once paired?
    Just worked once paired as far as I could tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Oddly enough, my charging time with the original equipment HP case seems to have dropped significantly. I set my TP down to charge at 25% when I got home from work and expected it to only be at about 70% when checked in on it. I looked and that bad boy was at 100%

Now that likely was in part due to the fact that the 1.512 overclock was not pulling on it. But I wonder if the update had anything to do with that.
    I had a sneaking suspicion something like this was the case. I think perhaps they did something to make the touchstone charge quicker but as a result it now needs more direct contact and won't work in thicker cases like the Truss. I noticed it seemed to charge quicker in my Technocel case after the update than it did in the Truss before the update.

Still bummed as I love the Truss and the Technocel case isn't the greatest and I'm not too thrilled with the HP official case. Hopefully a solution will be found.
    I know nothing of this Truss case to which you refer. I'll have to check it out.

I find the HP case to be nerly perfect for me. It doesn't encroach on the edges of the TP face at all like a couple other cases out there.
    This is good to see. I am still waiting for my touchpad to arrive maybe it will come preinstalled with the update or I will get a notification as soon as i get the touchpad.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Just seen the Dr and running 3.04 now. Its a little faster but I can't see how people are comparing it to uber kernel. My biggest gripe and its huge, the auto correction is HORRIBLE! I can't type anything, it starts changing the word after a couple letters. I had to turn it off. Besides that its running smooth but I think I might go back to 3.02 if I can find away.
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffGiant11 View Post
    Hi,
    I updated my touchpad to 3.0.4 today and noticed that it will no longer charge while in my Targuss Truss on the touchstone.

If I take the case off, it will charge fine. It used to charge perfectly fine in the Targus case until updating. It's really annoying now I'm going to have to either hope for a solution or get a new case...sigh.
    Yep, I can confirm the same behavior after the update. Unfortunately, this will be very annoying to have to remove it from the case every night. It would charge just fine in the Targus case prior to this update. Very annoying.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    I know nothing of this Truss case to which you refer. I'll have to check it out.

I find the HP case to be nerly perfect for me. It doesn't encroach on the edges of the TP face at all like a couple other cases out there.
    TouchPad case FTW | MacMall | HP Toucad Case - Case for web tablet - Toucad FB343AA#AC3 |
    Can anyone tell me what is the available space on their 16GB HP TP after fresh install of WebOS 3.0.4 without downloading any extra apps/patches?

Thx
    ive still got rubber banding in the browser with 3.0.4.... is there a way to turn it off?
    I tried to remove and re-install the Remove tap Ripple patch after the update to 3.0.4 and now I can not find it in preware at all... what am I missing?... very new to this so thanks for your help...
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beggarsoutpost View Post
    I tried to remove and re-install the Remove tap Ripple patch after the update to 3.0.4 and now I can not find it in preware at all... what am I missing?... very new to this so thanks for your help...
    Most patches for 3.0.4 are not available yet. Give it a few days.
    There is no need to uninstall the ones you have. They are placeholders
    and will show as having updates in Preware when they are available.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Toge64 View Post
    ive still got rubber banding in the browser with 3.0.4.... is there a way to turn it off?
    it does work, it just locks out in the first direction you move, so if you hold to scroll, then the first direction you go is up or down, then it will only scroll up or down and nto left/right, same applies if you first move left/right, it locks to only those directions and up/down wont move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Most patches for 3.0.4 are not available yet. Give it a few days.
    There is no need to uninstall the ones you have. They are placeholders
    and will show as having updates in Preware when they are available.

ian
    So it will show backj up in the list of patches when it has an update then?... Thanks..
    Quote Originally Posted by wised View Post
    can anyone tell me what is the available space on their 16gb hp tp after fresh install of webos 3.0.4 without downloading any extra apps/patches?

Thx
    13.4gb
    HP Touchpad 16GB, webOS 3.0.4, UberKernel 3.0.4-68 @ 1.5Ghz
    HTC Evo 4G, Mynís Synergy ROM RLS1 (Android 2.3.3)
    B&N NOOKcolor, Phiremod 7.1 (Android 2.3.7), @ 1.1Ghz
    When I upgraded to 3.0.4, somehow I lost the advanced reset (Luna) function, and now I can't even find it on preware. Can anyone point me to where I can download and reinstall it for my touchpad? molto grazie.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdgoler View Post
    When I upgraded to 3.0.4, somehow I lost the advanced reset (Luna) function, and now I can't even find it on preware. Can anyone point me to where I can download and reinstall it for my touchpad? molto grazie.
    you cant atm, the patch was custom made for one specific version of webOS only, we have to wait for the authors to revamp it for the new webOS version.

no "patch" is future proof, devs cant predict what changes will be made in future updates.