Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    I just read this entire thread after updating to the latest 3.0.4 operating system. I think I understood what everyone is saying about the patches not being available yet but I just want to be sure. I have read a few people have successfully re-installed a number of patches and are working fine. When I tried to un-install a patch and re-install it it just disappears where I can't even find it in the list. It's not even visible any more in the list. Now I know a couple of people here have said you have to wait for the updated patches to become available but how are other people able to update the patches and some can't.
    Also I see that someone received an update to their kernel F4 after the OS update and is now overclocking at 1.7. I have the same kernel installed and never received any update after installing 3.0.4.

Just want to make sure that I didn't do anything wrong...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by splitskull View Post
    I got the same thing ... booo
    Oddly enough, my charging time with the original equipment HP case seems to have dropped significantly. I set my TP down to charge at 25% when I got home from work and expected it to only be at about 70% when checked in on it. I looked and that bad boy was at 100%

Now that likely was in part due to the fact that the 1.512 overclock was not pulling on it. But I wonder if the update had anything to do with that.
    Preware seems to be hanging when it's reading the saved packages list. Do I need to do anything? Uninstall and reinstall? Or will it magically fix itself? Ideas?

Thanks,
    Macros
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Second - NO MORE RUBBER BANDING WHEN SCROLLING! Huge improvement, I am able to scroll down pages with a flick of the finger and the screen doesn't do that annoying and horrible side-to-side rubber banding. Clean scrolling on everything I'm checking. Wow! You can even slide your finger up and to the side while scrolling and it'll stay tracking down properly. This even works while zoomed in. Awesome fix.

This is a great update.[/QUOTE]

OMG the horrible scrolling is indeed dead! That used to drive me mad.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-dog View Post
    I just read this entire thread after updating to the latest 3.0.4 operating system. I think I understood what everyone is saying about the patches not being available yet but I just want to be sure. I have read a few people have successfully re-installed a number of patches and are working fine. When I tried to un-install a patch and re-install it it just disappears where I can't even find it in the list. It's not even visible any more in the list. Now I know a couple of people here have said you have to wait for the updated patches to become available but how are other people able to update the patches and some can't.
    Also I see that someone received an update to their kernel F4 after the OS update and is now overclocking at 1.7. I have the same kernel installed and never received any update after installing 3.0.4.

Just want to make sure that I didn't do anything wrong...

Thanks
    I received an update for Uberkernal but not any of the Preware patches or Govnah for overclocking.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DizWhiz View Post
    I received an update for Uberkernal but not any of the Preware patches or Govnah for overclocking.
    The update for Uberkernel appears to be a placeholder until the real thing comes along.
    It's running stock kernel at stock 1.2Ghz with no option to OC.

Just be patient folks. Everything takes time to be updated after each
    WebOS release. Don't uninstall anything in Preware.

ian
    after I upgrade to 3.0.4 there is no patch in my preware
    Quote Originally Posted by khazoury View Post
    upgraded to the latest version and now my TP says www.palm.com/ROM with an exclamation point in a triangle! What do I do now?!!!
    Me, too! Any advice would be most appreciated! I did a full erase before installing the new 3.0.4.
    Is it just me or the WebOS 3.0.4 takes up 1 GB more than webOS 3.0.2.

I have 12.5GB available space (FRESH DOCTORED With NO APP).

I had 13.5GB available space (FRESH DOCTORED with NO APP).

On 16GB TP that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros746 View Post
    Preware seems to be hanging when it's reading the saved packages list. Do I need to do anything? Uninstall and reinstall? Or will it magically fix itself? Ideas?

Thanks,
    Macros
    i have the same problem.
    For Preware, you need to wait 24-72 hours after each webOS OS update. This is to give the homebrewers time to update everything to be compatible. They are working like mad right now.

You can follow webosinternals on twitter if you want periodic updates.
    Can anyone tell me the available space on their 16GB tp with FRESH install of WebOS 3.0.4 with NO extra apps?

Thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Note, I said "action vids". As in high motion.
    Both of those are almost no-motion. They play fine for me too but are not demanding at all.
    Try this one.
    and this one
    (I'm piloting the aircraft in both vids)
    Those vids played ok in 3.0.2 at 1.5Ghz. A little stutter now and again, but generally
    smooth. Now they're always super choppy. If I pause it, it buffers a little
    quicker. Let it play again after it has buffered for a while and playback still sucks
    but the buffering slows down. It really is acting like playback and buffering
    are competing for limited resources.

ian
    fwiw, I watched your videos in 720p and they played fairly smoothly. There was couple buffering but other than that it was fine. If you're having issues, it may be the network issue.
    I'm guessing someone has posted this already... but there are a LOT of issues post update... but most of them will be resolved if you restart the touchpad one more time... that fixed my pandora, and my pReader issue right away...
    AcapulcoRolf likes this.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros746 View Post

Thanks,
    Macros
    I had the exact same problem. Just shut your TP down and switch it on again (Advance reset patch not updated yet). This worked for me.
    Somehow the new camera app does not work for me.... the app will open hang. Any help will be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbg View Post
    Somehow the new camera app does not work for me.... the app will open hang. Any help will be appreciated
    Ignore my question.... webOS internals just tweeted that this is caused by UberKernel still using 3.0.2 sources.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbg View Post
    Ignore my question.... webOS internals just tweeted that this is caused by UberKernel still using 3.0.2 sources.
    Note that this is only the case with the UberKernel 3.0.4 beta feed, not the UberKernel
    update many may have seen in the regular feed following the 3.0.4 update
    which is just a placeholder.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Note that this is only the case with the UberKernel 3.0.4 beta feed, not the UberKernel
    update many may have seen in the regular feed following the 3.0.4 update
    which is just a placeholder.

ian
    Thanks! I might have installed the beta feed since I had it enabled. Will wait for the regular feed updates to be made available.
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    > The "back to top of page" and the "bookmark with parms" are 2 of my most annoying issues.
    > They basically make browsing an unpleasant experience.

And I'd like to add another, the fact that visited links are not shown in a different color (purple). This is the only browser I know of that does this. It makes going through search results and craigslist extremely annoying. Is there a patch for this?
    Isandunk and Techy like this.